Author Topic: What’s More American than Coke and Baseball? Clarice Feldman  (Read 287 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
April 4, 2021
What’s More American than Coke and Baseball?
By Clarice Feldman

Until very recently, it would have been hard to imagine anything more iconic of American life than Coca Cola and baseball. Today both remind me of Benito Mussolini’s corporatist – aka, fascist -- game of merging of state and corporate power. The CEOs of these operations should hang their heads in shame and fire their public-relations teams. So should the CEOs of Delta and American Airlines, Black Rock, Cisco, American Express, and American Airlines, who have promoted President Biden’s false assertions that tightening election procedures to bring them back into line -- and in accord with those of civilized Western governments elsewhere -- is racist voter suppression. I’m fed up with this never-ending sham: partisan power grabs to weaken the most important features of American life being cloaked in virtuous anti-racism.

The immediate target of these corporate actions was efforts by Georgia and Texas to revise their election laws, laws which in many states have resulted in widespread disbelief that the 2020 elections were conducted on the up and up. When people believe election procedures are untrustworthy, it shatters voluntary acceptance of the election results. Under pressure from racist propagandists of the left and using COVID as an excuse, jurisdictions in several states so loosened the election rules that widespread fraud was made easier. One state in particular was Georgia, where asleep at the switch (or corrupt -- your choice) officials permitted the sloppy, untrustworthy, opaque, and disputed election procedures.

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2021/04/whats_more_american_than_coke_and_baseball.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
Re: What’s More American than Coke and Baseball? Clarice Feldman
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2021, 12:56:39 am »
Baseball and Coke are no longer American.  If anything, they are harbingers of communism.

I can go a lifetime and never indulge in either!

In fact, I say take all stadiums funded by taxpayers, and prohibit them from playing on our fields.  F*&^ them!

Offline libertybele

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2021, 12:59:42 am »
 Apple Pie and hotdogs.  Watermelon on the 4th of July.

Baseball was the only sport that  I really enjoyed.  I could care less anymore.  It's a shame. I won't even bother to go to the local farm team games.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2021, 01:01:27 am by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2021, 01:06:33 am »
Baseball and Coke are no longer American.  If anything, they are harbingers of communism.

I can go a lifetime and never indulge in either!

In fact, I say take all stadiums funded by taxpayers, and prohibit them from playing on our fields.  F*&^ them!

It's not just a matter of no longer drinking a Coke -- here is a list of Coca-Cola products.  I was amazed at the length of the list:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Coca-Cola_brands
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2021, 01:07:29 am »
Icons are only icons while they are icons.

They stand for something. When they fail to stand, they are icons no more.

ptooey.  Sandlots and sweet tea. Try messin with that.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2021, 01:12:31 am »
I'll never stop loving baseball.  Baseball is therapeutic.

What's 'dulled' the game since 2019?  Covid and no fans in attendance. 

Regarding all this hoopla about the All-Star Game being pulled from Atlanta... the Washington Nationals should declare they are forfeiting all their games in protest against these moronic marketing departments in these corporations that feel the need to get "woke" publicly.

Won't happen of course.

But, there something else going on here, IMO.

Some of us here have reached the point where we demand our fellow Briefers "pick a side". 

Well, these corporations are "picking a side".  They see crony capitalism up the pike and are fighting for publicity.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald