Author Topic: Shooter Opens Fire At US Army Base, According To Multiple Reports  (Read 810 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

Michael Ginsberg
General Assignment Reporter
April 06, 2021 11:00 AM ET

A shooter injured at least two people at a U.S. Army base in Frederick, Maryland, on Tuesday, according to multiple reports.

Frederick Police announced the shooting at Fort Detrick on Twitter at about 9 am. Fort Detrick is an Army garrison that houses much of the U.S.’s biological defense and research.

Frederick Police
@Fred_MD_Police
We are on scene responding to an active shooter in the 8400 block of Progress Drive. Currently there are two victims and one suspect is down.
8:06 AM · Apr 6, 2021

more
https://dailycaller.com/2021/04/06/active-shooter-fort-detrick-maryland-us-army/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mountaineer

Re: Shooter Opens Fire At US Army Base, According To Multiple Reports
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2021, 03:41:07 pm »
FREDERICK, Md. (AP) -- US Navy: Suspect in active shooting incident at Fort Detrick was Navy medic; suspect is dead.
U.S. Navy
@USNavy

The U.S. Navy can confirm there was an active shooter incident at Fort Detrick, MD involving U.S. Navy Sailors. The shooter, a Navy Hospital Corpsman, is deceased. We will continue to update with additional details as the situation evolves.
10:54 AM · Apr 6, 2021·Twitter Web App
« Last Edit: April 06, 2021, 03:42:58 pm by mountaineer »
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2021, 03:42:14 pm »
Frederick, Maryland shooting: Suspect drove to Fort Detrick, where he was fatally shot, police say
By Jason Hanna and Melissa Alonso, CNN 27 mins ago

A man shot and injured two people at a business in the Maryland city of Frederick on Tuesday morning before driving to the US military's nearby Fort Detrick, where personnel there shot and killed him, police said.

The suspected gunman -- a 38-year-old man -- entered a business at Riverside Tech Park in the northeast of the city, and opened fire in or near it, striking two men, Frederick Police Chief Jason Lando told reporters.

The suspect then drove to Fort Detrick, about 10 minutes away, where "personnel on the base" fatally shot him, Lando said.

The men injured at the technology park were in critical condition, and were flown by helicopter to a hospital, Lando said

Lando said he didn't know why the suspect opened fire at the business or subsequently went to Fort Detrick, or what led base personnel to shoot him. ... MSN

Offline verga

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2021, 04:04:32 pm »
I lived there for a year. I had some students whos parents worked there. 25 years ago they played with some nasty shite there. I don't think it has gotten any better.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2021, 04:28:35 pm »
FREDERICK, Md. (AP) -- US Navy: Suspect in active shooting incident at Fort Detrick was Navy medic; suspect is dead.
Hey, morbid I know but I just thought this time Obama would have been right calling the shooter a Corpseman :pondering:

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2021, 04:41:32 pm »
Maryland shooting: Suspect was US Navy corpsman and is dead, 2 others critically injured, officials say
US Navy confirms suspect was Navy Hospital Corpsman

https://www.foxnews.com/us/maryland-active-shooter-injured-suspect-down-police
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline skeeter

« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2021, 04:45:59 pm »
Armed personnel on stateside military bases - one Trump policy the Biden team overlooked. I’m sure they’ll get right on an EO reversing it now.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2021, 01:15:25 am »
The shooter was Fantahun Girma Woldesenbet, apparently of Ethiopian heritage.
... Navy Petty Officer 3rd Class Fantahun Girma Woldesenbet shot the two men at “a military institution” at the Riverside Tech Park, on the outskirts of the city of about 72,000 people, Lando said.

After the shooting, Woldesenbet fled in his vehicle to Fort Detrick, where he also was assigned, and was eventually stopped and shot dead by military police after brandishing a firearm, said Brig. Gen. Michael J. Talley, the commander of the Army base.
Authorities had not identified a motive yet Tuesday. It was still unclear, they said, whether the incident was a targeted attack. ...
Baltimore Sun

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2021, 01:00:47 pm »
A memory from a few months ago, as China tried to blame the US and Ft. Detrick for the 'rona:
China revives conspiracy theory that links coronavirus with US army lab Fort Detrick as Beijing's state TV suggests 'something fishy' was going on there

CCTV called Fort Detrick 'the darkest experiment centre of the US government'
    An anchor questioned 'exactly what fishy businesses were going on' in the lab
    The report emerged after Beijing urged Washington to open the lab for a probe
    China's foreign ministry said the US should invite WHO over to trace virus origins
    The broad scientific consensus holds that the novel coronavirus came from bats

By MailOnline Reporter

Published: 13:02 EDT, 21 January 2021 | Updated: 13:05 EDT, 21 January 2021

A few facts:
... Frederick Police Chief Jason Lando said during a press conference Woldesenbet achieved the rank of E-4 and lived in Frederick. He was married, and the FBI interviewed his wife, according to WUSA9. He is from Virginia, according to Stars and Stripes. He was identified as a medical lab technician in 2019 meeting minutes from the Board of Regents Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences 208th Meeting. ... Woldesenbet attended the Uniformed Services University of Health Sciences in Bethesda, Maryland as a medical lab technician student.

“The location of the initial shooting is a warehouse rented by Naval Medical Research Center, Biological Defense Research Directorate to store research supplies and equipment,” law enforcement wrote in a joint press release. ...

Woldesenbet is a Virginia native, according to Stars and Stripes.  ...

Authorities did not give any additional information about Woldesenbet or his relationship to the victims. They did not say what his job was in the navy or whether he knew the victims.

The victims, who were both adult males, suffered life-threatening injuries, law enforcement wrote in a joint press release. They were both active duty sailors assigned to Fort Detrick. ...

Woldesenbet enlisted in the Navy in September 2012, according to his official Navy service record reviewed by Stars and Stripes. He achieved the E-4 rank in June 2017 while he was serving with Navy Medicine Readiness and Training Command in Bremerton, Washington.

Woldesenbet was assigned to the Naval Medical Research Center in Frederick Aug. 5, 2019, Stars and Stripes reported. His service record listed four awards and did not list any overseas deployments. ...

Waldesenbet knew at least one of the men he allegedly shot, a witness told WUSA9.
“Frederick Shooting Update >> 1 of the sailors shot this morning said he *knew* the shooter, Fantahun Woldesenbet. That’s according to a nearby business owner, who helped the victim,” Mike Valerio of WUSA9 and CBS Evening News wrote on Twitter.
https://heavy.com/news/fantahun-woldesenbet/

rangerrebew

Navy Sailor killed by police after shooting two is identified as a 38-year-old Corpsman
April 6, 2021   

Update: Information obtained by law enforcement and published by the WJLA ABC7 has identified the deceased gunman as an active duty member of the United States Navy.

Police said the 38-year-old sailor traveled to the Fort Detrick military base, where he was stationed as a Navy Hospital Corpsman and was fatally shot by personnel on the base, the U.S. Navy tweeted. In a statement, Fort Detrick officials said, “The gunman is confirmed to be an active-duty Navy Sailor who was stationed at Fort Detrick.”

Reports indicate that the SWAT team was deployed along with a state trooper to transport a gunshot victim to the hospital

Fort Detrick released the following statement:

https://popularmilitary.com/us-navy-sailor-shot-dead-by-fort-detrick-police-after-chaotic-morning-in-frederick-maryland-that-critically-wounded-2/

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2021, 01:20:34 am »
The shooter was a black man that used a rifle to shoot the victims.  Because of this fact, watch this shooting get swiftly swept under the rug.  I would not be surprised if the perp was also a member of a religion that enjoys dispatching kefirs.

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2021, 01:32:23 am »
The shooter was a black man that used a rifle to shoot the victims.  Because of this fact, watch this shooting get swiftly swept under the rug.  I would not be surprised if the perp was also a member of a religion that enjoys dispatching kefirs.

Correct.  Ethiopian muslim, and black.  As if when demon-rats are in charge, they put these men up to jihads. It is Obama's  THIRD TERM.   CREATE CHAOS,   IS THEIR MOTTO.  Same with shooter, at D.C.  Noah Green, black muslim.  The shooter in Colorado, had whiter skin, but was a MUSLIM, doing jihad. I am sure I missed one, in the last few weeks.

---

Officials identified the suspect as 38-year-old Fantahun Girma Woldesenbet, a Petty Officer Third Class=ARTICLE

« Last Edit: April 08, 2021, 01:36:16 am by LegalAmerican »

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2021, 01:42:17 am »
Why are we allowing foreign born muslims  in our military?  This is not rocket science that these folks would be leaning toward  jihad toward kefirs.   This is just wrong.

And I support diversity, but again, we need to limit the numbers of folks from islamic states, particularly hostile states, and we are not doing that.  Folks from Iran year in, year out are the leaders for receiving Green cards from the Diversity Visa/Green card Lottery system.  Makes no sense whatsoever!!!

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2021, 02:05:36 am »
Correct. Ethiopian muslim, and black.  As if when demon-rats are in charge, they put these men up to jihads. It is Obama's  THIRD TERM.   CREATE CHAOS,   IS THEIR MOTTO.  Same with shooter, at D.C.  Noah Green, black muslim.  The shooter in Colorado, had whiter skin, but was a MUSLIM, doing jihad. I am sure I missed one, in the last few weeks.

---

Officials identified the suspect as 38-year-old Fantahun Girma Woldesenbet, a Petty Officer Third Class=ARTICLE

And prolly faster than an Ethiopian chicken.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley