Author Topic: Arkansas Governor Goes On 'Tucker Carlson Tonight' After Vetoing SAFE Act. It Was Brutal.  (Read 581 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Arkansas Governor Goes On 'Tucker Carlson Tonight' After Vetoing SAFE Act. It Was Brutal.
Leah Barkoukis

Posted: Apr 07, 2021 7:30 AM

Fox News's Tucker Carlson grilled Arkansas Gov. Asa Hutchinson for vetoing the Save Adolescents From Experimentation Act, which restricts “gender affirming” chemical or surgical treatments for those under the age of 18, regardless of parental consent.

Though Hutchinson did sign recent legislation that protects women’s sports and allows doctors to refuse patients for moral or religious reasons, he criticized the SAFE Act as a "vast government overreach" and "a product of the cultural war in America." He was particularly concerned because it applies to patients currently in the middle of treatment.

Proponents of the legislation challenged the notion that such practices are medical treatments, instead referring to them as "experimentation on children with long-term health effects."

On Tuesday, the Arkansas Republican legislature voted to override Gov. Asa Hutchinson’s veto -- in the House, by a vote of 71 to 24, and 25 to 8 in the Senate.

Speaking to Carlson about his veto, Hutchinson again argued the legislation was too broad.

Hutchinson accused Carlson of misrepresenting the bill, explaining: "If this had been a bill that simply prohibited chemical castration, I would have signed the bill."

Hutchinson added that he would have supported legislation that restricted only gender-confirming surgery, which currently is not performed on minors in the state.

Instead, he said, the bill presented to him was "was overbroad, it was extreme. It went far beyond what you just said.

"This is the first law in the nation that invokes the state between medical decisions, parents who consent to that and the decision of the patient. And so, this goes way too far. And in fact, it doesn't even have a grandfather clause that those young people that are under hormonal treatment," he argued. (Fox News)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=01Hry1rJn7w&feature=emb_logo

more
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/leahbarkoukis/2021/04/07/carlson-grills-hutchinson-safe-act-n2587506
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Sled Dog

• The Ultimate Weapon: Freedom - I Won't
Hutchinson tried to claim child sex-mutilation was the conservative thing to do.

Disgusting.

Massively over-ridden, the ban is law in AR now.

I guess he wanted to end his career spectacularly.  Maybe he's dating the Governess of North Dakota?
The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.

Offline Idiot

Hutchinson tried to claim child sex-mutilation was the conservative thing to do.

Disgusting.

Massively over-ridden, the ban is law in AR now.

I guess he wanted to end his career spectacularly.  Maybe he's dating the Governess of North Dakota?
Hutchison came across as an idiot on Tucker last night.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Hutchinson wrote his political epitaph with that veto.
He's history.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Hutchinson wrote his political epitaph with that veto.
He's history.

He's term-limited as governor and 70.  I'm guessing he's ready to spend all the graft he's amassed while young enough to enjoy it.

Jewish Deplorable
@TrumpJew2

In 2019, Asa Hutchinson signed a bill banning female genital mutilation of minors

His “limited government” defense is BS

Arkansas SB318 | 2019 | 92nd General Assembly
Summary (2019-03-26) To Prohibit Unlawful Female Genital Mutilation Of A Minor; To Create Awareness Programs Concerning And Statistical Tracking Of Unlawful Female Genital Mutilation; And To Declare...
https://legiscan.com/AR/bill/SB318/2019

8:45 PM · Apr 6, 2021·Twitter for iPhone

https://twitter.com/TrumpJew2/status/1379596208231055360

Asa Hutchinson commits cable news seppuku
Spectator US, Apr 7, 2021

[...]

Luckily, the Arkansas legislature overrode Hutchinson’s veto, making it the first state in the country to ban ‘gender-affirming’ treatments for youth.

Hutchinson was stuck in the position of explaining why a so-called conservative would ever think it a good idea to veto a bill that would protect children from such abuse. He fell into a trap all-too-common among politicians: he thought he was the smartest person in the room. So, Hutchinson decided to appear on Tucker Carlson’s Fox News show on Tuesday to try to explain his veto.

The interview was a disaster for Hutchinson, to say the least. He insisted the issue was one of ‘limited government’, such that only doctors and ‘patients’ should be able to make decisions on matters of their health. Hutchinson, who claims to be pro-life, would hopefully never make the same argument about abortion.

I go back to William Buckley, I go back to Ronald Reagan, to principles of our party, which believes in a limited role of government,’ Hutchinson insisted as Carlson looked on in horror.

I’d venture a guess that Buckley and Reagan would have been OK with an otherwise ‘limited’ government stepping in to stop doctors and parents from causing irreversible damage to the nation’s children. But what do I know?

More:  https://spectator.us/topic/arkansas-asa-hutchinson-tucker-carlson-transgender-bill-kristi-noem/

The Columbia Bugle
@ColumbiaBugle

Arkansas Governor Asa Hutchinson must resign and every other Republican Governor in America must pass the #SAFEact.

8:26 PM · Apr 7, 2021·Twitter for iPhone

https://twitter.com/ColumbiaBugle/status/1379953718888693760

Online roamer_1

Hutchinson is right.

Unintended consequences.
Getting between parents and doctors is a serious business. And what will use this as precedent will not be pleasant.

In fact, dictating to parents is a slippery slope better left alone.

I don't like what is going on anymore than anyone else, but advocating for a state over a parent is going to be used in many very bad ways. And you can mark my words.

Offline Sled Dog

Hutchinson is right.

Unintended consequences.
Getting between parents and doctors is a serious business. And what will use this as precedent will not be pleasant.

In fact, dictating to parents is a slippery slope better left alone.

I don't like what is going on anymore than anyone else, but advocating for a state over a parent is going to be used in many very bad ways. And you can mark my words.

Definitely not a conservative.

The laws exist to protect children from parents and quacks.  The state routinely removes children from the homes of drug addicts and abusers, including those who refuse to allow the child necessary medical care.

To claim the law has no place in juvenile medicine is total garbage.   

Boys are boys, girls are girls.   Medication can't change one into the other.  Neither can surgery.   So when a CHILD has mental issues about what sex they are, the CHILD needs proper psychological treatment to learn how to accept that they are what they were born as, not surgery and mutilation to allow them to pander to their psychosis.

If a child thought his hand was trying to strangle him, would the government be "interfering" between the child and any "doctor" that believed amputating the hand was the best solution?  According to Principled Conservatives, the answer is a resounding "Orange-Man Baa-aa-aa-aa-aad"!
« Last Edit: April 08, 2021, 10:04:30 am by Sled Dog »
The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.

Online roamer_1

Definitely not a conservative.

The laws exist to protect children from parents and quacks.  The state routinely removes children from the homes of drug addicts and abusers, including those who refuse to allow the child necessary medical care.

To claim the law has no place in juvenile medicine is total garbage.   

Boys are boys, girls are girls.   Medication can't change one into the other.  Neither can surgery.   So when a CHILD has mental issues about what sex they are, the CHILD needs proper psychological treatment to learn how to accept that they are what they were born as, not surgery and mutilation to allow them to pander to their psychosis.

If a child thought his hand was trying to strangle him, would the government be "interfering" between the child and any "doctor" that believed amputating the hand was the best solution?  According to Principled Conservatives, the answer is a resounding "Orange-Man Baa-aa-aa-aa-aad"!

Wait until this very law is turned around and used as precedent to take !YOU! out of your preteen's sexual decisions. You are giving the state that power.  I swear, Tumpists can't think any further than their  nose is long...

Online roamer_1

[message deleted by Mod2].

And another one. Throw poo. It's all you got, pore thing.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2021, 06:05:41 pm by Mod2 »

Offline Mod2

Do not attack other TBR members. Stick to the subject of the thread, please.

Offline Sled Dog

Wait until this very law is turned around and used as precedent to take !YOU! out of your preteen's sexual decisions. You are giving the state that power.  I swear, Tumpists can't think any further than their  nose is long...

I have one hell of a long nose, then.

In addition to other things.

If my decision was to put my preteen on puberty blockers or the Tiny Guillotine, then hell yes the state should not only prevent that decision from being acted upon, it has the moral responsibility arrest both me and the quack for conspiring to commit gross bodily injury upon a minor.

Okay.  I will take the time to tell you, again, something you clearly do not understand.

Boys are not born boys, they are boys the instant the sperm with the Y chromosome fertilizes the egg. It's not an "assignment".  It's not a "choice".  It simply IS.

Girls are not born girls, they are girls the instant the sperm with the X chromosome fertilized the egg.  It's not an "assignment".  It's not a "choice".  It simply IS.

The human species comes in two (2) and ONLY two (2) sexes.  Male is one, female is the other.  The middle ground of hermaphrodites are nature's sad freaks.   The discussions regarding the sexual mutilation of humans, the nonsense regarding how freaks "identify" as something other than what their chromosomes define them as, are discussions of mental illness.

In a word, those people are CRAZY.

Sane people do not let crazy people set public policy, modify the culture, or change the language the sane people use.

Bruce Jenner can ask people to call HIM "Caitlyn" if HE wants to.  But HE will never be female and thus the correct pronoun to use for HIM is "he" and "him" and "it".

The Rodents are currently claiming the use of the pronouns "they" and "their" are properly applied to single persons.  The Rodents are liars, of course, and they are promoting the disease of transgenderism to enslave another generation.

And, naturally, non-conservatives with NO principles are using this garbage assault on innocent children to falsely claim the tallest heap in the dung-beetle empire.   

Society exists, first and foremost, to PROTECT CHILDREN.

Societies that abandon this and chose to abuse children for political gain are seriously diseased societies and need to be cleansed with fire and sword and rope.

Online roamer_1

I have one hell of a long nose, then.

In addition to other things.

If my decision was to put my preteen on puberty blockers or the Tiny Guillotine, then hell yes the state should not only prevent that decision from being acted upon, it has the moral responsibility arrest both me and the quack for conspiring to commit gross bodily injury upon a minor.

Okay.  I will take the time to tell you, again, something you clearly do not understand.

Boys are not born boys, they are boys the instant the sperm with the Y chromosome fertilizes the egg. It's not an "assignment".  It's not a "choice".  It simply IS.

Girls are not born girls, they are girls the instant the sperm with the X chromosome fertilized the egg.  It's not an "assignment".  It's not a "choice".  It simply IS.

The human species comes in two (2) and ONLY two (2) sexes.  Male is one, female is the other.  The middle ground of hermaphrodites are nature's sad freaks.   The discussions regarding the sexual mutilation of humans, the nonsense regarding how freaks "identify" as something other than what their chromosomes define them as, are discussions of mental illness.

In a word, those people are CRAZY.

Sane people do not let crazy people set public policy, modify the culture, or change the language the sane people use.

Bruce Jenner can ask people to call HIM "Caitlyn" if HE wants to.  But HE will never be female and thus the correct pronoun to use for HIM is "he" and "him" and "it".

The Rodents are currently claiming the use of the pronouns "they" and "their" are properly applied to single persons.  The Rodents are liars, of course, and they are promoting the disease of transgenderism to enslave another generation.

And, naturally, non-conservatives with NO principles are using this garbage assault on innocent children to falsely claim the tallest heap in the dung-beetle empire.   

Society exists, first and foremost, to PROTECT CHILDREN.

Societies that abandon this and chose to abuse children for political gain are seriously diseased societies and need to be cleansed with fire and sword and rope.

I REALLY don't give a crap about any of that. 'It's for the chidren' has permitted more liberal destruction than damn near anything else.

While I agree with you in spirit, this is a structural issue.

This very law WILL be turned around and used against you and yourn... You are literally giving government the ability to dictate the sexual mores of YOUR child - NOT just the injured child, but YOUR child too. THAT is where this can (and likely will) go. Consider what you are laying down here in the hands of a Democrat administration. You are giving a gift to them that will keep on giving.

That is the reason libertarian thought is offended by using the law as a cudgel - Often... in fact mostly... It has unintended consequences. And this most certainly will.

Like I said, I am with you in spirit. But do it another way. That is what Hutchinson said, and that is what Noems said.

This very law WILL be turned around and used against you and yourn... You are literally giving government the ability to dictate the sexual mores of YOUR child - NOT just the injured child, but YOUR child too.

This law is not about sexual mores, which are focused on sexual behavior (ie: premarital sex, adultery, homosexuality, polygamy,  etc ...)

This law is about a medical line in the sand for children.  And there are dozens of laws on the books that protect the lives and health of children; a couple that come to mind are:  tattoos, drinking age, smoking age, driving age.  Each restriction protects the child (from him or herself) until the legal age of consent  -- and the laws stand with or without parental approval.

Two areas where the ramifications of medical procedures are permanent and potentially horrific have required the passage of laws making them illegal until the age of consent:  1.) Female Genitalia Mutilation and 2.) Chemical and/or physical castration.

Each law addresses an irrevocable procedure and outcome on a human body where that body has not reached the age of consent.  Neither law says "never"; both say "not now".

I don't see why this is a problem.

« Last Edit: April 08, 2021, 07:29:51 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Online roamer_1

This law is not about sexual mores, which are focused on sexual behavior (ie: premarital sex, adultery, homosexuality, polygamy,  etc ...)

I thought you had me on ignore after your nasty little PM @Right_in_Virginia
Make up your mind.

Yes, in the end it IS about sexual mores. And this law can and likely WILL be stretched to cover all of the above - At least that which applies to children. Already there are movements afoot to lower the age of consent to preteen. And this issue goes hand-in-hand with that.

This law is about a medical line in the sand for children.  And there are dozens of laws on the books that protect the lives and health of children; a couple that come to mind are:  tattoos, drinking age, smoking age, driving age.  Each restriction protects the child (from him or herself) until the legal age of consent.  None of these laws have been turned on adults.

None of those laws have an active queer nation trying to subvert normative sexual mores.

Two areas where the ramifications of medical procedures are permanent and potentially horrific have required the passage of laws making them illegal until the age of consent:  1.) Female Genitalia Mutilation and 2.) Chemical and/or physical castration.

Neither law has a thing to do with sexual behavior or affect the rights of an adult.  Both address an irrevocable procedure and outcome on a human body where that body has not reached the age of consent.  Neither law says "never"; both say "not now".

I don't see why this is a problem.

Because you are putting the state before the parent in authority over what is in the end a sexual choice by a child.
You are saying the state holds MORE authority than the parent in matters of the sexual disposition of their children.

If you cannot see the danger of that in the face of the evil rising on this land, you must be blind.

All it takes is for such a law to be adopted, challenged, and sent up the pipe to SCOTUS, who can on a whim dictate a power granted to the various states nation wide - And suddenly, good Christian folks in California will have no recourse if their children fall prey to sexual indoctrination in school.

Remember how abortion propagated among the various states until challenged and given a national dictate by the SCOTUS. This is no different.

The state has the direct right to dictate medical procedures in-state. Notice what Hutch said. If it was a matter of banning procedure he would sign it in a minute. What he is scared of is exactly what I am saying, of that I am sure.

Y'all have to widen your focus and look at the structures you are putting in place. For that reason I will have to agree with Hutchinson and Noems. This needs way more thought that what it seems on the surface.

Unintended consequences. Libertarians have that right.

Online roamer_1

@Right_in_Virginia

I should add... I am not welded hard in my position... But this makes me mighty uncomfortable.
And I can see your position, and like I said upthread - I agree in spirit.
What you are saying is not wrong... It is more a matter of what has not been envisioned.

Yes, in the end it IS about sexual mores. And this law can and likely WILL be stretched to cover all of the above - At least that which applies to children. Already there are movements afoot to lower the age of consent to preteen. And this issue goes hand-in-hand with that.

No it's not about sexual mores, it's about a child's health, which happens to involve sex organs.  There have been movements for years to lower both the age of consent and the voting age.  Neither is being driven by the "right to castrate" chorus.

Because you are putting the state before the parent in authority over what is in the end a sexual choice by a child.

A choice by a CHILD?  What the hell is wrong with you?  Do you think a seven year old child is capable of choosing to cut off his penis?  You believe he fully understands it can't be glued back on and what the consequences are?  Really? 

You are saying the state holds MORE authority than the parent in matters of the sexual disposition of their children.

I vote to protect a child from his or her parents due to physical abuse, drug and alcohol abuse and now sexual determination abuse.

If you cannot see the danger of that in the face of the evil rising on this land, you must be blind.

I do see the danger .... and it's to our young.  And far too often at the hands of their parents.

All it takes is for such a law to be adopted, challenged, and sent up the pipe to SCOTUS, who can on a whim dictate a power granted to the various states nation wide - And suddenly, good Christian folks in California will have no recourse if their children fall prey to sexual indoctrination in school.

Now you're just playing "Guess how many straw men I can squeeze into one post"   :laugh:

The state has the direct right to dictate medical procedures in-state. Notice what Hutch said. If it was a matter of banning procedure he would sign it in a minute. What he is scared of is exactly what I am saying, of that I am sure.   

Explain why Asa signed a law forbidding female genitalia mutilation on a minor if he's so "scared".   I think it's more that Asa is full of shit ... this time.  And you're buying it hook, line and sinker.

« Last Edit: April 08, 2021, 08:33:39 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Online roamer_1

No it's not about sexual mores, it's about a child's health, which happens to involve sex organs.  There have been movements for years to lower both the age of consent and the voting age.  Neither is being driven by the "right to castrate" chorus.

Of course it is. This issue is right on the stage with the homo/transgender left. That is what this IS about.

A choice by a CHILD?  What the hell is wrong with you?  Do you think a seven year old child is capable of choosing to cut off his penis?  You believe he fully understands it can't be glued back on and what the consequences are?  Really? 

Nothing is wrong with me. I find the idea ludicrous too - But there it is. That is what this is about.

I vote to protect a child from his or her parents due to physical abuse, drug and alcohol abuse and now sexual determination abuse.

I do see the danger .... and it's to our young.  And far too often at the hands of their parents.

That's noble. What you are not considering is what the ignoble will do with what has been wrought. And they will.

Now you're just playing "Guess how many straw men I can squeeze into one post"   :laugh:

No, that's about how it will go. Or something like it. Watch and see.

Explain why Asa signed a law forbidding female genitalia mutilation on a minor if he's so "scared".   I think it's more that Asa is full of shit ... this time.  And you're buying it hook, line and sinker.

Hutch is incidental to me, with the exception of his statement, Which requires thought. My angle, as I have described it, is a libertarian one, set apart from the players. Though I DO agree with Hutch in regard to his rather sparse point toward limited government.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

If I lived in Arkansas, I believe I would find another person to represent the state.

This guy is too dense to be any executive.

No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington