Author Topic: UNITED AIRLINES PLANS TO USE RACE AND GENDER-BASED QUOTAS TO SELECT PILOTS  (Read 651 times)

Offline PeteS in CA

UNITED AIRLINES PLANS TO USE RACE AND GENDER-BASED QUOTAS TO SELECT PILOTS

https://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2021/04/united-airlines-plans-to-use-race-and-gender-based-quotas-to-select-pilots.php

United Airlines has announced a new policy regarding the hiring of pilots. The company states:

Over the next decade, United will train 5,000 pilots who will be guaranteed a job with United, after they complete the requirements of the Aviate program – and our plan is for half of them to be women and people of color.

What if that “plan” is inconsistent with selecting the best qualified candidates for guaranteed jobs? If the airline then gives up or modifies its plan, as it should, there is no problem.

But if the company rejects best-qualified white male candidates in adherence to its plan, it will be vulnerable to claims of race and/or sex discrimination. In addition, it will lower the quality of its pilot force — hardly a trivial matter considering the responsibilities of an airline pilot.

I want the pilots flying the planes I'm on to be excellent pilots, and I don't give a @#$% whether they are black, white, or pea-green. That should be how all airlives choose their pilots.

I want UAL upper manglement people to enjoy the uncertainty experience of their lives being dependent on affirmative-action cardiologists and neurosurgeons!
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
This may come back to bite them one day, but I don't care.
I won't be flying any more.
United... or any other airline.
Last time I was on a big jet was... 1984.

Offline LMAO

Race and gender or religion for the left. The average apolitical person out there does not realize how very much race and gender motivates the far left.  Whereas most people look at merit and competency and ability, the left only sees race and gender. And they see it above anything else.

I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline LegalAmerican

Race and gender or religion for the left. The average apolitical person out there does not realize how very much race and gender motivates the far left.  Whereas most people look at merit and competency and ability, the left only sees race and gender. And they see it above anything else.

True and excellent comment.   :thumbsup:

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Affirmative action applied to somepne with skills who are controlling your destiny at 35,000 feet.

Nothing could go wrong with that.....   888mouth
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline skeeter

This makes the decision of which airline to fly alot easier.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
United Airlines goes there: vows affirmative action for pilots
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2021, 01:52:02 pm »
April 8, 2021
United Airlines goes there: vows affirmative action for pilots
By Thomas Lifson

Airline pilot is one of those jobs, along with brain surgeon, that used to be used as an example of the type of position for which affirmative action was obviously unsuited. Who wants to board an aircraft or go under the knife with someone in charge chosen for factors other than ability? Lives are at stake, after all.  Anything less than the absolute best should be unacceptable.

Yet, in this age of identity politics madness, United Airlines proudly proclaimed its intention to choose half of its pilot training recruits based on skin color and X-chromosomes:

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2021/04/united_airlines_goes_there_vows_affirmative_action_for_pilots.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: United Airlines goes there: vows affirmative action for pilots
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2021, 01:53:16 pm »
‘Only Diseased People Think Like This’: Tucker Carlson Lays Into United Airlines ‘Equity’ Policy

https://rumble.com/embed/vcuprl/?pub=4

https://dailycaller.com/2021/04/07/diseased-people-tucker-carlson-united-airlines-equity-policy/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2021, 02:10:58 pm »
Doesn't EVERYONE dream of flying in airplanes piloted by AA pilots?

I know I do.

I am also shopping around for an AA heart surgeon.

BTW,it struck me as ironic after I posted this that my actual heart surgeon IS a black man,and I sought him out after asking around for a heart doc people would recommend. He is about 80 years old,and still sharper than most of the 40 year olds I meet. Hell of a nice guy,too. Seems like at some time someone must have surgically removed the smug "I am the Master of the Universe!" attitude most seem to get when they get that degree in their hands.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2021, 04:20:52 pm by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2021, 02:24:33 pm »
During the millions of miles I flew over my career around the world, I knew I was safest when I heard the captain talking in American or British English or a German accent.

It is the height of stupidity to have affirmative action to replace competency in piloting aircraft.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2021, 02:27:45 pm »
I have read (but cannot confirm the veracity of it) that 13% of United pilots already are "of color," which is nearly the same percentage as blacks in the US. So where's the disparity?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline thackney

« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2021, 02:29:16 pm »
During the millions of miles I flew over my career around the world, I knew I was safest when I heard the captain talking in American or British English or a German accent.

And at the opposite end of that spectrum, when I watched the Yemeni pilots beat part of the cowling back into place on the 707 I was going to board...

The front half of the plane had the seats torn out to use for more cargo space.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline mountaineer

United Airlines passengers at 35,000 ft hearing their pilot was hired for diversity

source:

https://twitter.com/grandoldmemes/status/1379789908668248065
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Nice lawsuit opportunity. All you need to do is to be denied, be white and male, and just point to this publicly announced policy.

Ka-ching!

Offline Sled Dog

• The Ultimate Weapon: Freedom - I Won't
Everyone knows male black athletes dribble better than whites and females.

Why shouldn't they fly airplanes better, too?

The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.

Offline Sled Dog

• The Ultimate Weapon: Freedom - I Won't
Nice lawsuit opportunity. All you need to do is to be denied, be white and male, and just point to this publicly announced policy.

Ka-ching!

Not in today's America.   The courts would rule, as they did with the Baake decision, that it's deplorable to have racial quotas, but that's what the Deplorables deserve.
The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical

Not in today's America.   The courts would rule, as they did with the Baake decision, that it's deplorable to have racial quotas, but that's what the Deplorables deserve.

It's worth a shot. At least the USSC is more favorable these days.

Offline dfwgator

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2021, 04:22:36 pm »

It is the height of stupidity to have affirmative action to replace competency in piloting aircraft.

@IsailedawayfromFR

Meanwhile,most of the pols that suggested and voted for that either live in DC,take trains to where they do live on weekends,or fly in charter aircraft.

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2021, 04:24:03 pm »
I have read (but cannot confirm the veracity of it) that 13% of United pilots already are "of color," which is nearly the same percentage as blacks in the US. So where's the disparity?

@mountaineer

In the minds of the Dims who MUST keep blacks and whites at each other's throats in order to remain in office.

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
United Airlines passengers at 35,000 ft hearing their pilot was hired for diversity

source:

https://twitter.com/grandoldmemes/status/1379789908668248065

@mountaineer

The blonde up front is smiling because she has her dragons trailing along,and they will snatch her right out of the air if there is trouble.

They will then,or course,turn the pilots into Crispy Critters.

Do NOT piss off that little woman!