Author Topic: MSNBC’s Melber: Biden Increasingly Liberal — He Sounds Like ‘The New Bernie’  (Read 341 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
MSNBC’s Melber: Biden Increasingly Liberal — He Sounds Like ‘The New Bernie’

Pam Key 6 Apr 2021

MSNBC anchor Ari Melber said Tuesday on “The Beat” that President Joe Biden was governing to the left and “at times, can sound a bit like” progressive Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-VT).

Melber said, “Joe Biden has begun his presidency on a more liberal footing than the last two Democratic presidents, which makes this the most progressive start to any presidency in the past 40 years. Biden is now pushing for a cumulative $4 trillion in total spending in his first 100 days. Getting a liberal boost from the news Senate Democrats can bypass McConnell’s obstruction for party-line votes on the new infrastructure bill. Liberals are encouraged. Conservatives are aghast. Many Democrats who know Joe Biden are struck by how he’s evolving in this role and in this tough time for the nation, a contrast to a Senate career where he was, by his own words, a centrist or even conservative Democrat on many different issues.”

He continued, “Biden is governing from the core and base of the Democratic Party, the progressive base, pushing the liberal plans I just mentioned, spending that outstrips anything from the early days of the Obama-Biden administration, higher taxes on the wealthy and on corporations. Joe Biden taking sides with labor more than he did in past decades, or then past Democratic presidents. He’s pushing the new multi-trillion plan with major planks for jobs, racial justice, and addressing climate change. Now whether it’s correlation or causation, Biden at times can sound a bit like the new Bernie.”

He added, “Is Biden simply revealing his own values now that he has this power? Or is he channeling Sanders?”

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2021/04/06/msnbcs-melber-biden-increasingly-liberal-he-sounds-like-the-new-bernie/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mikezpen

I can't believe Biden's actions should shock anybody.

Offline cato potatoe

Not true.  Liberals are laissez-faire and generally harmless if annoying.  This guy is an authoritarian jerk, a relic of the early 20th century. 

Offline mikezpen

He's a leftist, not a liberal.The people running this country now are hard-core leftist fanatics, not liberals.I can't believe anyone should be shocked at this.

Just one example:
Biden will rewrite Trump's Title IX rules on sexual offenses in schools.Trump's rules codified presumption of innocence and the right for third parties (lawyers) to cross-examine plaintiffs.Biden w/eliminate both.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
He Sounds Like ‘The New Bernie’...

ol' joe will "sound like" whatever his controllers tell him to sound like.
For that moment.
Until he forgets what he said...

Offline libertybele

To my surprise, Sloe Joe has lasted longer than I thought he would. I thought he'd step down after 3 months...he's made it past that goal post. What a disappointment, but perhaps the longer Kamel and her keepers are on the sidelines, the better.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Sled Dog

• The Ultimate Weapon: Freedom - I Won't
He's reading what they put on the teleprompter, just like that terrorist from Kenya did.

And neither made any sense if the teleprompter was turned off or broken.

So who's been directing that marxist clown show since 2009?   

China.
The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.