Author Topic: 2 police officers threatened and assaulted Army officer during an illegal stop, lawsuit claims: Vide  (Read 6292 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
And still Officer Joe Gutierrez was fired.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Virginia officer who pepper sprayed Army officer fired

In a statement released on Sunday, the Windsor Police Department said it conducted an investigation into Gutierrez’s use of force, which determined that department policy “was not followed.”

“At the conclusion of this investigation, it was determined that Windsor Police Department policy was not followed,” the department wrote in a statement.

“This resulted in disciplinary action, and department-wide requirements for additional training were implemented beginning in January and continue up to the present. Since that time, Officer Gutierrez was also terminated from his employment,” the department added.

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/547624-virginia-officer-who-pepper-sprayed-army-officer-fired
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline skeeter

And still Officer Joe Gutierrez was fired.
Good. You could tell the other officer was uncomfortable with the manner Gutierrez handled the situation.

Offline LegalAmerican

@LegalAmerican

The car DID have a temporary license tag taped inside the rear window,as required by law. The cop either just didn't see it,or saw there was no plate on the rear bumper and jumped to the wrong conclusion.

As for the tinted glass,it was a brand new automobile with FACTORY TINTED WINDOWS.

Once again,they were there,and he just didn't see them. Probably the fact that it was after dark had a role to play in that,but I am just guessing.

HORSEHILLARY! Where the hell are you from,anyway? 1930's Germany?

He (btw,there was no "they") did NOT "resist" their "Autho-ri-TAY" in any way. Since it was dark,he decided to pull off the road and stop at a lighted gas station just ahead. I would have done the same thing,and did just that a short while ago.

Just because the cops are stupid enough to stop in the middle of the road and possibly cause an accident,that doesn't mean you have to be that stupid.

Well,I guess we should just insist he be backed against a wall and shot,right?

BTW,once again WHAT laws did he break?

Are you on drugs? Seriously.

I have never said this to any immigrant to the US before,but you  should have remained where you were before you came here. You and America are just NOT a "good fit".

Well nice try at trying to psychoanalyze  me.  Shall I do you now?  How about making your point without all the personal attacks?  You aren't capable of being decent, making a point,  without personal attacks?   I did not know about tags in any WINDOW.  Last I heard, dark tint is not allowed as people can't see inside.  See who is driving.  That has practical issues. 
I saw the video.  The driver was acting like a baby. Yeah, that is what we need in the military. WONDER HOW WELL HE TAKES HIS ORDERS THERE?   

All the driver HAD to do, was comply with police.  HE DIDN'T.  I FOLLOW THE LAWS OF THE LAND.  You all act like police should be clairvoyant. SEE IN THE DARK.  BE PERFECT PEOPLE.  Let us assume, the police were in the wrong.
WHY DIDN'T THE AZZHOLE DRIVER JUST COMPLY?  They asked him a few things, to determine, about tags. 

All the azzhole driver had to do was comply.  SHOW THEM HIS TAG IN THE WINDOW.  The driver was making the issue worse.  THE DRIVER IS TOTALLY IN THE WRONG.  He sure didn't 'act' innocent'.   Ignorant.  Resisting officers.  I would guess, everyone WANTS to resist a policeman.  Police get tired of that.

Wrong call if officer was fired.  Now, it is the END TIMES.  GOOD IS MADE OUT TO BE BAD, AND BAD MADE OUT TO BE GOOD.  THAT IS WHERE WE ARE.....NOW.  The driver was in the wrong.  THE DRIVER ESCALATED THE SITUATION.

I am a law abiding citizen.  You..aren't. 
« Last Edit: April 12, 2021, 05:16:48 pm by LegalAmerican »

Offline LegalAmerican

Good. You could tell the other officer was uncomfortable with the manner Gutierrez handled the situation.

The other officer was uncomfortable, NOT KNOWING, how much more crazy and resisting the driver would become. 

The driver escalated the situation. The driver could have started shooting at police.  Police don't know, WHY, a person is not complying.  The DRIVER had the audacity to slap the policeman's hand!  People are just afraid of more riots.
No one knew, WHO, the driver....was.  He was an azzhole.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Some other viewpoints:

@mountaineer

Been a long time since I lived in Va,but the best I can remember,it is NOT illegal to carry a loaded gun in your car if it is not concealed.

I know some of you are getting the vapors over this,but you are just being hysterical.

« Last Edit: April 12, 2021, 05:14:43 pm by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline LegalAmerican

Officer Tatum presents his opinion. He says that the Lieutenant was wrong.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgBMnJyOiT0

Thank you, thank you Verga.  I just saw this, after Sneaky excoriated me for being CORRECT.  OFFICER TATUM, knows more about this,  than I do. LEGAL STOP.   SNEAKY owes me an apology.

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
If it was a "Legal Stop", why was the Officer Fired?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Thank you, thank you Verga.  I just saw this, after Sneaky excoriated me for being CORRECT.  OFFICER TATUM, knows more about this,  than I do. LEGAL STOP.   SNEAKY owes me an apology.

@LegalAmerican

Ok,to start with,this guy is full of Bush. MANY temporary tags are not made of cardboard,but of paper,and are glued to the rear window.  He is either a retard,a liar,or from a state that doesn't offer paper tags and not bright enough to check to see if Va does.

I had one in the rear window of an old Buick I bought off of a used car lot when I was living in Denver,and was stopped by the Denver PD for "failure to display a license tag" when the glue let go and it fell in the floor. Cops stopped me and asked me where my tag was,I said "Huh?",and we both saw it sitting in the floor in the rear  of the car. Cops told me to get some tape and tape it back up,and went away. Something similar is what SHOULD have happened with the LT.

AND.......,on top of that,traffic stops that lead to the cold-blooded murder of cops like the video he shows are 1 in 100,000 stops,or maybe even fewer. This does NOT mean it is not a real concern,though. In fact,the one shown in the video with the idiot gunning down the cop gets me steamed. It was nothing less than cold-blooded murder. I regret that he ended up killed in a gun fight with police because the SOB should be forced to spend decades suffering while locked up in a freaking cage. Preferably while suffering from wounds received when they got him.

In fact,that is the ONLY argument that makes me ALMOST see the benefit to ending the death penalty. Which causes the most suffering,being executed or spending decades locked away in a maximum security prison?

Not to mention,you execute a prisoner,it has an emotional impact on the other prisoners for a week,maybe two weeks. You lock one away alone forever,and and every other prisoner in that prison is aware of what his life is like on a daily basis,and it just MIGHT make some of them think about the consequences if they don't change their lives.

Then again,that is a lot of "mights" strung together,and one sure thing is if you execute a prisoner,you don't have to spend even one thin dime on him from that moment forward. No guards have to be paid to babysit him,no food,no medical care,no haircuts,no electricity for lights or heat,no nothing but a plot in the dirt. There is a lot to be said for that.

BTW,even though I see the officer's request for the man to give up the AR TEMPORARILY during the traffic stop to be VERY reasonable,I do have a good friend who tried to commit suicide with his 30/30 carbine,and flinched as he pulled the trigger. He didn't die,but he sure did destroy his shoulder. The local cops seized the rifle for evidence,of course. Which is normal and expected.

What WASN'T normal and expected is that it took him a couple of years to get the Chief of Police to return his rifle to him. The excuse given was "he was holding it as evidence in a future potential trial",but he was also seen deer hunting with it.

Still,when a lone cop stops you,sees something like a CAR-15 on your truck seat,and asks you to hand the weapon over/push it away out of reach,etc,etc,etc,that is a discussion you are NOT going to win by the side of the road and you are a fool to try. If there is any argument you want to make about it,the time and the place is in a courtroom later on.

After all,the worse thing that CAN happen if you do NOT agree to give it up IS what is going to happen if you refuse because the cops and everyone else will automatically assume you had evil intent on your mind at the time the request was made,or you would have handed it over.

I think the technical legal term for that is "Eat UP with the dumbass!"

AND......,NONE of this applies to anything related to the Lt's case. As has been mentioned already,the Windsor,Va Chief of Police has already fired the patrol officer who sprayed the Lt. If THAT doesn't tell you something,you just ain't listening. Chances are good this wasn't his first Rodeo with citizen complaints about unjustified use of force.

« Last Edit: April 12, 2021, 06:17:06 pm by sneakypete »

Offline LegalAmerican

POS.  Piece of shyt.  I said azzhole.  Sneaky your punishment for being so rude and nasty to me, is watch OFFICER TATUM......10 TIMES.   

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgBMnJyOiT0

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
POS.  Piece of shyt.  I said azzhole.  Sneaky your punishment for being so rude and nasty to me, is watch OFFICER TATUM......10 TIMES.   

@LegalAmerican

Yeah,I will get right on that.

Honest.

Offline LegalAmerican

Online sneakypete

Re: 2 police officers threatened and assaulted Army officer during an illegal stop, lawsuit claims:
« Reply #35 on: Today at 02:18:18 PM »

You are ignoring this user.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Online sneakypete

Re: 2 police officers threatened and assaulted Army officer during an illegal stop, lawsuit claims:
« Reply #35 on: Today at 02:18:18 PM »

@LegalAmerican

AND???????

Offline LegalAmerican

Love, love officer Tatum!     "Where's Waldo".  lol   Military?  This guy can't follow orders!  I hope he is released from military. 
What a lousy character.  CAUSING PROBLEMS ON PURPOSE.   Everything this guy, POS,  is saying, after in handcuffs, is a LIE.

LOVE, LOVE OFFICER TATUM!   I know, right from wrong.  Some don't.  "Police were 100 % right, in what they did". =Tatum

Frivolous lawsuit. Wanting money. Wanting attention. SOCIOPATH.  YOUR TAX DOLLARS.....

Army officer, threatened and assaulted 2 police officers during a legal stop.

Offline mountaineer

I know some of you are getting the vapors over this,but you are just being hysterical.
I'm not one of them. I've expressed no opinion on this matter.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline skeeter

I'm not one of them. I've expressed no opinion on this matter.

IMO its not a black or white matter. Officer Gutierrez was a jerk & escalated unnecessarily but things would've been fine had the 2nd Lt not copped an attitude.

Offline LegalAmerican

IMO its not a black or white matter. Officer Gutierrez was a jerk & escalated unnecessarily but things would've been fine had the 2nd Lt not copped an attitude.

I don't see that.  Officer was trying to get AZZHOLE in car to comply.  OFFICER TATUM,  says officer who was a corporal in military, DEESCALATED the situation. Tatum, then explains, how. Did you watch the whole video?  Normally you see things very clearly.  Yes, azzhole in car had major attitude.

Offline skeeter

I don't see that.  Officer was trying to get AZZHOLE in car to comply.  OFFICER TATUM,  says officer who was a corporal in military, DEESCALATED the situation. Tatum, then explains, how. Did you watch the whole video?  Normally you see things very clearly.  Yes, azzhole in car had major attitude.
Yeah I watched it. The cops' tension level was critical the very moment the guy's car rolled to a stop. As I said earlier, the driver was stuck in dicey situation when they pointed their guns at him, told him to show his hands AND exit the vehicle. In that situation with cops in an agitated state I am not gonna do ANYTHING with my hands but keep them out the window, making exiting the car kinda tough.

On the other hand once Gutierrez approached his window making conversation possible the Lt should have calmly complied. And Gutierrez should've tried to de-escalate.

Not a cop but like everyone else I have an opinion - there is blame to go around but the police set the tone early on.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@skeeter

Agreed,but as he was the offended party,he kinda had a right to cop an attitude.

After all,this is STILL America,and we have a right to protest ill treatment by the police,right?

Some would say we even have an OBLIGATION to protest un-Constitutional treatment by the police because traditionally,that is where tyranny begins to flourish.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2021, 10:21:27 pm by sneakypete »

Offline skeeter

@skeeter

Agreed,but as he was the offended party,he kinda had a right to cop an attitude.

After all,this is STILL America,and we have a right to protest ill treatment by the police,right?

Some would say we even have an OBLIGATION to protest un-Constitutional treatment by the police because traditionally,that is where tyranny begins to flourish.
Of course I agree but being a practical person I would've prioritized not getting shot over pressing my constitutional prerogatives. yogi555

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Of course I agree but being a practical person I would've prioritized not getting shot over pressing my constitutional prerogatives. yogi555

@skeeter

No question about it,you DO make a valid point!

Offline LegalAmerican

Yeah I watched it. The cops' tension level was critical the very moment the guy's car rolled to a stop. As I said earlier, the driver was stuck in dicey situation when they pointed their guns at him, told him to show his hands AND exit the vehicle. In that situation with cops in an agitated state I am not gonna do ANYTHING with my hands but keep them out the window, making exiting the car kinda tough.

On the other hand once Gutierrez approached his window making conversation possible the Lt should have calmly complied. And Gutierrez should've tried to de-escalate.

Not a cop but like everyone else I have an opinion - there is blame to go around but the police set the tone early on.

Yes, because it took azzhole, one and a half mile  of driving...before he stopped for police.  He then situated all of his inside cameras in his vehicle for some 15 MINUTES of fame and YouTube video.  He did not let his foot off the car brakes.  He did not comply putting his hands out the window, etc.  How many times does it have to be said to a person?  Then he asks, 'whats going on?"  Please watch OFFICER TATUM from the beginning.  Tatum was on the police force. I believe some military experience too. (I might be wrong on that.)  The DRIVER SET THE TONE...by not pulling over and having attitude.  Not mad at you. You seem reasonable.  This is all I have to say.

Offline Sled Dog

• The Ultimate Weapon: Freedom - I Won't
The pigs exceeded their authority.

The driver of the car was an idiot.

Then again, there was no reason for the pigs to draw weapons as they did.   Sorry, it's a shitty job, but the pigs have to have PROBABLE CAUSE to use force.   

Then again, God only knows why the moron driving the car needed to told a thousand times to open the window, shut the car off and stick his hands out of the window.   Those orders were lawful and routine for a traffic stop.   Clearly the driver was trying to create a Rodney King Moment.
The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.

Offline Sled Dog

Totally in the wrong.  The police don't know, WHO is behind the wheel.  Could be a stolen car, with some desperate person at the wheel.  WHY, WHY, WHY...did he not comply with multiple requests?  POLICE ARE NOT MIND READERS, as some of you want them to be.  Many cases, a policeman walks up to a car and the PERP KILLS THEM. 

The driver in the car was not listening to orders!  THEY..DON'T...KNOW....YOU!   ANY OF YOU.

Too bad for them.   All the pigs had was a new car and stereotyping.

THEY initiated the confrontation by drawing weapons.    if they're afraid on their job, they need to find a new line of work.

They had no probable cause for anything but an interview.   
The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.

Offline Sled Dog

In the meantime, Windsor Police Officer Daniel Crocker radioed he was attempting to pull over a vehicle with no rear license plate and tinted windows. He said the driver was “eluding police” and he cons= ARTICLE.

Agree that driving over a mile "to find a lighted area" was unnecessary provocation and stirred up the pigs.

The pigs are supposed to act rationally, not emotionally, like that fat one did.   HE was so stupid he couldn't even read standard military insignia.