Author Topic: D.C. Police Chief Doesn't See the Point in Charging Teens in Uber Eats Carjacking as Adults  (Read 1415 times)

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
In a country with 350 million, people that murder others in the commission of another crime should face the death penalty the next day at sunrise after being found guilty. 

@jafo2010

HorseHillary! Everybody that is human makes mistakes,and this includes juries and judges. This is why we all have the RIGHT to appeal a conviction and/or a sentence.

And I wouldn't have it any other way.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
I got the vibe that there was some "The victim was asking for it" mentality.
Countdown to Resignation

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I got the vibe that there was some "The victim was asking for it" mentality.

@Restored

Has there EVER been a perp who DIDN'T have that attitude?

Until they were standing before a Judge,anyway.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
Blatant in your face crimes like this do not warrant any kind of appeal process.  We got stupid about crime long ago.

In 1971, I did a paper on capital punishment.  With the data back then, it took 14.5 years to bring the average capital murder convicted felon to the death penalty.  I am sure it is much worse today.  So much for swift justice.  Studies show capital punishment is not a deterrent, and of course it isn't the way it is executed. 

But these two murderers taken out after conviction the next day, and shot, maybe that would register with these animals.

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
@Restored

Has there EVER been a perp who DIDN'T have that attitude?

Until they were standing before a Judge,anyway.

Not the perps. The government
Countdown to Resignation

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Not the perps. The government
Right. The problem is and has been the reticence of the prosecution to do its job in cases like this, and its overzealous stance on other cases, all intimately linked with the politics du jour.

Ideally, the judicial system should have only one set of rules: the law, and that law should be observed regardless of the race, creed, color, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, victim group, or other considerations which are routinely applied in some jurisdictions.

In practice, the system is anything but impartial.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Sled Dog

• The Ultimate Weapon: Freedom - I Won't
Right. The problem is and has been the reticence of the prosecution to do its job in cases like this, and its overzealous stance on other cases, all intimately linked with the politics du jour.

Ideally, the judicial system should have only one set of rules: the law, and that law should be observed regardless of the race, creed, color, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, victim group, or other considerations which are routinely applied in some jurisdictions.

In practice, the system is anything but impartial.

We can't have an impartial legal system.

If we did, there'd be a wall around the US capitol, armed guards...just like today, but the inmates couldn't GET OUT.
The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.

Offline LegalAmerican

This guy CONTEE, also does not believe that attack, by a muslim, Noah Green, was a jihad. A terrorist attack.  'Not enough  people were killed'.  Duh, a police officer killed the Jihadist. Words by Green himself.
------------------
Noah Green was identified in the suspect at the incident at the US Capitol on Friday.Facebook

“However, the path has been thwarted, as Allah (God) has chosen me for other things. Throughout life I have set goals, attained them, set higher ones, and then been required to sacrifice those things,” he continued.

His Facebook posts were first reported by MSNBC, which read them on-air.
Capitol Police investigate the scene after a vehicle drove into a security barrier near the US Capitol building on Friday, April 2, 2021.Bill Clark/Getty Images
Green allegedly slammed into a fence outside the US Capitol just after 1 p.m. Friday and struck two officers before crashing into a barricade.
Noah Green in a photo from his Facebook account.Facebook

Green allegedly got out of the car with a knife and lunged at an officer before being fatally shot, reports say.
https://nypost.com/wp-content/uploads/s ... all&w=1024[/img]