Author Topic: ABC tells 100% renewable Canberrans that electricity prices are rising $300 “because they are fallin  (Read 194 times)

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
JoNova 4/8/2021

ABC tells 100% renewable Canberrans that electricity prices are rising $300 “because they are falling”

It’s hard to find a more daft example of Pravda-style Public Broadcasting

ABC journalist Markus Mannheim was given the task of making Canberrans feel good about having to pay nearly $300 more for their electricity this year. He also had to hide that the rise is all due to renewable energy. Canberra has now gone “100% Renewable” so there is no other energy to blame. Thus, he’s created an article which actually says that prices are falling which is why they are rising.

Like all good Pravda pieces, higher prices were “always expected” and the only graph he shows is not of Canberra and not about retail prices. Graphs are just eye candy anyhow.

The ABC journalists are apparently being trained to write in the genre of top level teenage girlie-gossip magazines. This is how a precocious, fifteen year old girl would explain electricity pricing to her 12-year-old Youtube fan-club:

Electricity prices are falling. So why are Canberrans’ household power bills about to rise?

EvoEnergy says its charges need to go up because electricity prices are going down.

If that sounds confusing to you, you’re not alone — the workings of Australia’s electricity markets are complicated.

Let’s go through what has happened and explain why.

Yes let’s!

Canberra’s entire electricity use is bought from renewable suppliers, such as wind, solar and hydro-power stations.

To ensure this, the ACT government has contracts with generators across the country, including the massive Hornsdale Wind Farm in South Australia.

However, to lock in that supply and to help fund the construction of those generators, the government needed to offer them an attractive, fixed price for their electricity.

Now you tell us? Weren’t renewables meant to be cheaper — not “always expected”  to be more expensive. And isn’t $5.50 a week, just a way to hide that it’s “nearly $300 a year?”

Energy Minister Shane Rattenbury says those contract prices were always expected to be slightly above the market price — a difference of about $5.50 a week per household.

Can anyone else hear a used car salesman knocking?

This is the expected, direct cost to Canberrans of living in a city with 100 per cent renewable electricity.

More: https://joannenova.com.au/2021/04/abc-tells-100-renewable-canberrans-that-electricity-prices-are-rising-300-because-they-are-falling/

Offline LMAO

Lol

I actually voted for the 87 billion before I voted against it
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy