Author Topic: Pelosi says Ethics Committee should investigate Gaetz  (Read 202 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Pelosi says Ethics Committee should investigate Gaetz
« on: April 01, 2021, 10:24:27 pm »
Pelosi says Ethics Committee should investigate Gaetz
By Mike Lillis - 04/01/21 03:49 PM EDT

Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) suggested Thursday that the Ethics Committee should launch an investigation into allegations that Rep. Matt Gaetz (R-Fla.) engaged in sexual relations with an underaged girl, a case currently under investigation by the Justice Department.

Pelosi emphasized that if the allegations prove to be true, Gaetz would be subject to criminal penalties falling outside the jurisdiction of Congress to punish its own members, including efforts to strip transgressive lawmakers of committee assignments.

But citing the importance of maintaining "the integrity of the Congress," Pelosi indicated that the Ethics panel could examine the allegations while the Department of Justice continues its probe.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/house/546052-pelosi-says-ethics-committee-should-investigate-gaetz-sex-charges
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Sled Dog

• The Ultimate Weapon: Freedom - I Won't
Re: Pelosi says Ethics Committee should investigate Gaetz
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2021, 10:27:25 pm »
The notion that Gaetz was serving as an informer in an FBI sting against the Rodents is becoming more believable with every passing day.

Congress has no integrity.   There's Democrats in there.
The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.

Offline Polly Ticks

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2021, 10:41:05 pm »
[...]Congress has no integrity. [...]

Right?

"But citing the importance of maintaining "the integrity of the Congress," ....     :rolling:
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2021, 11:00:28 pm »
I've noticed that 99.44% of what Nancy Pelosi says is 100% bovine fecal matter!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien