Author Topic: The US saw significant crime rise across major cities in 2020. And it's not letting up  (Read 732 times)

Offline libertybele

The US saw significant crime rise across major cities in 2020. And it's not letting up

Major American cities saw a 33% increase in homicides last year as a pandemic swept across the country, millions of people joined protests against racial injustice and police brutality, and the economy collapsed under the weight of the pandemic — a crime surge that has continued into the first quarter of this year.
Sixty-three of the 66 largest police jurisdictions saw increases in at least one category of violent crimes in 2020, which include homicide, rape, robbery, and aggravated assault, according to a report produced by the Major Cities Chiefs Association. Baltimore City, Baltimore County and Raleigh, North Carolina, did not report increases in any of the violent crime categories.

It's nearly impossible to attribute any year-to-year change in violent crime statistics to any single factor, and homicides and shootings are an intensely local phenomenon that can spike for dozens of reasons. But the increase in homicide rates across the country is both historic and far-reaching, as were the pandemic and social movements that touched every part of society last year....

https://www.cnn.com/2021/04/03/us/us-crime-rate-rise-2020/index.html
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline LMAO

No

The reason is the Defund the Police efforts, attacks on the big city police by those same big city mayors, and the Ferguson effect that's causing it
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline dfwgator

You get what you vote for.

Offline libertybele

This is true, but I really feel for the people who didn't vote for the idiots and are in cities that are being destroyed.

It can happen anywhere. Conservative mayors and governors will be thrown out next election IF the ballot box isn't somehow corrected; otherwise elections will continue to be stolen.                             
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline LegalAmerican

No

The reason is the Defund the Police efforts, attacks on the big city police by those same big city mayors, and the Ferguson effect that's causing it

You are wrong.  Happy Easter.

Offline LMAO

I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Offline LMAO

It's going to get much worse even if COVID disappeared tomorrow

Barry Goldwater

Offline LMAO

IMO....

Any cop that still works in a leftist run American city is on his/her own. There are plenty of warning signs of what awaits them if they choose to continue to work in these cities

Barry Goldwater

Offline Victoria33

@Cyber Liberty

Order has been disrupted throughout the world and many people cannot adjust to it so they act out in harmful ways.