Author Topic: Joe Biden: Raising Taxes Will ‘Create Energy’ Not Slow the Economy  (Read 443 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Joe Biden: Raising Taxes Will ‘Create Energy’ Not Slow the Economy

Charlie Spiering 2 Apr 2021

President Joe Biden defended his plan Friday to raise taxes significantly to help pay for his proposed $2.5 trillion infrastructure spending bill.

“Raising taxes, studies show, will not slow the economy at all … It will make the economy function better and will create more energy,” he said.

Biden spoke to reporters about his plan at the White House on Friday morning before leaving for the weekend.

The president’s plan would raise the corporate tax rate from 21 percent to 28 percent, and raise taxes for individuals making more than $400,000 a year. Biden argued the tax hikes were necessary to help pay for his dramatic spending proposal.

“If the Republicans decide that we need it but they’re not going to pay for it, it’s just going to increase the deficit,” Biden said.

Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell vowed to fight Biden’s proposal, during a press conference in Kentucky on Thursday, noting too much of the proposed spending was focused on leftist climate and green energy priorities and raising taxes.

“I’m going to fight them every step of the way because I think this is the wrong prescription for America,” McConnell said.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2021/04/02/joe-biden-raising-taxes-create-energy-not-slow-economy/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline libertybele

What a freakin' meathead moron. Yep...taxes, gas and costs of goods will continue to go up.  Sloe Joe has done one helluva job so far.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline skeeter

Buy a shotgun, Joe.

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
Joe isn't so stupid that he believes his own lies, Joe is setting up plausible deniabilities.  Don't blame me, i told you i didn't understand what i was doing.  Fools loving to be lied to, will buy it!
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Offline mountaineer

Just watch, this drooling old fool will get the Nobel Prize for economics. Or maybe have to split it with AOC.  *****rollingeyes*****
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Killer Clouds

Traitor Joe once again has proven to be the idiot he truly is.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Traitor Joe once again has proven to be the idiot he truly is.

Traitor Joe is just doing what he has always done.  Exactly what he is told to do by those really running the show.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline The_Reader_David

One of the great imponderables of politics is what percentage of Democrats are economic illiterates, and what percentage are charlatans who know better, but lie because it helps their electoral prospects.
And when they behead your own people in the wars which are to come, then you will know what this was all about.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Variations on the repeating-history theme appear alongside debates about attribution. Irish statesman Edmund Burke is often misquoted as having said, “Those who don’t know history are destined to repeat it.” Spanish philosopher George Santayana is credited with the aphorism, “Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it,” while British statesman Winston Churchill wrote, “Those that fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it.”

You can take your pick of the above, but what it comes down to is democrats continue to do the same thing expecting a different outcome and we the American people are the ones who pay for it. The politicians and wealthy liberal communists will always be insulated from destruction of their actions.

Offline PeteS in CA

How in Hades can politicians not recognize and acknowledge that government leaching $$ from companies:

* Decreases companies' ability to produce existing products (= less equipment bought and fewer people employed);

* Decreases companies' ability to develop new products;

* By reducing production supply is also reduced, which keeps prices consumers pay higher than they should be?
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Variations on the repeating-history theme appear alongside debates about attribution. Irish statesman Edmund Burke is often misquoted as having said, “Those who don’t know history are destined to repeat it.” Spanish philosopher George Santayana is credited with the aphorism, “Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it,” while British statesman Winston Churchill wrote, “Those that fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it.”

You can take your pick of the above, but what it comes down to is democrats continue to do the same thing expecting a different outcome and we the American people are the ones who pay for it. The politicians and wealthy liberal communists will always be insulated from destruction of their actions.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline dfwgator

Joe isn't so stupid that he believes his own lies, Joe is setting up plausible deniabilities.  Don't blame me, i told you i didn't understand what i was doing.  Fools loving to be lied to, will buy it!

The voters are the stupid ones.  The Democrats understand the electorate better than Republicans do, that's why they win.

Offline bilo

The economy slowing tax increases are the least of the coming problem. The bigger issue will be the dollar losing it's status as the reserve currency of the world. The trend is toward the yuan and irresponsible fiscal policy is going to accelerate this trend.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
The voters are the stupid ones.  The Democrats understand the electorate better than Republicans do, that's why they win.

They should!  They created it! We are now going into the fourth generation of people who have never known anything other than government welfare checks. Whatever else LBJ was, his Great Society programs were political genius.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline libertybele

They should!  They created it! We are now going into the fourth generation of people who have never known anything other than government welfare checks. Whatever else LBJ was, his Great Society programs were political genius.

With COVID they are trying to make our entire country dependent on welfare (stimulus) checks.  There is rumor now of a 4th stimulus check on the horizon that will certainly lift people out of poverty.  *****rollingeyes*****

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/fourth-stimulus-checks-may-coming-205503045.html
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
PeteS objects:
"How in Hades can politicians not recognize and acknowledge that government leaching $$ from companies"

Comrade citizen Pete, don't YOU recognize that before many more years have passed, the government will have taken over these companies to run them as it sees fit...?

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
Raising corporate taxes will stimulate mass exodus by corporations from the USA.  Millions of jobs will be lost, good paying corporate jobs.  Also, the exodus to Mexico and other nations for manufacturing will be like on steroids. 

Biden will make Hoover look like a hero.  The economy crashes when people begin to land in the unemployment line.  This economy right now is being buffered by nothing more than hot air.  I expect a 50% crash in the market, which will not recover in the same year either!!!