Author Topic: Cruz on Boehner: 'I wear with pride his drunken, bloviated scorn'  (Read 292 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Cruz on Boehner: 'I wear with pride his drunken, bloviated scorn'
By Celine Castronuovo - 04/09/21 02:41 PM EDT

Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) on Friday bashed former Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio) for what he called “drunken, bloviated scorn” in the latest tit for tat between the two GOP figures.

Cruz in a tweet responded to a clip from a “CBS Sunday Morning” interview scheduled to air this weekend in which Boehner said of Cruz, “I don’t beat anybody up, it’s not really my style, except for that jerk.”

“Perfect symbol, you know, of getting elected, making a lot of noise, draw a lot of attention to yourself, raise a lot of money, which means you’re gonna go make more noise, raise more money,” Boehner said in the interview.

“It’s really, it’s unfortunate,” he added to CBS’s John Dickerson.

Cruz shared the clip, writing, “The Swamp is unhappy. I wear with pride his drunken, bloviated scorn.”

“Please don’t cry,” the Texas senator added, referencing multiple instances from Boehner’s tenure in which the former Speaker became emotional in public.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/547406-cruz-on-boehner-i-wear-with-pride-his-drunken-bloviated-scorn
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Sled Dog

• The Ultimate Weapon: Freedom - I Won't
Re: Cruz on Boehner: 'I wear with pride his drunken, bloviated scorn'
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2021, 11:26:00 pm »
Cruz learned the best lesson Trump had to teach.

When the enemy strikes out at you, strike back twice as hard and don't miss.
The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2021, 11:48:16 pm »
Good for Cruz.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2021, 12:02:50 am »
Cruz shared the clip, writing, “The Swamp is unhappy. I wear with pride his drunken, bloviated scorn.”

I'm glad he fired back at him.   

We don't have many conservatives left that the swamp hasn't gotten rid of.  Hoping that he's able to retain his seat. He's in a tough position with not a whole lot of people in Congress on his side.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Sled Dog

• The Ultimate Weapon: Freedom - I Won't
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2021, 12:12:10 am »

I'm glad he fired back at him.   

We don't have many conservatives left that the swamp hasn't gotten rid of.  Hoping that he's able to retain his seat. He's in a tough position with not a whole lot of people in Congress on his side.

I'm sure if he's still around that McConnell will happily finance a primary challenger to Cruz, if Cruz decides to remain a Senator and not try another run for the White House.
The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.