Author Topic: Brooks: I’m Against GA Law, But Companies Opposing It ‘Work in China’  (Read 271 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7ZDlBJENWE&t=597s

Ian Hanchett 3 Apr 2021

On Friday’s “PBS NewsHour,” New York Times columnist David Brooks said that while he opposes Georgia’s election law, he is concerned about corporations opposing the law and moving business out of the state because it means another institution has become political, there’s a double standard with companies that oppose Georgia’s law doing business in China, and he’s concerned about businesses with economic power using it for political purposes.

Brooks said, “I spoke very negatively, critically of the law last week, and I’m still very much against it. I worry about this. I worry about — we’ve seen one institution after another in American society get politicized, the church, the press. I worry about corporations suddenly taking political sides. I worry about boards of directors and CEOs who’ve got a lot of economic power wielding it in ways that [are] political. And so, I’m just nervous to see yet another institution get super political.”

He continued, “They just don’t do it well. Delta, Coke, Major League Baseball, they all work in China, a country now committing genocide. What standards do we hold people to? So, I’m just a little nervous about people with a lot of power wielding it in this way. I just — I’m more comfortable that we settle our differences, even if we hate the results, through politics and through persuasion and through votes and activism and trying to get people to come out to the polls. I’m just more comfortable with that as a means of social change.”

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2021/04/03/brooks-im-against-ga-law-but-companies-opposing-it-work-in-china/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Killer Clouds

All these lying hypocrites say they oppose the law but don't say what they oppose and why they oppose it.

Offline Night Hides Not

Brooks is trying to have his cake and eat it too. Sorry David, no sale.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Online dfwgator

Brooks is trying to have his cake and eat it too. Sorry David, no sale.

His ass must be in pain from all of that fence-straddling.

Offline skeeter

All these lying hypocrites say they oppose the law but don't say what they oppose and why they oppose it.
"We oppose it because we liked rigged elections and giving the power to elect their own representatives back to the voters isn't something that benefits us" doesn't make a very good sound bite.

Offline Killer Clouds

"We oppose it because we liked rigged elections and giving the power to elect their own representatives back to the voters isn't something that benefits us" doesn't make a very good sound bite.
I'm sure there is more truth to that than not. I think they don't want to say what they oppose because it will it will expose quite a few other states that have similar laws already.

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
Brooks is a major wanker.  I would not believe anything he had to say.  And his opinion is not worth used TP!