Author Topic: Prince Philip, Queen Elizabeth’s Husband And Duke Of Edinburgh, Dies At 99  (Read 6562 times)

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
From today @Gefn

Thank you @Right_in_Virginia

She looks devastated.  I almost didn’t recognize her
« Last Edit: April 10, 2021, 10:03:32 pm by Gefn »
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Prince Harry, Philip’s grandson who stepped away from royal duties last year and now lives in California, will attend the service along with other members of the royal family.

Man, I hate that Harry's singled out in this article and everyone else, including the heir to the throne, is thrown into the "along with other members of the royal family" category.

I hope they sit Harry in the nosebleed section.

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
Man, I hate that Harry's singled out in this article and everyone else, including the heir to the throne, is thrown into the "along with other members of the royal family" category.

The PM isn’t going to the funeral

Thank you @Right_in_Virginia

She looks devastated.  I almost didn’t recognize her

I thought she looked peaceful.  Tired, yes, but okay.  I'm wondering if she and Charles were walking and sharing old stories ....

@Gefn

The PM isn’t going to the funeral

They must not be holding a state funeral? ... Because the PM not attending is odd otherwise.

This is wonderful story ....  happy77
@Gefn

Date with destiny: Princess Elizabeth, 13, catches her first glimpse of dashing young naval cadet Philip in July 1939... and she'd never look at another man again
Daily Mail/UK, Apr 10, 2021

Poor darlings, they have never had any fun yet,’ King George VI wrote in his diary shortly after the end of the war in 1945.

By ‘fun’, the King meant the kind of social life he had enjoyed in the 1920s, the non-stop dancing at lavish private balls or to hear Ambrose and his Orchestra at the Embassy Club in Mayfair.

Things had been very different for his daughters, the Princesses Elizabeth and Margaret, who spent their teenage years in more sombre circumstances, serving the Royal Family and the nation as Britain fought the threat of German occupation.

Perhaps for Elizabeth, this was no great hardship. Unlike her mother, who was the life and soul of parties, and in contrast to her sparkling younger sister, she did not enjoy big social gatherings.

This is the moment a 13-year-old Princess Elizabeth met Prince Philip of Greece, who was a cadet at Dartmouth Royal Naval College in July 1939

At 19, Elizabeth would lie in the bath before dressing for a ball wondering what on earth she was going to talk about. She was not looking for the man of her dreams, after all. She had already found him and – just like her father when he fell for Lady Elizabeth Bowes-Lyon – she would consider no one else.

Elizabeth had just turned 13 when, in July 1939, she had a meeting with destiny in the form of a young naval cadet, Prince Philip of Greece.

She owed this encounter to the Prince’s Uncle Louis, born a Prince of Battenberg in 1900 but renamed Mountbatten and given the courtesy title Lord in 1917.

LOTS more:  https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9457243/Princess-Elizabeth-13-catches-glimpse-dashing-young-naval-cadet.html

He really was quite dashing .... (1946)

Wearing a hat of any kind greatly benefited Phillip, and later his grandson William.   happy77

Engagement photo, 1947

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
They must not be holding a state funeral? ... Because the PM not attending is odd otherwise.

Boris Johnson went on record that he’s giving up his seat so another member of the family could go.

https://nypost.com/2021/04/10/boris-johnson-to-miss-prince-philips-funeral-amid-covid/

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
Wearing a hat of any kind greatly benefited Phillip, and later his grandson William.   happy77

Engagement photo, 1947

Prince William DOES look like his grandfather. I never saw it before.

I recall interviews with the Queen Mum, she really disliked King George VI’s brother who abdicated for Mrs. Simpson. She felt that it foist both her husband and her daughters a “normal” life.

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
I thought she looked peaceful.  Tired, yes, but okay.  I'm wondering if she and Charles were walking and sharing old stories ....

@Gefn

She’s in my thoughts. I can’t imagine England without her

A look back on the remarkable life of His Royal Highness Prince Philip
Sky News/Australia, Apr 9, 2021

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDO6n2mALzs

Offline libertybele

She’s in my thoughts. I can’t imagine England without her

I agree. Sometimes those that have been married for so long, when one spouse passes, the other soon passes as well.

This is such a tragedy for the Royal family, but how fortunate they are that he lived to 99!!! 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

It would serve him right, but I've read that the Queen wants him to attend.  Harry is a horse's azz, but the family needs to all be together right now and support the Queen and show unity. I am truly glad as most must be in the family that his trashy wife won't be attending.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
What a great romance the two had.  Most people do not get to share such an experience.

And Harry, the fool, has written himself out of this story, and will be tolerated, because the royals are in fact tolerant.

Sometimes the truth is an ugly thing.  Harry, who is NOT in line of succession any longer, is the odd fool out, and it is the stinking corrupt media that drag his name into it all.  Like someone said, he should be given a seat in the cheap seats, but he will be near the family.  And in regard to Merkel, there is NOTHING about her that puts her in league with the royals.  They are way out of her working class league.  The interview with Oprah was their permanent undoing.  They are persona non gratia.

Online Lando Lincoln

And Harry, the fool... 

Prince Philip was everything Harry is not.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline libertybele

Prince Philip was everything Harry is not.

Harry has issues.  I have read that he resented being a 'prince' and the expected duties and the persona that surrounded his royalty.

So, he found someone to 'escape'  from his family with, but for her and him to turn on the family was cold and ungracious.

Offline libertybele

Prince Philip's son, Prince Andrew, speaks out about his death, says Queen Elizabeth II left with 'huge void'

Queen Elizabeth II has been left with a "huge void" in her life in the wake of the death of her husband, Prince Philip, according to their son, Prince Andrew.

Andrew, the third of the couple’s four children, spoke as well-wishers arrived to leave floral tributes outside the gates of the royal residence in memory of the monarch's late husband. The royal family member attended church at the Royal Chapel of All Saints in Windsor along with other members of the family, two days after the 99-year-old Philip died at Windsor Castle.

Andrew said his mother "described it as having left a huge void in her life."

"We’ve lost, almost, the grandfather of the nation," he said. "And I feel very sorry and supportive of my mother, who’s feeling it probably more than everybody else." ..........

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/prince-philip-prince-andrew-speaks-death-queen-elizabeth-huge-void

Offline PeteS in CA

Markle is faux-fighting faux-racism.

Prince Philip fought real racism (Nazis and the Imperial Japanese) in 3 oceans and a sea when he served in the Royal Navy.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline libertybele

Prince Philip fought real racism (Nazis and the Imperial Japanese) in 3 oceans and a sea when he served in the Royal Navy.

:amen:

Online Lando Lincoln

Harry and Markle are so incredibly small.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline libertybele

List of titles and honours of Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh

Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh (10 June 1921 – 9 April 2021), received numerous titles, decorations and honorary appointments, both before and during his time as consort to Queen Elizabeth II. Each is listed below:

Royal and noble titles and styles

10 June 1921 – 28 February 1947: His Royal Highness Prince Philip of Greece and Denmark
    28 February 1947 – 19 November 1947: Lieutenant Philip Mountbatten
    19 November 1947 – 20 November 1947: Lieutenant His Royal Highness Sir Philip Mountbatten
    20 November 1947 – 22 February 1957: His Royal Highness The Duke of Edinburgh
    22 February 1957 – 9 April 2021: His Royal Highness The Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh[2][3]

-----list continues .... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_titles_and_honours_of_Prince_Philip,_Duke_of_Edinburgh

Offline libertybele

Prince William skips BAFTA ceremony following Prince Philip’s death

Prince William was absent from the 74th annual British Academy Film Awards following the death of his grandfather, Prince Philip.

Variety first confirmed William’s departure from the award show early Saturday morning, which came a day after Buckingham Palace announced Philip’s passing.

"In light of The Duke of Edinburgh’s passing, The Duke of Cambridge will no longer be part of BAFTA programming this weekend," BAFTA’s statement to Variety reads........

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/prince-william-skips-bafta-ceremony-following-prince-philips-death
« Last Edit: April 11, 2021, 09:16:22 pm by libertybele »

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
EXCLUSIVE: Friends of Meghan Markle say the pregnant duchess remained in Montecito because she 'doesn't want to be the center of attention' at Prince Philip's funeral - but reveal she adored the duke and they had a 'special bond'

Prince Harry flew to London without pregnant wife Meghan Markle to join his family to mourn the death of his grandfather and attend his funeral
    Friends of Meghan tell DailyMail.com that she stayed in California because she 'doesn't want to be the center of attention'
    The friends added that she and Philip 'had a special bond and she adored him'
    It's possible Meghan could fly to the UK to join Harry later, but the insider added that Meghan's mother Doria is 'adamant' that she not travel while pregnant
    'Meghan said this is the opportune time for Henry to mend his relationship with his brother and his dad. She doesn't need to be there for that,' they said
    On Monday Prince Harry gave a light-hearted tribute, saying: 'He was my grandpa: master of the barbecue, legend of banter, and cheeky right 'til the end'

By Kayla Brantley For Dailymail.com

Published: 11:47 EDT, 12 April 2021 | Updated: 11:54 EDT, 12 April 2021

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9462169/Friends-Meghan-say-stayed-doesnt-want-center-attention.html

Sure..whatever Meghan.. *****rollingeyes*****
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
William and Harry pay two very different tributes to Prince Philip: Formal William praises grandfather's kindness to Kate and lifetime of 'service to Queen and country' while Harry remembers him as the 'cheeky legend of banter'

Prince Harry said if Prince Philip was listening to his tribute he would say: 'beer in hand, "Oh do get on with it!"
    His statement was separate from his brother William, who released a new picture of Philip with his son George
    William's tribute was far more stoic and focused on the need to support the Queen and continue his work
    Duke of Sussex was spotted at London Heathrow Airport on Sunday at 1.15pm without Meghan Markle
    Meghan reportedly wanted to join Harry for Philip's funeral but was discouraged by her physician   
    Philip died peacefully in his sleep at Windsor Castle on Friday, two months before his 100th birthday

By Martin Robinson, Chief Reporter For Mailonline

Published: 09:05 EDT, 12 April 2021 | Updated: 12:00 EDT, 12 April 2021

Prince William today praised his grandfather Prince Philip's lifetime of service to 'Queen, country and Commonwealth' before his brother Prince Harry gave a bold and contrasting tribute, declaring: 'He was my grandpa: master of the barbecue, legend of banter, and cheeky right 'til the end'.

The Duke of Sussex spoke out about the Duke of Edinburgh's death hours after landing at Heathrow without his pregnant wife Meghan Markle ahead of Saturday's funeral on his first visit to Britain since the couple's bombshell Oprah interview.

At a time when the relationship between the brothers is strained, William released his official memorial via Buckingham Palace but Harry used the Archewell charity he set up with his wife Meghan in California 30 minutes later.

Harry said: 'My grandfather was a man of service, honour and great humour. He was authentically himself, with a seriously sharp wit, and could hold the attention of any room due to his charm-and also because you never knew what he might say next. He has been a rock for Her Majesty The Queen with unparalleled devotion, by her side for 73 years of marriage, and while I could go on, I know that right now he would say to all of us, beer in hand, "Oh do get on with it!".'

And as it was revealed Harry is unlikely to wear an Army uniform at his grandfather's funeral in Windsor after being stripped of his military roles by the Queen, he ended by quoting the motto of the Royal Marines.

Harry's statement has been seen as a return to his cheeky prince persona of the past, at a time where critics have accused him of following his wife Meghan Markle's 'woke' ways since they married in 2017.

He is staying at Frogmore Cottage, the couple's former home in the grounds of Windsor Castle. They spent £2.4m of taxpayers' money refurbing it but then gave it back after emigrating to the US.

Prince William's significantly more sombre tribute said he would miss his 'extraordinary' and 'mischievous' grandfather whose 99-year life was 'defined by service'. He focused on duty, continuing Philip's work and the need to support the Queen - at a time when his brother quit as a frontline royal and emigrated to the United States.

The Duke of Cambridge also released a new photograph, taken by his wife Kate, of a then two-year-old Prince George with his great-grandfather in one of his beloved carriages on the Sandringham Estate in Norfolk in 2015. 

Harry's return to the UK ahead of Saturday's funeral will be the first opportunity to reunite with Prince William and his father Prince Charles, who is said to be 'looking forward' to a reunion with his son. It came as:   

The Queen will not delay returning to work after her husband's funeral and plans to attend the state opening of Parliament on May 11, MailOnline can reveal today;
    Royal Family have called a truce over Harry and Meghan's Oprah interview to focus on mourning Philip. Funeral being seen as the best chance for Duke of Sussex to end feud with his brother and father';
    Prince Philip thought Harry and Meghan's interview with Oprah Winfrey was 'madness' and 'no good would come of it', friend Gyles Brandreth said;
    Earlier today, Boris Johnson hailed the 'unfailing dedication' of the Duke of Edinburgh to the country and the Commonwealth.

more
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9462059/Prince-William-pays-tribute-Philip-moving-statement-mischievous-sense-humour.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34