Author Topic: Republicans quietly say Gaetz's days in Congress are numbered  (Read 756 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Republicans quietly say Gaetz's days in Congress are numbered
By Juliegrace Brufke and Mike Lillis - 04/02/21 06:13 PM EDT

A defiant Rep. Matt Gaetz (R-Fla.) says he has no plans to resign from Congress amid a federal investigation into whether he paid women — and a 17-year-old girl — for sexual favors.

Yet behind the scenes, a growing number of Gaetz’s Republican colleagues are predicting his days on Capitol Hill are growing short.

“In reality, yes, he won’t last long,” one member told The Hill on Friday.

The forecasts seem to be based on some combination of political pragmatism and wishful thinking.

Gaetz, who stands among the fiercest defenders of former President Trump, is no stranger to controversy, but the latest allegations — which have stemmed from a broader sex trafficking investigation involving the prostitution of minors — are by far the most serious. And Gaetz’s flair for flamboyant confrontation — he recently flew to Wyoming to stage a rally against GOP Rep. Liz Cheney on her home turf — has endeared him to pro-Trump conservatives outside the Beltway, but has also made him plenty of enemies within his own party.

Former Rep. Barbara Comstock (R-Va.) called this week for Gaetz’s removal following the new reports of the Department of Justice’s (DOJ) investigation.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/house/546260-republicans-quietly-say-gaetzs-days-in-congress-are-numbered
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Re: Republicans quietly say Gaetz's days in Congress are numbered
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2021, 10:35:34 pm »
While the POS POS(pres of the senate) laughs ho ho ho
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2021, 10:38:36 pm »
Even back in the old days when I was growing up dumb and full of cum we all knew that 17 would get you 20.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2021, 10:41:32 pm »
While the POS POS(pres of the senate) laughs ho ho ho

And Republican leadership sits on their hands.

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2021, 12:58:59 am »
Republicans quietly say Gaetz's days in Congress are numbered
By Juliegrace Brufke and Mike Lillis - 04/02/21 06:13 PM EDT

A defiant Rep. Matt Gaetz (R-Fla.) says he has no plans to resign from Congress amid a federal investigation into whether he paid women — and a 17-year-old girl — for sexual favors.

Yet behind the scenes, a growing number of Gaetz’s Republican colleagues are predicting his days on Capitol Hill are growing short.

“In reality, yes, he won’t last long,” one member told The Hill on Friday.

The forecasts seem to be based on some combination of political pragmatism and wishful thinking.

Gaetz, who stands among the fiercest defenders of former President Trump, is no stranger to controversy, but the latest allegations — which have stemmed from a broader sex trafficking investigation involving the prostitution of minors — are by far the most serious. And Gaetz’s flair for flamboyant confrontation — he recently flew to Wyoming to stage a rally against GOP Rep. Liz Cheney on her home turf — has endeared him to pro-Trump conservatives outside the Beltway, but has also made him plenty of enemies within his own party.

Former Rep. Barbara Comstock (R-Va.) called this week for Gaetz’s removal following the new reports of the Department of Justice’s (DOJ) investigation.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/house/546260-republicans-quietly-say-gaetzs-days-in-congress-are-numbered

All these people are wrong and just evil.  What about Hunter Biden?  We have his laptop, that shows him raping, torturing, little Chinese girls, NOT INTO PUBERTY YET.  His billions,  in pay off from CHINA?  This is WHY, I am not supporting any republicans anymore.  I am changing my affiliation. (to no affiliation)  They are just the same as any DEMON-RATS.

NOT TALKING ABOUT MATT.  HE IS ONE OF THE GOOD ONES...so of course they have to remove him.  We are now a communist country.

Let us assume, IF, IF, IF,  the girl was 17. That is an adult to me. She is fully developed.  The kids that are being trafficked across the border are, one, three, five!  Very young. NO PROBLEM FOR ANY OF THESE IN GOVERNMENT.  They worry about Matt?
Azzholes. 

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2021, 01:06:15 am »

Let us assume, IF, IF, IF,  the girl was 17. That is an adult to me. She is fully developed.

Ah,,,The "Old enough to bleed. Old enough to bread" defence.  Man you are on your game tonight
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2021, 01:09:15 am »
Ah,,,The "Old enough to bleed. Old enough to bread" defence.  Man you are on your game tonight

LOL
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2021, 01:30:43 am »
Most of these republicans showed us they were traitors to America.  99 % are RINO'S.  Mike Pence?   Wm. Barr.  What is wrong with these  people? 

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2021, 01:32:53 am »
Most of these republicans showed us they were traitors to America.  99 % are RINO'S.  Mike Pence?   Wm. Barr.  What is wrong with these  people?

they sold their souls

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2021, 01:35:01 am »
they sold their souls

... to the company store...

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer

Offline corbe

« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2021, 01:46:00 am »
SIXTEEN TONS | Low Bass Singer Cover

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzlT80jQ3lo
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2021, 03:08:53 am »
We all know why Gaetz is being targeted. Only a fool would ignore it. It's a "get in line, you peons, or else" kind of move.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2021, 03:19:09 am »
We all know why Gaetz is being targeted. Only a fool would ignore it. It's a "get in line, you peons, or else" kind of move.

Roy Moore Redux.

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2021, 04:54:26 am »
Democrats move on relentlessly,in over their heads in scandals and untouched by consequences and proud lock-steppers.  Republicans having been taught to compromise and bi-partisan cave to democrats and globalist taking them to the wood shed, and divided by democrats wearing Republican clothing in their midst.  The weird part is people turning their backs on Republicans who seek some sense and moralty but keep getting betrayed are offensive.  The Epstein walk around with their heads up high, betraying their Country for love of Russian and Chinese money, let along globalist lead by Geo. nazi Soros.  Republican are offensive because they are not total sell-outs to their nation like Democrat lock-steppers?
  How did so many Americans get so mentally/spiritually depraved???  Sick, sick puppies!
 :smokin: :smokin: :smokin:    ****slapping :yowsa:
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Offline Killer Clouds

« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2021, 03:26:37 pm »
Years ago a friend of mine's 16yo daughter ran away with a 19yo boy. The cop that came out and took the report told me 15 will get you 20 but 16yo is just a good piece of a$$. That they could do nothing about a 16yo.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2021, 03:27:28 pm by Killer Clouds »

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2021, 03:33:11 pm »
Roy Moore Redux.

:yowsa: And it will never stop as long as it keeps working!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2021, 04:58:07 pm »
@roamer_1

I am writing to you on the new small HP computer; it is a 14 inch and a wonderful device.
If Gaetz is proven to be guilty of human trafficking, he will be in prison the rest of his life.
My son's intended is an officer of  "Stop the Traffik", based in London.  It is a multi-country group and is in the US.
Will send you a PM about that.       

https://www.stopthetraffik.org/

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2021, 06:14:15 pm »
@roamer_1

I am writing to you on the new small HP computer; it is a 14 inch and a wonderful device.
If Gaetz is proven to be guilty of human trafficking, he will be in prison the rest of his life.
My son's intended is an officer of  "Stop the Traffik", based in London.  It is a multi-country group and is in the US.
Will send you a PM about that.       

https://www.stopthetraffik.org/

I will predict he will never see a day in court. He will however, be defamed and convicted in the public square, and forced to resign in order to defend himself. And therein lies the power of waggin tongues. And that is why I will wait for actual evidence in an actual court of law.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2021, 06:25:13 pm »
I will predict he will never see a day in court. He will however, be defamed and convicted in the public square, and forced to resign in order to defend himself. And therein lies the power of waggin tongues. And that is why I will wait for actual evidence in an actual court of law.

Yep! Just like Roy Moore, Tom DeLay, Ted Stevens, and several others.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #20 on: April 03, 2021, 06:26:15 pm »
Yep! Just like Roy Moore, Tom DeLay, Ted Stevens, and several others.

Exactly

Offline skeeter

« Reply #21 on: April 03, 2021, 06:30:04 pm »
And the GOPe will lift not a finger to support him.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #22 on: April 03, 2021, 06:33:32 pm »

That is a given up front!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline bilo

« Reply #23 on: April 03, 2021, 06:55:04 pm »

:amen:

Until someone produces real proof of a crime I could care less what the leftist media say.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #24 on: April 03, 2021, 07:03:54 pm »

Certainly not. If it is like Roy Moore, they are behind it.