Author Topic: Exclusive – Rep. Burgess Owens: Democrats Shutting Their Eyes to Unaccompanied Migrant Children Issu  (Read 177 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Exclusive – Rep. Burgess Owens: Democrats Shutting Their Eyes to Unaccompanied Migrant Children Issue

Ashley Oliver 9 Apr 2021

McALLEN, Texas — Rep. Burgess Owens (R-UT) finds the Democrat Party is failing to acknowledge the issue of unaccompanied alien children (UACs) crossing the U.S.-Mexico border, he told Breitbart News in an interview Wednesday during his two-day trip to Texas.

Owens, a newly elected congressman and member of the House Judiciary Committee, visited McAllen with a congressional delegation of several other Judiciary Committee members to tour border facilities and meet with officials within the Rio Grande Valley:

Roundtable event in McAllen, Texas, April 7, 2021. (Ashley Oliver/Breitbart News)

During both the interview and a roundtable with his colleagues and Texas officials just prior to the interview, Owens became tearful as he spoke about a seven-year-old he encountered at a federal facility in Donna that temporarily holds mainly UACs. While a UAC is defined as anyone under 18 years old who has crossed the border illegally without a parent or guardian, and many of the UACs are teenagers, Owens was particularly moved after he observed a group of UACs who were girls ages three to seven.

Owens said the children were “sitting there, looking up, sitting on the floor.” He explained, “And I recognize, I think about my grandkids the same ages. They have no idea what the next steps are. They don’t know where their moms and dads are,” adding, as he became choked up, “I think about this young girl, seven years old, slightly autistic, and she could not communicate, but for the 15 or 20 minutes we were there talking with everyone else, she just had tears in her eyes the entire time.”

more
https://www.breitbart.com/immigration/2021/04/09/rep-burgess-owens-democrats-shutting-eyes-unaccompanied-migrant-children-issue/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34