Author Topic: GOP lawmakers block Biden assistance to Palestinians  (Read 238 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
GOP lawmakers block Biden assistance to Palestinians
« on: April 09, 2021, 07:18:24 pm »
GOP lawmakers block Biden assistance to Palestinians
By Laura Kelly - 04/09/21 03:08 PM EDT

Top Republicans with oversight on foreign affairs are blocking the Biden administration from sending specific aid to the Palestinians, two congressional sources confirmed to The Hill on Friday.

The move represents an effort to carry on the hard-line policy of the former Trump administration which eliminated all funding for Palestinians.

Senator James Risch (R-Idaho) and Rep. Michael McCaul (R-Texas), the ranking members of their respective committees on foreign affairs, issued an "info hold" on $75 million in economic and development assistance, according to one of the congressional sources.

The funding is part of an estimated $235 million in total assistance to the Palestinians that was announced earlier this week by the Biden administration.

The move by Risch and McCaul is expected to delay delivery of the money, but a congressional aide didn’t expect it to have a lasting impact.

The decision was first reported by The Jerusalem Post.

more
https://thehill.com/policy/international/547417-gop-lawmakers-block-biden-assistance-to-palestinians
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Killer Clouds

Re: GOP lawmakers block Biden assistance to Palestinians
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2021, 08:57:09 pm »
Can anyone point out Palestine on a map? There is no Palestine.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2021, 09:17:35 pm »
Can anyone point out Palestine on a map? There is no Palestine.

That is only because of whitey and or Orange bad man.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Sled Dog

• The Ultimate Weapon: Freedom - I Won't
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2021, 09:53:51 pm »
All foreign aid should stop until those nations can get on their own feet and help themselves.

And if they're standing on their own feet, they won't need foreign aid.

Just say no to foreign aid.   
The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.