Author Topic: 2 police officers threatened and assaulted Army officer during an illegal stop, lawsuit claims: Vide  (Read 6307 times)

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
American Military News by Jane Harper - The Virginian Pilot  April 09, 2021

Video: 2 police officers threatened and assaulted Army officer during an illegal stop, lawsuit claims

Caron Nazario was driving his brand new SUV through the town of Windsor last December when he saw a police cruiser signal for him to pull over.

The Army second lieutenant slowed down on U.S. Route 460, flipped on his turn signal, and looked for a lighted place to pull over because it was dark outside, according to a lawsuit filed last week in U.S. District Court in Norfolk.

Less than a mile away, Nazario saw a BP gas station. He drove his Chevrolet Tahoe into the parking area and stopped, the lawsuit said.

In the meantime, Windsor Police Officer Daniel Crocker radioed he was attempting to pull over a vehicle with no rear license plate and tinted windows. He said the driver was “eluding police” and he considered it a “high-risk traffic stop,” according to a report he submitted afterward and was included in the court filing. The written report acknowledged, however, that the SUV was traveling at a low rate of speed.

Another officer, Joe Gutierrez, was driving by when he heard Crocker’s call, saw him attempting to pull the vehicle over, and decided to join the traffic stop. What happened after that has been disputed by the officers and Nazario.

But the police officers’ own body cam footage — and a cellphone recording made by Nazario — back up the Army lieutenant’s version of events, according to his attorney, Jonathan Arthur of Richmond.

“It’s all right there in the footage,” the attorney said.

More: https://americanmilitarynews.com/2021/04/video-2-police-officers-threatened-and-assaulted-army-officer-during-an-illegal-stop-lawsuit-claims/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_XKe-IK0n0

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
The sad,sad truth is that most of the cops these days are idiots,and that might even be bragging on them.

I went through a similar,but MUCH less threatening thing a few months ago. Had a highway patrolman heading towards me as I entered a 45 MPH speed zone  and slowing down,do a sudden U-Turn and put on his flashers. I figured he got an emergency call and was heading that way,so I paid no attention to it. Then,suddenly,he was right up on my rear bumper.

This was in a 4 lane with no where to pull out of the traffic lane except for people's driveways,so I decided to drive on for maybe another 50 yards to pull off into a shopping center parking lot where we would both be safe from traffic.

He was SERIOUSLY  pissed when he ran up to my car window. I would see a vein throbbing in his forehead,so naturally,I asked him "Why are you stopping me?" He said I was going 66 in a 45. I looked at my speedo when he pulled in behind me,and I was running 62 MPH in a 50 MPH zone,but had just started slowing down.

I thought the stupid SOB was going to try to drag me out of the truck.

And this was maybe 2 PM on a weekday afternoon,with sun in the sky and light traffic.

Then he started screaming at me for not immediately stopping when he pulled in behind me. I told him I didn't want to stop in a traffic lane on a 4 lane highway when there was a whole freaking shopping center parking lot to pull off in just up the road,and since I hadn't tried to speed up to avoid him,I figured he would be smart enough to figure that out.

That seemed to make the little freak even madder. Someone had questioned his "Author-a-tay".

First speeding ticket for me in over 30 years.

Now *I* have an attitude,and if he stops me again it could get ugly.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
All I saw was a person that thought he was above the law and didn't respond to multiple orders and because of it, I hope he spend a few nights in jail.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
All I saw was a person that thought he was above the law and didn't respond to multiple orders and because of it, I hope he spend a few nights in jail.

@Sighlass

You blame him for not responding in a positive way to "stoopid"?

Just WHAT did he do or say that put either one of those cops in danger?

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
How could he be charged with "Abreach of the Peace"?

He sure looked peaceful to me on the video.

And the "Conservator of the Peace" sure didn't look peaceful at all to me.  They should strip him of that title.

2006 Code of Virginia § 18.2-464 - Failure to obey order of conservator of the peace

18.2-464. Failure to obey order of conservator of the peace.

If any person, being required by a conservator of the peace on view of abreach of the peace or other offense to bring before him the offender, refuseor neglect to obey the conservator of the peace, he shall be guilty of aClass 2 misdemeanor; and if the conservator of the peace declare himself orbe known to be such to the person so refusing or neglecting, ignorance of hisoffice shall not be pleaded as an excuse.

(Code 1950, 18.1-302; 1960, c. 358; 1975, cc. 14, 15.)

Offline LegalAmerican

American Military News by Jane Harper - The Virginian Pilot  April 09, 2021

Video: 2 police officers threatened and assaulted Army officer during an illegal stop, lawsuit claims

Caron Nazario was driving his brand new SUV through the town of Windsor last December when he saw a police cruiser signal for him to pull over.

The Army second lieutenant slowed down on U.S. Route 460, flipped on his turn signal, and looked for a lighted place to pull over because it was dark outside, according to a lawsuit filed last week in U.S. District Court in Norfolk.

Less than a mile away, Nazario saw a BP gas station. He drove his Chevrolet Tahoe into the parking area and stopped, the lawsuit said.

In the meantime, Windsor Police Officer Daniel Crocker radioed he was attempting to pull over a vehicle with no rear license plate and tinted windows. He said the driver was “eluding police” and he considered it a “high-risk traffic stop,” according to a report he submitted afterward and was included in the court filing. The written report acknowledged, however, that the SUV was traveling at a low rate of speed.

Another officer, Joe Gutierrez, was driving by when he heard Crocker’s call, saw him attempting to pull the vehicle over, and decided to join the traffic stop. What happened after that has been disputed by the officers and Nazario.

But the police officers’ own body cam footage — and a cellphone recording made by Nazario — back up the Army lieutenant’s version of events, according to his attorney, Jonathan Arthur of Richmond.

“It’s all right there in the footage,” the attorney said.

More: https://americanmilitarynews.com/2021/04/video-2-police-officers-threatened-and-assaulted-army-officer-during-an-illegal-stop-lawsuit-claims/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_XKe-IK0n0

I support police.  How MANY TIMES...does it have to be said to "shut down your vehicle?"  "PUT YOUR HANDS OUT THE WINDOW " .  "GET OUT OF THE CAR."   These guys inside the suspect car are the IDIOTS.  NOT COMPLYING or listening to officers.  Everybody is 'special' now.  These are sociopaths in the car.  'RULES DON'T APPLY TO THEM".  I would throw the book at them.  azzholes.  No license plates.  POLICE DON'T KNOW IF IT IS A STOLEN CAR...OR NOT. 

Watching the video, I wanted to slap the ignorant driver. 

Offline LegalAmerican

Correct.  The driver was in the wrong. SOCIOPATHS...don't think rules apply to,  themselves.   

Offline skeeter

If two cops are pointing their weapons at me and screaming at me to put my hands out the window, and telling me to get out the car (which would require I reach down and release my seatbelt) at the same time I'd do exactly what this guy did - keep my hands out the window.

I'm reminded of that poor guy at a Cosco down in Vegas a few years back who, when told to show his hands and drop his (legal) handgun at the same time, chose wrongly and suffered two magazines full of 15 rounds ea for his trouble.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2021, 10:18:40 pm by skeeter »

Offline LegalAmerican

@Sighlass

You blame him for not responding in a positive way to "stoopid"?

Just WHAT did he do or say that put either one of those cops in danger?

Totally in the wrong.  The police don't know, WHO is behind the wheel.  Could be a stolen car, with some desperate person at the wheel.  WHY, WHY, WHY...did he not comply with multiple requests?  POLICE ARE NOT MIND READERS, as some of you want them to be.  Many cases, a policeman walks up to a car and the PERP KILLS THEM. 

The driver in the car was not listening to orders!  THEY..DON'T...KNOW....YOU!   ANY OF YOU. 

Offline LegalAmerican

If two cops are pointing their weapons at me and screaming at me to put my hands out the window, and telling me to get out the car (which would require I reach down and release my seatbelt) at the same time I'd do exactly what this guy did - keep my hands out the window.

I'm reminded of that poor guy at a Cosco down in Vegas a few years back who, when told to show his hands and drop his (legal) handgun at the same time, chose wrongly and suffered two full 15 rounds for his trouble.

This is where communication comes into play.  The DRIVER WAS NOT COMPLYING AND STRETCHING THINGS OUT...
why?  Then say," my seatbelt is on" ..

I know the Vegas story and that Costco.  I lived there for 46 years. That was a wrongful death. 

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Just curious. Did you come from a "Police State"?

Offline LegalAmerican

The "special ignorant driver," slapped away the policeman's hand!  Oh my gosh!  Yes, he thinks he is SPECIAL.  He says it! 

SOCIOPATH...

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Aren't you Special too?

I like to think that we are All Special in our Own Ways.

Offline LegalAmerican

Aren't you Special too?

I like to think that we are All Special in our Own Ways.

Are you talking to me?   THE HEADLINE IS WRONG AND BACKWARDS.

Army private is smart mouth, foul mouthed, and does not comply with police request.

I am a law abiding citizen.  That young man needs a smack up side his head!  NO ILLEGAL STOP.  Didn't it say no license plates?  Could have been a stolen car.  I have common sense, so I guess you could call me, special in this day and age. 

The driver of this car is so OUT OF LINE.... Shows his SOCIOPATHNESS BY DOING A FRIVOLOUS LAWSUIT. 

IN THE END TIMES...good will be called bad and bad will be good.  HERE IT IS, IN VIDEO. 

Offline LegalAmerican

In the meantime, Windsor Police Officer Daniel Crocker radioed he was attempting to pull over a vehicle with no rear license plate and tinted windows. He said the driver was “eluding police” and he cons= ARTICLE.

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Totally in the wrong.  The police don't know, WHO is behind the wheel.  Could be a stolen car, with some desperate person at the wheel.  WHY, WHY, WHY...did he not comply with multiple requests?  POLICE ARE NOT MIND READERS, as some of you want them to be.  Many cases, a policeman walks up to a car and the PERP KILLS THEM. 

The driver in the car was not listening to orders!  THEY..DON'T...KNOW....YOU!   ANY OF YOU.

@LegalAmerican

This is America. The police are NOT our masters,and they have no right to threaten citizens who are not making overt threats to them.

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
In the meantime, Windsor Police Officer Daniel Crocker radioed he was attempting to pull over a vehicle with no rear license plate and tinted windows. He said the driver was “eluding police” and he cons= ARTICLE.

@LegalAmerican

He should be arrested for filing a fraudulent police report.

Offline LegalAmerican

@LegalAmerican

This is America. The police are NOT our masters,and they have no right to threaten citizens who are not making overt threats to them.

They saw a car with NO LICENSE PLATES and tinted windows, which was against the law too, as one cannot SEE, who is in the car.  Police, DO NOT KNOW ANYONE IN A CAR.  No tags to even run.  They saw a vehicle, no tags, NOT COMPLYING by their behaviors.  Then resisting every step of the way.  The young man was totally in the wrong, disrespectful and not law abiding.  THE VIDEO SHOWS THAT.  Any problem, all on that driver.  The police showed all kind of restraint.  Most would have blown the IDIOT way.  The idiot at one point, he even SLAPS AWAY, THE POLICEMAN'S HAND.  THE NERVE! Then the cussing.  Can you imagine having to deal with this insanity....everyday?  EVERY DAY?  SEVERAL TIMES A DAY?  Like this driver who is in the wrong?  The TITLE OF THIS THREAD IS ALL WRONG TOO.

ZERO ILLEGAL STOP.
POLICE JUST DOING THEIR JOB. NO THREAT.
DRIVER PUNK ASSAULTED A POLICE MAN BY SLAPPING POLICEMAN HAND. 
SOCIOPATH IS LYING, AS IS THE ARTICLE.

Offline LegalAmerican

@LegalAmerican

He should be arrested for filing a fraudulent police report.

1,000% disagree.   Driver had,  NO LICENSE PLATE AND TINTED WINDOWS. BOTH AGAINST THE LAW.  These policemen showed great restraint with an azzhole driver. Resisted at every turn. 

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Virginia governor orders investigation of Caron Nazario police traffic stop

The Guardian 4/11/2021

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/apr/11/virginia-governor-ralph-northam-disturbed-angered-caron-nazario-traffic-stop-police-officers-lawsuit

The governor of Virginia, Ralph Northam, said on Sunday he was “disturbed and angered” by an incident in which an army lieutenant was threatened, knocked down and pepper-sprayed by two police officers during a traffic stop.

The Democrat said he had directed state police to investigate, and that he had invited Lt Caron Nazario to meet him soon.

Nazario had his hands up, the suit says, and offered no resistance but was pepper-sprayed, knocked to the ground and detained. Ultimately the police chief arrived at the scene and Nazario was released without charge, the suit says.

After the altercation, the suit says Officer Gutierrez said he understood why Nazario looked for a lighted place to pull over, saying: “I get it, the media spewing race relations between law enforcement and minorities. I get it.”

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Army Officer Suing 2 Virginia Police Officers After Violent Traffic Stop Footage Goes Viral

People By Nicholas Rice April 11, 2021

https://people.com/crime/army-officer-suing-virginia-police-officers-violent-traffic-stop/

Lt. Caron Nazario is seeking $1 million in compensatory damages

After being pepper-sprayed, and with his eyes closed, Nazario was brought to the ground of the gas station and handcuffed. "Why am I being treated like this? Why?" Nazario asks, to which one of the officers replies, "Because you're not cooperating."

Nazario's lawsuit, which was filed in US District Court, claims unlawful seizure, excessive force, illegal search, violating his First Amendment right to free speech, and common law assault, battery and false imprisonment, according to CNN.

"These cameras captured footage of behavior consistent with a disgusting nationwide trend of law enforcement officers, who, believing they can operate with complete impunity, engage in unprofessional, discourteous, racially biased, dangerous, and sometimes deadly abuses of authority, (including issuing unreasonable comply-or-die commands,) ignore the clearly established mandates of the Constitution of these United States and the state and local laws, and usurp the roles of legislator, judge, jury, and executioner; substituting the rule of law for their arbitrary and illegal conduct," the complaint said.

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
They saw a car with NO LICENSE PLATES and tinted windows, which was against the law too, as one cannot SEE, who is in the car.

@LegalAmerican

The car DID have a temporary license tag taped inside the rear window,as required by law. The cop either just didn't see it,or saw there was no plate on the rear bumper and jumped to the wrong conclusion.

As for the tinted glass,it was a brand new automobile with FACTORY TINTED WINDOWS.

Police, DO NOT KNOW ANYONE IN A CAR.  No tags to even run.

Once again,they were there,and he just didn't see them. Probably the fact that it was after dark had a role to play in that,but I am just guessing.

They saw a vehicle, no tags, NOT COMPLYING by their behaviors.  Then resisting every step of the way.

HORSEHILLARY! Where the hell are you from,anyway? 1930's Germany?

He (btw,there was no "they") did NOT "resist" their "Autho-ri-TAY" in any way. Since it was dark,he decided to pull off the road and stop at a lighted gas station just ahead. I would have done the same thing,and did just that a short while ago.

Just because the cops are stupid enough to stop in the middle of the road and possibly cause an accident,that doesn't mean you have to be that stupid.

The young man was totally in the wrong, disrespectful and not law abiding. 

Well,I guess we should just insist he be backed against a wall and shot,right?

BTW,once again WHAT laws did he break?

THE VIDEO SHOeWS THAT.  Any problem, all on that driver.  The police showed all kind of restraint.  Most would have blown the IDIOT way.  The idiot at one point, he even SLAPS AWAY, THE POLICEMAN'S HAND.  THE NERVE! Then the cussing.  Can you imagine having to deal with this insanity....everyday?  EVERY DAY?  SEVERAL TIMES A DAY?  Like this driver who is in the wrong?  The TITLE OF THIS THREAD IS ALL WRONG TOO.

Are you on drugs? Seriously.

ZERO ILLEGAL STOP.
POLICE JUST DOING THEIR JOB. NO THREAT.
DRIVER PUNK ASSAULTED A POLICE MAN BY SLAPPING POLICEMAN HAND. 
SOCIOPATH IS LYING, AS IS THE ARTICLE.

I have never said this to any immigrant to the US before,but you  should have remained where you were before you came here. You and America are just NOT a "good fit".

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Virginia officer accused of force in stop of Black Army officer fired

Fox News 4/12/2021

https://www.foxnews.com/us/officer-accused-of-force-in-stop-of-black-army-officer-fired

One of two police officers accused of pepper-spraying and pointing their guns at a Black Army officer during a traffic stop has since been fired, a Virginia town announced late Sunday, hours after the governor called for an independent investigation into the case.

The town of Windsor said in a statement that it joined calls from election officials, including Gov. Ralph Northam, in requesting an investigation by Virginia State Police into the December 2020 encounter in which two Windsor officers were accused of drawing their guns, pointing them at U.S. Army second lieutenant Caron Nazario and using a slang term to suggest he was facing execution.

"The Town of Windsor prides itself in its small-town charm and the community-wide respect of its Police Department," the statement said. "Due to this, we are saddened for events like this to cast our community in a negative light. Rather than deflect criticism, we have addressed these matters with our personnel administratively, we are reaching out to community stakeholders to engage in dialogue, and commit ourselves to additional discussions in the future."

Online mountaineer

Some other viewpoints:
Greg Kelly
@gregkellyusa
One more little “tidbit” —the Bad Lieutenant Nazario had a loaded GUN on the floor of the car.  In the front seat. By his Leg. Something the CORRUPT folks in the Media won’t say for some “reason”
7:57 PM · Apr 11, 2021

Greg Kelly
@gregkellyusa
ANY COP would want to know if BAD LT NAZARIO had a gun in his car. Slow speed chase 1.5 miles, improper NON DISPLAY of his License plate. DOESN’T COMPLY w/orders. Cop is Latino:  (Goes against “race” narrative) NONE OF IT in FAKE NEWS ‘report.
10:40 PM · Apr 11, 2021

John Cardillo
@johncardillo
This story is falling apart at light speed.
Nazario refused to stop for over a mile, had no visible rear tag, was 100% non compliant when he did stop, and had a gun in plain view.
Cops would have been nuts NOT TO treat this as a felony stop.
7:56 AM · Apr 12, 2021·
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline verga

Officer Tatum presents his opinion. He says that the Lieutenant was wrong.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgBMnJyOiT0
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.