Author Topic: Millions of Britons may be banned from selling their home if they don’t meet Net Zero rules  (Read 193 times)

rangerrebew

Millions of Britons may be banned from selling their home if they don’t meet Net Zero rules

Date: 08/04/21
    Ross Clark, Daily Mail

19 million homeowners will have to cover Net Zero re-modification costs of up to £18,000 — after ministers scrapped green grant schemes.

Thirty-one years ago this week, Margaret Thatcher im-posed the poll tax on England, putting huge financial pressure on blameless low-income households.

But the fallout from that policy earthquake could prove modest compared with the hammering the current Government seems determined to inflict on homeowners as part of its zealous commitment to reach ‘net-zero’ carbon emissions by 2050.

https://www.thegwpf.com/millions-of-britons-may-be-banned-from-selling-their-home-if-they-dont-meet-net-zero-rules/

rangerrebew

Pay attention Americans!   I'll assure you the democrats have noticed this. :thud:

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
ranger wrote:
"Pay attention Americans!   I'll assure you the democrats have noticed this"

Of course they have.

My house would become impossible to sell. It still has 60amp service with fuses and knob-and-tube wiring from around 1911. Not worth it to me to try to fix it, the entire inside of the house would have to be torn apart and reconstructed.

Can't be sold "as a single family home", because no one would be able to get insurance for it (due to the fuses and old wiring) -- unless they rebuilt it.

It is marketable as a 2-family conversion, which would require rebuilding anyway. But here, smaller houses are expanded onto until they're transformed into 3 or 4 unit apartment houses (full of illegals).

Other than that, guess I'll have to call the "we buy houses" guys...