Author Topic: 2 police officers threatened and assaulted Army officer during an illegal stop, lawsuit claims: Vide  (Read 6303 times)

Offline Sled Dog

• The Ultimate Weapon: Freedom - I Won't
They saw a car with NO LICENSE PLATES and tinted windows, which was against the law too, as one cannot SEE, who is in the car.  Police, DO NOT KNOW ANYONE IN A CAR.  No tags to even run.  They saw a vehicle, no tags, NOT COMPLYING by their behaviors.  Then resisting every step of the way.  The young man was totally in the wrong, disrespectful and not law abiding.  THE VIDEO SHOWS THAT.  Any problem, all on that driver.  The police showed all kind of restraint.  Most would have blown the IDIOT way.  The idiot at one point, he even SLAPS AWAY, THE POLICEMAN'S HAND.  THE NERVE! Then the cussing.  Can you imagine having to deal with this insanity....everyday?  EVERY DAY?  SEVERAL TIMES A DAY?  Like this driver who is in the wrong?  The TITLE OF THIS THREAD IS ALL WRONG TOO.

ZERO ILLEGAL STOP.
POLICE JUST DOING THEIR JOB. NO THREAT.
DRIVER PUNK ASSAULTED A POLICE MAN BY SLAPPING POLICEMAN HAND. 
SOCIOPATH IS LYING, AS IS THE ARTICLE.

What's the difference between driving an SUV with heavy window tint and driving a cargo-van with no windows except the front doors and windshield, from a pig-safety viewpoint?  Would the cops have been justified in stopping him if he'd driven an old Vandura with junk blocking the back windows, like I used to?

I was stopped for a taillight once.   The cops walked right up to the driver's window and said "I can't see your hands".  I said "oops" and put them on the steering wheel.

So the pigs need to see into a private vehicle for what reasons, again?

Window tint prohibitions makes what kind of sense?

I recall some time ago where some local TV hack got a ticket for window tinting.   So he took his camera crew to the parking lot of the local police station and showed everyone all the tinted windows on the personal vehicles owned by the pigs.

The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.

Offline dfwgator

IMO its not a black or white matter. Officer Gutierrez was a jerk & escalated unnecessarily but things would've been fine had the 2nd Lt not copped an attitude.

Diversity hire?

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
@Sled Dog

PLEASE do not refer LEO's as pigs!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Sled Dog

And still Officer Joe Gutierrez was fired.

That's good news.

His job was to defuse the situation.

He made it even worse.
The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.

Offline dfwgator

That's good news.

His job was to defuse the situation.

He made it even worse.

Which is my whole point.  The emphasis on diversity hiring that began in the 1970s has bore this rotten fruit.   Rarely should things ever get to the point where shots should be fired.    But standards have dropped so much, that it has become much more common, with people of all races being shot more by cops.

Of course the solution won't please "wokesters".

Offline Sled Dog

Well nice try at trying to psychoanalyze  me.  Shall I do you now?  How about making your point without all the personal attacks?  You aren't capable of being decent, making a point,  without personal attacks?   I did not know about tags in any WINDOW.  Last I heard, dark tint is not allowed as people can't see inside.  See who is driving.  That has practical issues. 
I saw the video.  The driver was acting like a baby. Yeah, that is what we need in the military. WONDER HOW WELL HE TAKES HIS ORDERS THERE?   

All the driver HAD to do, was comply with police.  HE DIDN'T.  I FOLLOW THE LAWS OF THE LAND.  You all act like police should be clairvoyant. SEE IN THE DARK.  BE PERFECT PEOPLE.  Let us assume, the police were in the wrong.
WHY DIDN'T THE AZZHOLE DRIVER JUST COMPLY?  They asked him a few things, to determine, about tags. 

All the azzhole driver had to do was comply.  SHOW THEM HIS TAG IN THE WINDOW.  The driver was making the issue worse.  THE DRIVER IS TOTALLY IN THE WRONG.  He sure didn't 'act' innocent'.   Ignorant.  Resisting officers.  I would guess, everyone WANTS to resist a policeman.  Police get tired of that.

Wrong call if officer was fired.  Now, it is the END TIMES.  GOOD IS MADE OUT TO BE BAD, AND BAD MADE OUT TO BE GOOD.  THAT IS WHERE WE ARE.....NOW.  The driver was in the wrong.  THE DRIVER ESCALATED THE SITUATION.

I am a law abiding citizen.  You..aren't.

Law abiding citizens in Germany walked meekly into the gas chambers.   Screw law-abiding when the law enforcers are acting like fascists.

The cops had the authority to stop and investigate.    They didn't have the authority to draw weapons immediately.   One of the cops should have walked up to the vehicle first, it's their friggin' JOB.

What law did the suspect violate?   He didn't have to leave the vehicle and the cops were required to state probable cause for the stop before they started issuing those orders.   

Here's how it goes.

Car is pulled over.

Cop gets his donut-larded ass out of his vehicle and walks to the suspect's stopped car.

He shouldn't have to request...(not ORDER) request the window be rolled down, that's how this game is played, but some people are anal on the other side, too.

The window is rolled down, conversation starts.   The officer normally asks "do you know why I stopped you?" and the intelligent driver says "no, why?" (why confess?) Then the officer states why.

Then the officer can demand the paperwork.   Without stating a legal probable cause, the pigs can't do ANYTHING.

This is called "following the law".  It's for pigs, not just Americans.

Offline Sled Dog

Which is my whole point.  The emphasis on diversity hiring that began in the 1970s has bore this rotten fruit.   Rarely should things ever get to the point where shots should be fired.    But standards have dropped so much, that it has become much more common, with people of all races being shot more by cops.

Of course the solution won't please "wokesters".

Actually, cops were bullies then, too.  People who aren't bullies do not become cops.   

But good cops keep their bullying in check and save it for the criminals.   These morons just assumed everyone in a black car with dark windows had to be a Hollywood movie gangster.

Offline Sled Dog

The other officer was uncomfortable, NOT KNOWING, how much more crazy and resisting the driver would become. 

The driver escalated the situation. The driver could have started shooting at police.  Police don't know, WHY, a person is not complying.  The DRIVER had the audacity to slap the policeman's hand!  People are just afraid of more riots.
No one knew, WHO, the driver....was.  He was an azzhole.

Why should the citizen comply when the cops are pointing guns at him right off the bat?

It was the cops' job to calm the situation down, and they made it worse, every step of the way.

Americans aren't pansies and resent this kind of treatment from the pigs.   

Offline Sled Dog

If it was a "Legal Stop", why was the Officer Fired?

Oh, the stop was legal.  Perfectly sensible for a police officer to investigate what might be a stolen car by stopping and ASKING some questions.

The rest of the scene was not legal, not at all.   Since the search was illegal nothing found could be admissible in court.

Offline dfwgator

Actually, cops were bullies then, too.  People who aren't bullies do not become cops.   

I don't buy that.

Offline Sled Dog

IMO its not a black or white matter. Officer Gutierrez was a jerk & escalated unnecessarily but things would've been fine had the 2nd Lt not copped an attitude.

I'm told that only white people can be racist.   That lets the hispanic cop off the hook.

Offline Sled Dog

Offline Sled Dog

Yeah I watched it. The cops' tension level was critical the very moment the guy's car rolled to a stop. As I said earlier, the driver was stuck in dicey situation when they pointed their guns at him, told him to show his hands AND exit the vehicle. In that situation with cops in an agitated state I am not gonna do ANYTHING with my hands but keep them out the window, making exiting the car kinda tough.

On the other hand once Gutierrez approached his window making conversation possible the Lt should have calmly complied. And Gutierrez should've tried to de-escalate.

Not a cop but like everyone else I have an opinion - there is blame to go around but the police set the tone early on.

He didn't have to exit the vehicle and they didn't have probable cause to drag him out or assault him.

Offline Sled Dog

@Sled Dog

PLEASE do not refer LEO's as pigs!

ONLY when they act like law enforcement officers and not as authoritarian goons on a power trip.

I support the POLICE. 

I do not support abuse under color of authority.

They made the choice, the words I employ have the necessary definition to express the ideas I desire.

Offline Sled Dog

From the OP Link
“I made the decision to release him without any charges,” his report said. “The reason for this decision is simple; the military is the only place where double jeopardy applies. Meaning that whatever happened in civil court, the military could still take action against him. Being a military veteran, I did not want to see his career ruined over one erroneous decision.”

So Guitterrez claims to be a veteran....but in the video he was clearly questioning the suspect's rank...though the uniform would have clearly displayed collar devices showing him to be a Lieutenant. 

So he was baiting the suspect hoping to get a reaction.

Glad he got fired.  Clear a disgrace to the police uniform and probably his military uniform, too.

Offline verga

@mountaineer

Been a long time since I lived in Va,but the best I can remember,it is NOT illegal to carry a loaded gun in your car if it is not concealed.

I know some of you are getting the vapors over this,but you are just being hysterical.
I have been pulled over twice while carrying concealed. Once in NYS and once in VA. Both times I was smart enough to inform the office as quickly as i could that I was carrying. INYS the officer had me leave the vehicle and he asked where it was i told him. He removed it emptied it and set it on the roof of my truck. In VA he just asked for my license and permit. Thanked me for carrying and sent me on my way. He is the difference between me and the idiot Lt. I wasn't an bleep and i did as i was requested to do. I didn't give either officer and shit and everyone went home safe and sound with out any injury or use of pepper spray.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline verga

If it was a "Legal Stop", why was the Officer Fired?
@Elderberry Because we are living in a "Woke" society and his commanding officer doesn't have any balls. Did you watch the video I provided the link to?
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
That 2LT was wrong from start to finish on that stop and was actively resisting during the entire stop.  I just wonder/hope taht the VA national Guard and his unit take appropriate action against him for his part in that cluster f*ck.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
@Elderberry Because we are living in a "Woke" society and his commanding officer doesn't have any balls. Did you watch the video I provided the link to?

^^^ This!
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline verga

The pigs exceeded their authority.

The driver of the car was an idiot.

Then again, there was no reason for the pigs to draw weapons as they did.   Sorry, it's a shitty job, but the pigs have to have PROBABLE CAUSE to use force.   

Then again, God only knows why the moron driving the car needed to told a thousand times to open the window, shut the car off and stick his hands out of the window.   Those orders were lawful and routine for a traffic stop.   Clearly the driver was trying to create a Rodney King Moment.
First you call them pigs that exceeded their authority, and then you conclude by saying "Those orders were lawful and routine for a traffic stop." Which one do you believe, because I am seeing a serious contradiction here?

Offline verga

Too bad for them.   All the pigs had was a new car and stereotyping.

THEY initiated the confrontation by drawing weapons.    if they're afraid on their job, they need to find a new line of work.

They had no probable cause for anything but an interview.
Obviously you did not watch the video. THE WINDOWS WERE TINTED AND IT WAS AT NIGHT. THEY COULD NTO SEE THE DRIVER. So explain to me how they were stereotyping since the driver was half Hispanic and half African American, and the officer was also Hispanic? And stop calling them pigs. They are officers doing a job and you are sounding like one of the BLM D!CKS.

Offline verga

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
The pigs exceeded their authority.

The driver of the car was an idiot.

Then again, there was no reason for the pigs to draw weapons as they did.   Sorry, it's a shitty job, but the pigs have to have PROBABLE CAUSE to use force.   

Then again, God only knows why the moron driving the car needed to told a thousand times to open the window, shut the car off and stick his hands out of the window.   Those orders were lawful and routine for a traffic stop.   Clearly the driver was trying to create a Rodney King Moment.

@Sled Dog

I suspect,that like a lot of blacks,he has a chip on his shoulder. After all,ALL he has heard since the day he was born is that he is a "Victum ob de white debbils". You hear that often enough,you believe it. You believe it long enough,and no amount of actual evidence will remove it from your  mind.

This has been a part of the leftist plan ever since they moved the blacks onto the "LBJ Plantation".

Yeah,some blacks manage to overcome the lifetime of conditioning they receive,but it's not easy.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Too bad for them.   All the pigs had was a new car and stereotyping.

THEY initiated the confrontation by drawing weapons.    if they're afraid on their job, they need to find a new line of work.

They had no probable cause for anything but an interview.

@Sled Dog

And THERE it is.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

Agree that driving over a mile "to find a lighted area" was unnecessary provocation and stirred up the pigs.

@Sled Dog

I don't. It was a semi-rural area,and it was dark. It only makes sense to drive to a lighted area with witnesses around that is also off the way of traffic. It's not like he sped up and tried to get away.

ANYBODY that stops in the road or even on the shoulder of the road is a fool unless their vehicle has quit being drivable. It's just too dangerous,and there is NO rational reason for doing it.

The pigs are supposed to act rationally, not emotionally, like that fat one did.   HE was so stupid he couldn't even read standard military insignia.

Actually,they are trained to react like robots. They learn this "make road stops in the road" nonsense from the police academies. Don't ask me to explain the "logic" behind it because I can't. 10+  years ago the cops appreciated you pulling off the road into a shopping center,or somewhere else there was no danger of them or you being ran over by a drunk or some over-medicated senior.

I have no idea what fool was behind the brain fart demanding you and the cop stop and block a 2 lane highway for crap like minor speeding tickets or equipment violations,but damned if it didn't seem to take over and become standard procedure all over the country.

*I* STRONGLY suspect this was at the root of the only speeding ticket I got in over 30 years. I refused to pull over to the shoulder of a busy 4 lane highway,and drove maybe a quarter mile at most to a shopping center parking lot,where I parked and turned my ignition off,rolled my window down,and sat there with both hands high on the steering wheel in plain sight unit Officer Cartman got to my truck.

He was pissed when he got there,and demanded to know why I didn't IMMEDIATELY stop,and I told him at first it was because I couldn't believe he was stopping me,and when I did realize that,I didn't want to stop and block the highway.

I had been driving in a 55 mph speed zone on a 4 lane highway around 3 PM on a sunny afternoon,and was just entering the 50 mph speed zone. My speedo read 62 MPH,and I had just taken my foot off the accelerator to slow down.

Evidentially he was pissed at me for not immediately coming to a screaming halt and trembling with fear at his auth-or-atay,so he gave me a ticket for 66 in a 45. I told him there was no way in hell I was going that fast,and then he really got pissed. I honestly thought he was going to try to put his hands on me,and that would have gotten very ugly very quickly.

To be honest,he was already mad when he got up to my truck window,so I suspect someone else had made him mad just a few minutes earlier,and he was still "carrying that mad" when he stopped me.

Affirmative action hiring.