Author Topic: Joe Biden DOT Halts Texas Highway Project Using the Civil Rights Act  (Read 392 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Jacob Bliss  1 Apr 2021

President Joe Biden’s Department of Transportation (DOT) has paused a highway widening project in Houston, Texas, citing Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 as legal justification.

In what could be a first for any administration in this context, the Biden administration is using its federal powers to pause the Texas DOT plan to widen Interstate 45. The administration is doing this as a test to address what it calls a history of “government-driven racial inequalities.”

This comes after complaints from local activities during the federal DOT’s intervention period. The proposed plan, known as the North Houston Highway Improvement Project, is proposed to widen I-45 at three different sections.

The Texas DOT’s completed environmental review of the project in February found it would have a significant impact on the surrounding communities the highway currently runs through. It would reportedly displace a substantial number of black and Hispanic communities, including schools, places of worship, and more than 1,000 homes and businesses.

Biden’s transportation secretary, Pete Buttigieg, claims he will make what he calls “systemic racism” the centerpiece of his time at the department, consistent with Biden’s Executive Order 13985.

Title VI is part of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 that prohibits discrimination based on race, color, or national origin in programs that are receiving federal financial assistance.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2021/04/01/biden-dot-halts-texas-highway-project-using-the-civil-rights-act/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Re: Joe Biden DOT Halts Texas Highway Project Using the Civil Rights Act
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2021, 04:01:44 pm »
The price of accepting federal money.

Don't take it and do any damn thing you want to and dare them to do anything about it.

Texas needs to secede from this crap.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Idiot

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2021, 04:46:26 pm »
Not to worry as traffic congestion is not a problem in Houston. *****rollingeyes*****

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2021, 05:22:29 pm »

Don't take it and do any damn thing you want to and dare them to do anything about it.

:yowsa:   :amen:
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2021, 02:26:43 pm »

Texas needs to employ the 10th Amendment at every opportunity, and our Governor needs to get his balls out of the lockbox.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2021, 02:35:41 pm »
This is going to make a lot of friend for Biden and Buttgig in Texas.
Biden is just making friends all over the country with crap like this.
The next election should be 'interesting' for Democrats.
The Biden administration builds nothing, improves nothing, helps nothing, and does nothing.
All they do is halt, stop, cease and desist, all current ongoing projects and businesses across America.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online corbe

« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2021, 07:45:03 pm »
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2021, 08:49:31 pm »
This is going to make a lot of friend for Biden and Buttgig in Texas.
Biden is just making friends all over the country with crap like this.
The next election should be 'interesting' for Democrats.
The Biden administration builds nothing, improves nothing, helps nothing, and does nothing.
All they do is halt, stop, cease and desist, all current ongoing projects and businesses across America.

What happened to the 4 trillion dollars infrastructure plan?  RACE has zero to do with construction.  If people have homes in the way, AMENDMENT  5 is used. Eminate sp? Domain. People are compensated FMV for their homes. It happened to my ex-husband.  That is just what happens.  They are widening a road?  Now it is RACIST!  I can't stand their thinking.
It is luck of the draw.  OR NOT.  Depends on where you live.  NOT RACISM. Normal people, get it. P.S.  NO MORE ELECTIONS.  WE ARE DONE. Why do people talk about 'elections'?   
« Last Edit: April 03, 2021, 08:50:23 pm by LegalAmerican »