Author Topic: Biden: 'Reassuring' to see companies speak out against voting laws  (Read 286 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Biden: 'Reassuring' to see companies speak out against voting laws
By Brett Samuels - 04/06/21 04:52 PM EDT

President Biden on Tuesday credited private companies with speaking up in opposition to new voting laws being passed in Georgia and elsewhere while warning about the impact on workers when businesses leave, calling on states to "smarten up."

Biden was asked at a White House event on vaccinations whether The Masters tournament should relocate out of Augusta, Ga., in response to the new Georgia law, which experts say makes it more difficult for minorities in particular to vote.

"I think that’s up to The Masters," Biden said. "It is reassuring to see that for-profit operations and businesses are speaking up about how these new Jim Crow laws are just antithetical to who we are.

"There’s another side to it, too," Biden continued. "The other side to it, too, is when they in fact move out of Georgia, the people who need the help the most, people who are making hourly wages, sometimes get hurt the most.

"I think it’s a very tough decision for a corporation to make or a group to make, but I respect when they make that judgment," he added. "And I support whatever judgment they make. But the best way to deal with it is for Georgia and other states to smarten up and stop it."

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/546781-biden-reassuring-to-see-companies-speak-out-against-voting-laws
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
Re: Biden: 'Reassuring' to see companies speak out against voting laws
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2021, 10:03:48 pm »
Hey Joe.... :bs:
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.