Author Topic: Capitol buzz: Schumer about to push federal legalization of marijuana  (Read 1276 times)

Offline Sled Dog

• The Ultimate Weapon: Freedom - I Won't
Re: Capitol buzz: Schumer about to push federal legalization of marijuana
« Reply #25 on: April 04, 2021, 06:34:50 am »
Read an article a few weeks ago about White House Staff candidates who were disqualified for marihuana use.
The article expounded on how silly and antiquated this policy is. This current bill could be at least in part a response to that.

That policy was neither silly nor antiquated.

People playing with marijuana NOW are violating federal law.   People with no respect for the law don't belong in the White House.

Just ask Joe.
The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #26 on: April 04, 2021, 06:51:09 am »
What I'm going to say here is likely not going to popular but say it I will.  Legalizing drugs takes most of the profit out of them so you need not worry about that ever happening IMHO.
Don't be silly. Profit is to be found in fentanyl, heroin, crack, blow, and a host of other drugs which will seem a little more passe once pot is legal. Pot isn't nearly as cost effective to ship, especially when the same number of kilos of fentanyl, Meth, or coke is worth so much more. Controlling the flow of legal pot helps organizations to control their flow of money, and if the local stash is grown locally, the level of control is higher, the 'food chain' shorter, and street weed won't be such a drain on the market and profits. (lotsa competition out there now).

Of course, it may have crossed Schumer's mind that the only way they're gonna keep their 'base, is to keep them too stoned to Blexit...or reason clearly.  Any time they want unrest, all they have to do is tighten supply and a lot of antsy people will be running around with harshed mellows, getting more irritable by the day. Throw in a few of the usual triggers, add a hefty helping of MSM sauce to the mix, and virtually any town, anywhere, can be burned out and looted in a week.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #27 on: April 04, 2021, 10:12:29 pm »
I wonder how this is going to work out for industries like the railroads, airlines, trucking companies, etc.

I can only speak for the railroad, but the FRA policy for train and engine employees that there could be no drug use on or OFF duty.
That means, none at all, not ever.
T&E were subject to random drug tests, and off-duty usage could be detected through such tests.

Aside:
I got caught for opium once (drug test after having a hard roll with poppy seeds on it for my supper). Had to talk to the head Company medical officer and have my arms examined for needle tracks (but still worked the next day).

Now we all know that alcohol, while legal, is also "banned", in that one cannot be under the influence on duty (they had breathalyzer tests, too).
But... its use was still permitted off duty (so long as one showed up for work NOT under such influence).

But what about marijuana?
How will the FRA (and other agencies such as the FAA) reconcile the fact that mj is now "legal" under federal law, but still forbid its off-duty usage?

Gonna have to see how that plays out.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #28 on: April 04, 2021, 11:39:13 pm »
I wonder how this is going to work out for industries like the railroads, airlines, trucking companies, etc.

I can only speak for the railroad, but the FRA policy for train and engine employees that there could be no drug use on or OFF duty.
T&E were subject to random drug tests, and off-duty usage could be detected through such tests.

Aside:
I got caught for opium once (drug test after having a hard roll with poppy seeds on it for my supper). Had to talk to the head Company medical officer and have my arms examined for needle tracks (but still worked the next day).

Now we all know that alcohol, while legal, is also "banned", in that one cannot be under the influence on duty (they had breathalyzer tests, too).
But... its use was still permitted off duty (so long as one showed up for work NOT under such influence).

How will the FRA (and other agencies such as the FAA) reconcile the fact that mj is now "legal" under federal law, but still forbid its off-duty usage?

Only problem with train engineers smoking pot?  Arrival times will all be delayed a few minutes.   :laugh:    :seeya:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #29 on: April 04, 2021, 11:48:05 pm »

Aside:

In high performance workplaces (where you only get one chance to get it right), at least until someone sues and prevails in one of the messed up courts of today, employers will be able to set a standard of zero tolerance as a condition of employment, just as they do now.

If they do not, well, I'm not flying on their plane or riding on their train, etc. (not that they'll let me on without a "vaccine passport", anyway).  All I can advise is to pay attention, avoid crowds, and always look for developing messes in time to see and avoid them.  At some point, stupidity will become an E.L.E., at least for those who decide to consistently practice it. Just try to not be part of the assemblage.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #30 on: April 04, 2021, 11:53:15 pm »
Now Chuckie might regret that one, as the drug lords have been making a lot of money on the sale of MJ.

We ALL know..it is to keep the masses zoned out and stupid.  Then, MORE DRUGS.  Gateway M.J. 
Plenty of ILLEGALS coming in, who make drugs. DRUG CARTEL.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=afDI5Uco-O0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qv7ILIS0uWE

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
« Reply #31 on: April 05, 2021, 04:35:21 am »
After surrendering your Constitutional rights, democrats will be willing to sell them back to you.....for a price.  WEN like    co-vid abridging peoples rights due to the conjured up excuses to take YOUR rights away.  The democrats are now willing to sell many of those rights back to you or trade them for other concessions like co-vid shots.  I spoke up at the beginning that this co-vid stampede had nasty ulterior motives, few listened.  Kind of like election fraud, many still not convinced, they will understand their embarrassment someday.
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Offline Sled Dog

• The Ultimate Weapon: Freedom - I Won't
« Reply #32 on: April 06, 2021, 01:13:49 am »

We ALL know..it is to keep the masses zoned out and stupid.  Then, MORE DRUGS.  Gateway M.J. 
Plenty of ILLEGALS coming in, who make drugs. DRUG CARTEL.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=afDI5Uco-O0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qv7ILIS0uWE

So....the DRUG Cartels will profit from making drugs legal, thereby ending the profits found in smuggling black market drugs?

How does that work?

If drugs are legal to use in the US, then it will be legal to sell them.   

How do the cartels profit on this?

The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #33 on: April 06, 2021, 01:23:05 am »

So....the DRUG Cartels will profit from making drugs legal, thereby ending the profits found in smuggling black market drugs?

How does that work?

If drugs are legal to use in the US, then it will be legal to sell them.   

How do the cartels profit on this?

You will need to do your own research. I just posted, WHAT IS COMING INTO AMERICA with drug cartel. MORE DRUGS. . I AM NOT WORRIED ABOUT "DRUG PROFITS."  I AM INTO HEALTHFUL LIVING. They want you zoned out. Zombie.

Look at Schumer. Hallucinating.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpuR_KdVy-s

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #34 on: April 06, 2021, 02:02:59 am »
D.C. Is ‘Ready’ To Legalize Marijuana Sales As Soon As Congress Gets Out Of The Way, Mayor Says

Marijuana Moment by Kyle Jaeger 4/5/2021

https://www.marijuanamoment.net/d-c-is-ready-to-legalize-marijuana-sales-as-soon-as-congress-gets-out-of-the-way-mayor-says/

The mayor of Washington, D.C. says local officials are prepared to move forward with implementing a legal system of recreational marijuana sales in the nation’s capital just as soon as they can get over the final “hurdle” of congressional interference.

Mayor Muriel Bowser (D) introduced a cannabis commerce bill in February—and members of the District Council are now considering that as well as a separate proposal put forward by Chairman Phil Mendelson (D) last month.

In an interview on WAMU’s Politics Hour on Friday, Bowser was asked about the competing pieces of legislation and said “I think we’re ready from our end.”

More at link.

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #35 on: April 06, 2021, 02:15:55 am »
Trucking wants to take marijuana head-on

American Trucker by Josh Fisher Oct 10, 2019

https://www.trucker.com/regulations/article/21747827/trucking-wants-to-take-marijuana-headon

More Americans have access to legal weed than ever before. ATA wants to stress highway safety and the need for a federal policy on this emerging issue.

American Trucking Associations is looking to take the lead in how U.S. businesses adapt to legal weed, noting that there is more to learn about its effects. The ATA Board of Directors created new policies this week that calls for a common-sense approach to liberalizing marijuana laws — in the name of safety. And since every state has different cannabis laws, ATA wants the federal government to change its approach.

“But we also need to be sure that when we get more data and more information on this, we can change too,” Enos said. “Because the question is: Is someone impaired if they tested positive for marijuana? Because it stays in your system for 30 days. That’s the crux of the issue, right? You may not be impaired. I know if I had seven or eight whiskeys the other night, (I’d be) feeling pretty rough the next day — but we’d know, physiologically, 24 hours later, I am going to be fine. We don’t know where that is in marijuana and I think that is the biggest challenge that we have today.”

On the final day of the management conference here in southern California, ATA endorsed four specific new policies and recommendations as the U.S. adapts to a world with more weed:

•   ATA says employers need to retain the right to test for marijuana if they determine that use could adversely affect safety;

•   Federal restrictions on marijuana research need to be lifted and more research is needed on marijuana’s impact on impairment, especially in conjunction with other substances;

•   ATA is backing development oral fluid testing and impairment standards;

•   It is also calling for the creation of a marijuana victim’s compensation fund — paid for by dispensaries, cultivators and manufacturers.

“An employee in certain states can use marijuana on the weekend, come to work on Monday, have a random drug test and lose his employment and his way to make a living,” Sumerford said. “Whether that is right or wrong in people’s minds, I think it’s something that’s got to be addressed because the problem’s coming (trucking's) way.”

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #36 on: April 06, 2021, 02:47:36 am »
Roman Empire.....DIES AGAIN. 

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
« Reply #37 on: April 06, 2021, 04:28:20 am »
Evil wickednesses abound in every direction, aided and abetted  by the democrat party, who is financed by a very hostile China, Russia, and global ultra-rich elites, and all this while democrats supposedly fought the war against the rich for 50 years (so they said).  This isn't just about the rich anymore, but the damned of the ultra rich and their stooge politicians  on leashes.

When more illegal drugs are legalized, more and more people will see their loved ones inseparable in twisted, smashed, crushed vehicles, and many of the deniers upon seeing their loved ones needlessly dead will have a Come To Jesus moment AND SAY, i REALLY DIDN'T THINK I HAD MY HEAD THAT FAR UP MY AZZ OVER ILLEGAL DRUGS.
  Of course many of us realize that much now, we don't need to see our loved ones that way to move beyond clueless.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2021, 06:52:09 am by christian »
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #38 on: April 07, 2021, 03:03:12 am »
Only problem with train engineers smoking pot?  Arrival times will all be delayed a few minutes.   :laugh:    :seeya:

I always like to say how about your surgeon?  Your dentist?  Your banker?   School bus drivers?  Fire fighters?  POLICE?  If it's legal, what are you going to say?  People think, people will be honorable?  lol

Offline corbe

« Reply #39 on: April 07, 2021, 03:13:22 am »
   I've smoked pot with Cops and School Bus Drivers.
   Everything in Moderation @LegalAmerican even Moderation.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.