Author Topic: Biden administration to launch massive funeral assistance program for covid victims  (Read 382 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Biden administration to launch massive funeral assistance program for covid victims

By
Mary Jordan and
Kevin Sullivan
April 6, 2021 at 3:49 p.m. CDT

The Biden administration next week will launch a funeral assistance program that will provide up to $9,000 to cover the burial costs of each American who died of covid-19 — the largest program of its type ever offered by the federal government.

The program is open to families regardless of their income, as long as they show documentation and have not already received similar benefits through another program.

The Federal Emergency Management Agency has reimbursed burial costs before, but it has never offered as large a payment to so many people. In 2017, for example, FEMA paid $2.6 million to 976 people for funeral costs of victims of three hurricanes — an average of $2,664 per applicant.

But the novel coronavirus’s immense toll means a burial assistance program of an unprecedented scale is now being assembled. More than 557,000 Americans have died of covid-19, the disease caused by the novel coronavirus.

more
https://www.washingtonpost.com/national/covid-funerals-assistance/2021/04/06/d7d1db20-9659-11eb-b28d-bfa7bb5cb2a5_story.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline skeeter

They’re really getting creative in their desperation to re-spool the Covid panic.

Sorry, you’ve e lost it guys. It’s gone.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
They’re really getting creative in their desperation to re-spool the Covid panic.

Sorry, you’ve e lost it guys. It’s gone.
Unless they cook the numbers like his vote totals in a few states, it won't have much effect except be a government gimmie for funeral directors and undertakers. I'd just about bet any money will have some clamoring for the diagnosis of COVID, to bolster the numbers, but the Soc Sec death benefit will remain a pittance.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline skeeter

Unless they cook the numbers like his vote totals in a few states, it won't have much effect except be a government gimmie for funeral directors and undertakers. I'd just about bet any money will have some clamoring for the diagnosis of COVID, to bolster the numbers, but the Soc Sec death benefit will remain a pittance.
imo this is all about keeping the Covid front & center, frighten the old ladies & college students.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2021, 03:52:42 pm by skeeter »

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Is there an end day to this give away?  Or is every death in the US going to be recorded as COVID-19 into perpetuity?

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
If the number of COVID deaths currently are the vast majority of COVID deaths in general, what do they intend to do about folks that died from it last year who have already been interred?  If my Pappy was one of them, and I had him cremated for a couple of hundred bucks, would I still get the nine Grand?

This is stupid sitting on a big steaming pile of more stupid.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
They will bury you without firing a shot.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis