Author Topic: WashPo: The GOP can’t be saved. Center-right voters need to become Biden Republicans..Max Boot  (Read 270 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Opinion by
Max Boot
Columnist
April 7, 2021 at 9:56 a.m. CDT

Rep. Adam Kinzinger (R-Ill.), one of only 10 House Republicans who voted to impeach then-President Donald Trump this year, recently told the Atlantic why he remains committed to the party: “I’m a Republican because I’ve been a Republican far longer than Donald Trump has. He’s a Republican usurper.… I’m not going to let him take the party. So I will fight. I will fight like hell.”

I admire Kinzinger’s fighting spirit. I once shared it. I recall saying something very similar in 2016 when Trump was marching through the Republican primaries: It’s my party, and I won’t leave it. My hope was that a decisive win for Hillary Clinton would bring the GOP to its senses. That obviously did not happen, so the day after the 2016 election, I re-registered as an independent after a lifetime as a Republican.

It is a decision I have not for a moment regretted, because the GOP has become even more of a horror show than I anticipated. As former House speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio) notes in a new memoir, the “crazies” have taken over. There are vanishingly few John McCain-style Republicans left; Kinzinger (a lieutenant colonel in the Air National Guard) is one of the few. The party’s center of gravity has shifted to kooks such as Georgia Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (who blamed Jewish space lasers for wildfires) and low-rent hucksters such as Florida Rep. Matt Gaetz (who reportedly shared nude photos of his sexual conquests with his colleagues and is under investigation for possible sex trafficking).

Most Republicans don’t care that Trump locked up children, cozied up to white supremacists, tear-gassed peaceful protesters, benefited from Russian help in both of his campaigns, egregiously mishandled the pandemic, incited a violent attack on the Capitol and even faced fraud complaints from his own donors. A new Reuters-Ipsos poll finds that 81 percent of Republicans have a favorable impression of Trump. Wait. It gets worse: 60 percent say the 2020 election was stolen from him, only 28 percent say he is even partly to blame for the Capitol insurrection, and 55 percent say that the Capitol attack “was led by violent left-wing protestors trying to make Trump look bad.”

more
https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2021/04/07/gop-cant-be-saved-center-right-voters-need-become-biden-republicans/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline PeteS in CA

As I posted in in Conservative Cave, never follow the advice of people who hate you and wish you ill. The WashPost hates Rs and wishes Rs ill. Any Rs who follow WashPost advice are fools.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Sled Dog

• The Ultimate Weapon: Freedom - I Won't
But pay attention to those people who hate you.

They may need special attention later on.
The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.

Offline libertybele

Biden Republican?? What does that even mean?  Accept everything Biden does?  Vote liberal?

Not happening. I'm no longer a registered Republican, but there is no way I can accept Sloe Joe's policies, nor would I ever vote liberal.

...hmm.... rule #1  Fix the ballot box. Otherwise, nothing really matters.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

As I posted in in Conservative Cave, never follow the advice of people who hate you and wish you ill. The WashPost hates Rs and wishes Rs ill. Any Rs who follow WashPost advice are fools.

:thumbsup:  QFT

Yes, the WAPO hates us, but not nearly as much as the author of this smut, Max Boot.  Remember that name.

« Last Edit: April 09, 2021, 01:06:06 am by Right_in_Virginia »

Biden Republican?? What does that even mean? 

He wants MAGA left to the GOP and the rest to move to the Democrats, which he's always been.

FTA:

Biden is governing from the “new center,” while Republicans are increasingly catering to the far right with shrill, divisive rhetoric and antidemocratic actions such as bills to restrict voting. Under those circumstances, those of us on the center-right can’t afford a third-party flirtation. We need to become Biden Republicans.

« Last Edit: April 09, 2021, 01:16:31 am by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline skeeter

Biden Republican?? What does that even mean?  Accept everything Biden does?  Vote liberal?

Not happening. I'm no longer a registered Republican, but there is no way I can accept Sloe Joe's policies, nor would I ever vote liberal.

...hmm.... rule #1  Fix the ballot box. Otherwise, nothing really matters.
"Center-right" lol. Max Boot is a political schizophrenic who spends his days finger painting with his own poop. Metaphorically speaking.

"Center-right" lol. Max Boot is a political schizophrenic who spends his days finger painting with his own poop. Metaphorically speaking.

888high58888

BassWrangler

Yeah, he's about as center right as Stalin.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
(running around screaming at the top of their lungs) "Oh,lawdy,lawdy! Da ebil Bad Orange Man is a-coming back! Save us!"
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!