Author Topic: Costly needs of migrant children create crisis at U.S.-Mexico border  (Read 218 times)

rangerrebew

April 1, 2021 / 8:16 AM
Costly needs of migrant children create crisis at U.S.-Mexico border
By
Ediberto Román, Florida International University
Children draw with chalk on the ground at El Chaparral plaza in Tijuana, Mexico on Friday. Hundreds of asylum seekers have set up tents near the port of entry in hopes of being able to seek asylum in the United States. Photo by Ariana Drehsler/UPI
Children draw with chalk on the ground at El Chaparral plaza in Tijuana, Mexico on Friday. Hundreds of asylum seekers have set up tents near the port of entry in hopes of being able to seek asylum in the United States. Photo by Ariana Drehsler/UPI | License Photo

April 1 (UPI) -- Children arriving at the U.S.-Mexico border without their parents have presented a political and humanitarian challenge for the past three presidents.

Their numbers began rising considerably after 2009, when 19,418 children were taken into custody at the border, according to U.S. Customs and Border Protection. Unaccompanied minors peaked in 2014, with 68,000 apprehensions. Analysts say 2021 is on pace to break that record, with more than 600 children arriving daily to the border. Most are teenagers seeking asylum.

https://www.upi.com/Top_News/Voices/2021/04/01/Migrant-children-border-crisis-US-Mexico/3881617278217/?ur3=1

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Costly needs of migrant children create crisis at U.S.-Mexico border
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2021, 03:02:41 pm »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien