Author Topic: Trump calls on Ron Johnson to run for reelection  (Read 238 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump calls on Ron Johnson to run for reelection
« on: April 08, 2021, 07:38:13 pm »
Trump calls on Ron Johnson to run for reelection
By Tal Axelrod - 04/08/21 01:43 PM EDT

Former President Trump called on Sen. Ron Johnson (R-Wis.) to run for reelection as he mulls running for a third term.

Johnson has yet to declare if he’ll run again next year in one of the country’s marquee Senate races given his previous pledge to only serve two terms. Trump said Johnson, a top Senate ally of his, would have his “Complete and Total Endorsement” should he mount a campaign.

“He is brave, he is bold, he loves our Country, our Military, and our Vets.  He will protect our Second Amendment, and everything else we stand for.  It is the kind of courage we need in the U.S. Senate.  He has no idea how popular he is,” Trump said in a statement Thursday. “Run, Ron, Run!”

Trump’s urging comes as Johnson publicly says he’s undecided on whether he will run next year. The Wisconsin Republican said in March that retiring after the end of his second term is “probably my preference now.”

"That pledge is on my mind. It was my preference then; I would say it’s probably my preference now," Johnson said, referring to his earlier two-term vow. “I’m happy to go home.”

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/547175-trump-calls-on-ron-johnson-to-run-for-reelection
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34