Author Topic: SPECIAL REPORT: Migrants traverse desolate, deadly ranchlands to elude key border checkpoint in Sou  (Read 206 times)

rangerrebew

SPECIAL REPORT: Migrants traverse desolate, deadly ranchlands to elude key border checkpoint in South Texas
Immigration

'And this is just the tip of the iceberg,' South Texas lawmaker says

by: Sandra Sanchez   
Posted: Mar 30, 2021 / 01:38 PM GMT-0600   / Updated: Mar 30, 2021 / 01:38 PM GMT-0600   

Guatemalan migrant Luis Alberto Paredes, 34, is led away by a Border Patrol agent on Friday, March 26, 2021, after being discovered in remote Brooks County, Texas. He had wandered without food for five days. (Border Report Photo/Sandra Sanchez)

BROOKS COUNTY, Texas (Border Report) — On a windswept ranchland full of rattlesnakes and prickly pear cactus and illuminated only by a rising moon, Luis Alberto Paredes emerged limping and struggling.

The 34-year-old Guatemalan had been lost in the brush for five days without food. His two friends left him when he couldn’t keep up, he told Border Report on Friday night in a remote section of South Texas where many migrants have died trying to get around a U.S. Border Patrol checkpoint.

Paredes was spotted on surveillance cameras walking in circles on a 20,000-acre cattle ranch wearing blue jeans and a hooded sweatshirt, carrying only a small bottle of water.

https://www.borderreport.com/hot-topics/immigration/special-report-migrants-traverse-desolate-deadly-ranchlands-to-elude-key-border-checkpoint-in-south-texas/

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien