Author Topic: Where are the men?  (Read 796 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Where are the men?
« on: April 07, 2021, 01:39:02 pm »
April 7, 2021
Where are the men?
By Chris Boland

In March 1964, the New York Times reported that dozens of people heard the anguished cries of 29-year-old Kitty Genovese as she was raped and murdered outside her Queens, New York, apartment but they did nothing. The Times was lying. The lie worked, though, because we’ve also seen things happen when people should have intervened to stop something but refrained. Now, thanks to ubiquitous smartphones, we’re seeing that, in 2021, there’s an epidemic of passive Americans watching tragedy strike.

Many of us have seen recent videos in which something terrible happens and bystanders capture the event on an iPhone or other devices. The carjacking of an Uber driver, and his subsequent death at the hands of two teenage girls in DC, the vicious beating of an Asian man on a New York subway, and the ghastly assault of an elderly Asian woman in New York – all have shocked the senses of a country nearly numb from a constant stream of appalling images.

These events have several things in common: They take place in public spaces, are witnessed by other people, and are recorded on digital devices. The most important thing these events have in common is that no one stepped up to stop the aggressor. In all three events, people watched as an innocent person was savagely attacked and no one lifted a finger to intercede, except to lift their phones and hit “record.”

In 1964, believing the Times to be truthful, the public was outraged that a young woman could be raped and murdered within earshot of dozens of her neighbors and no one would come to her assistance. Now we view a video of naked violence without pausing to consider who recorded it and why? Who was present? Where is the outrage? Where were the men?

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2021/04/where_are_the_men.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online andy58-in-nh

Re: Where are the men?
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2021, 01:41:56 pm »
The author missed one crucial element: these attacks nearly always occur in places where firearms ownership, most specifically concealed carry, is made difficult or impossible.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2021, 10:52:16 pm »
"Now we view a video of naked violence without pausing to consider who recorded it and why? Who was present? Where is the outrage? Where were the men?"

The "New Elois..."

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2021, 10:55:49 pm »
These events have several things in common:

I read a story about how all the people being loaded on trains thought someone would intervene. They did. After 100 million people were dead.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2021, 12:02:52 am »
Y'all wanted effeminate sally-boys... Well, it looks like you got em. No big, tough, patriarchy for you.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2021, 12:06:13 am »
Y'all wanted effeminate sally-boys... Well, it looks like you got em. No big, tough, patriarchy for you.

Surprise when cuomo shut down hells kitchen and everyone else's.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2021, 01:52:20 am »
Surprise when cuomo shut down hells kitchen and everyone else's.

I know right... And they all just folded up... Where's that classic New York, "Yeah I got your shutdwn right here (inappropriate gesturing)" All nancy-boys now, I guess.  Up in here there was ALWAYS an 'Oh, Hell No" choir, and I was leading the baritones.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2021, 01:56:39 am »
I know right... And they all just folded up... Where's that classic New York, "Yeah I got your shutdwn right here (inappropriate gesturing)" All nancy-boys now, I guess.  Up in here there was ALWAYS an 'Oh, Hell No" choir, and I was leading the baritones.

in the lead by a head...

baritones sounds like a rassist nudie camp

Online corbe

« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2021, 02:07:09 am »
    The Men left in the 70's when Women started taking Birth Control Pills and the Public Water Systems could not filtrate that amount of Hormones out of the drinking water. 
    That's why I only drink Whiskey, or in a pinch, Vodka, now.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline HoustonSam

• "That'll be the day......"
  • old times there are not forgotten
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2021, 02:19:41 am »

The general denigration of manhood in popular culture and in "progressive" politics has without question produced large numbers of hapless, passive younger generation males.  But there is another group of males - by no means hapless or passive, and not always younger generation - who simply have decided they will no longer play by the old rules, because half of those old rules have been repealed.  Those old rules call on men to rise to the defense of the weaker and to sacrifice their own individual interests, in exchange for which they are treated with dignity and respect.  Dignity and respect are no longer accorded to men generally, so a large and growing proportion of men has decided that they are no longer accountable to protect the weaker around them or to produce more than they require individually for happiness.

For many, the answer to the question "Where are the men?" is "We're right here, but we're no longer going to be treated as disposable implements.  You will get from us what you earn, not what you try to shame us in to."
James 1:20

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2021, 02:38:07 am »
The general denigration of manhood in popular culture and in "progressive" politics has without question produced large numbers of hapless, passive younger generation males.  But there is another group of males - by no means hapless or passive, and not always younger generation - who simply have decided they will no longer play by the old rules, because half of those old rules have been repealed.  Those old rules call on men to rise to the defense of the weaker and to sacrifice their own individual interests, in exchange for which they are treated with dignity and respect.  Dignity and respect are no longer accorded to men generally, so a large and growing proportion of men has decided that they are no longer accountable to protect the weaker around them or to produce more than they require individually for happiness.

For many, the answer to the question "Where are the men?" is "We're right here, but we're no longer going to be treated as disposable implements.  You will get from us what you earn, not what you try to shame us in to."

goopo

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2021, 02:42:45 am »

Mac and Cheese
Beans and weenies
Beer and Cheetos
Men are still here, they're keeping a low profile
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2021, 02:47:21 am »

You've said a mouthful once again @HoustonSam ... And it occurs to me that even in myself, what is not expected of me gets pretty rusty. No woman around, it is extremely easy for my genteel side to ease up and eventually fall away. Nobody to honey-do me to death, and the place don't need to look so good. Hell, it can look plain awful as it turns out, and I don't mind at all. In no time at all I can be speaking native mule-skinner and proving in fact that men and dogs are quite alike.

It is a fragile thing in a man, that respect expected of him... And it is quick to snuff out.

Now, on the other hand, a woman who knows her place, and who is standing in her virtue, can have me hat-in-hand, diggin my toe in the ground, without any help for it at all. Funny how that goes. But them kind are getting fewer and further apart, I will tell you what.

As it turns out, your average man is quick to dodge responsibilities. and given the opening, they WILL every time they can... Certainly my shaggy rumpled old self is a perfect image of a man reverting to nature. 

And I will, because I CAN. There is no reason not to. And society tends to demand it. Either I can be the nancy-boy they desire, or I can go be what I am. And that is no choice at all for me.

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2021, 02:57:50 am »

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Online corbe

« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2021, 02:59:00 am »
You've said a mouthful once again @HoustonSam ... And it occurs to me that even in myself, what is not expected of me gets pretty rusty. No woman around, it is extremely easy for my genteel side to ease up and eventually fall away. Nobody to honey-do me to death, and the place don't need to look so good. Hell, it can look plain awful as it turns out, and I don't mind at all. In no time at all I can be speaking native mule-skinner and proving in fact that men and dogs are quite alike.

It is a fragile thing in a man, that respect expected of him... And it is quick to snuff out.

Now, on the other hand, a woman who knows her place, and who is standing in her virtue, can have me hat-in-hand, diggin my toe in the ground, without any help for it at all. Funny how that goes. But them kind are getting fewer and further apart, I will tell you what.

As it turns out, your average man is quick to dodge responsibilities. and given the opening, they WILL every time they can... Certainly my shaggy rumpled old self is a perfect image of a man reverting to nature. 

And I will, because I CAN. There is no reason not to. And society tends to demand it. Either I can be the nancy-boy they desire, or I can go be what I am. And that is no choice at all for me.

I was very fortunate in stumbling across the path of @Texas Robin
   It's going Great.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2021, 03:26:21 am »

Online corbe

« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2021, 03:39:13 am »
We are HERE and most members of the GGG (Great Group (of) Gals)) realize this.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2021, 03:40:11 am »

I was very fortunate in stumbling across the path of @Texas Robin
   It's going Great.

I am HAPPY that is so @corbe ... @Texas Robin prolly has her work cut out for her getting you to shape up and fly right.  :beer: :seeya:

Online corbe

« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2021, 03:41:33 am »
   She ain't stupid she knows I'm too old to fly.

Offline roamer_1

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2021, 03:47:55 am »
   She ain't stupid she knows I'm too old to fly.

Then how do you get so dang high?

:bigsilly:  < Lookey there... I had to go find the big giggle for that one.

Online corbe

« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2021, 03:49:36 am »
   It's too late in the season now I'm way behind. I'll have to stay with her till next Winter.

Blue Dice Bluesband - Stay With Her (Until Winter)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=onTQiGWf4Sw

Online corbe

« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2021, 03:57:17 am »
Then how do you get so dang high?

:bigsilly:  < Lookey there... I had to go find the big giggle for that one.

It just occurred to me why she calls me 'Spruce', MY GD Name is Bruce

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYD76pY8Ke0

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #23 on: April 08, 2021, 03:58:25 am »
   It's too late in the season now I'm way behind. I'll have to stay with her till next Winter.

Blue Dice Bluesband - Stay With Her (Until Winter)

That sax is awesome. Nothing makes me stick around like awesome sax

@corbe

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #24 on: April 08, 2021, 09:18:42 am »
    The Men left in the 70's when Women started taking Birth Control Pills and the Public Water Systems could not filtrate that amount of Hormones out of the drinking water. 
    That's why I only drink Whiskey, or in a pinch, Vodka, now.
Distilled water, here. No hangover, no hormones.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis