Author Topic: Gaetz, on the ropes, finds few friends in GOP  (Read 604 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Gaetz, on the ropes, finds few friends in GOP
« on: March 31, 2021, 09:52:39 pm »
Gaetz, on the ropes, finds few friends in GOP

By Juliegrace Brufke and Mike Lillis - 03/31/21 05:33 PM EDT

In four years on Capitol Hill Rep. Matt Gaetz (R-Fla.) has experienced a meteoric rise to national prominence — one fueled by a close alliance with former President Trump, a penchant for political theatrics and a no-apologies brand of conservatism that’s made him a darling of the right-wing cable outlets.

Yet this week, facing a federal investigation into allegations of a sexual relationship with an underage girl, Gaetz is finding himself in an unusual spot: on the ropes and virtually alone.

Few of Gaetz’s GOP colleagues are coming to the defense of the third-term Floridian in the wake of a New York Times report that the Department of Justice is investigating allegations of sexual misconduct with — and interstate trafficking of — a minor roughly two years ago. And a number of Republicans, while warning against jumping to premature conclusions about Gaetz’s conduct, also suggested they wouldn’t miss him if he were gone.

“I don’t know anything about this situation other than to say he has certainly made enemies and painted a bullseye on his back,” said one Republican lawmaker, who requested anonymity to speak freely on a sensitive topic. “This appears to be a self-inflicted wound.”

Gaetz has vehemently denied he had a sexual relationship with a 17-year-old-girl — the central allegation of the Justice Department probe, which was launched under the Trump administration. Gaetz contends that he and his family have been targeted by a former DOJ official in an extortion scheme seeking millions of dollars to have the allegations vanish.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/house/545850-gaetz-on-the-ropes-finds-few-friends-in-gop
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Re: Gaetz, on the ropes, finds few friends in GOP
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2021, 09:57:16 pm »
It will make for a good Netflix orignal movie in any case.  Produced by the Obama production company. Get whitey productions.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2021, 10:03:16 pm »
Only the hack "The Hill" would characterize Gaetz as "on the ropes." This effort by NYT to destroy him may well fall apart.
U.S. Attorney Letter Confirms Rep. Gaetz’s Version of Events in Bizarre ‘Sex Trafficking’ Story.
    March 31, 2021
Staff Writer

A statement from Assistant U.S. Attorney David Goldberg confirms Rep. Matt Gaetz’s claim that the Federal Bureau of Investigations was investigating extortion claims in response to a New York Times article accusing the congressman of sex trafficking.

In an email between Rep.  Gaetz’s father’s lawyer and Goldberg, the Assistant U.S. Attorney confirms the Federal Bureau of Investigation’s (FBI) involvement: “I can confirm that your client is working with my office as well as the FBI at the government’s request in order to determine if a federal crime has been committed. This has been discussed with, and approved by, the FBI as well as the leadership of my office and components of Main Justice.” ...
The National Pulse
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online mountaineer

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2021, 10:15:08 pm »
TheMorningSpew2    @TheMorningSpew2·
23m
@RepMattGaetz was a victim of extortion that may go as far as the Biden administration. Documents detail wild alleged $25 million Gaetz extortion scheme
5:49 PM · Mar 31, 2021
Washington Examiner
Documents detail wild alleged $25M Gaetz extortion scheme
by Joseph Simonson, Political Reporter & Emily Brooks, Political Reporter |
 | March 31, 2021 04:50 PM

Rep. Matt Gaetz possesses text message screenshots, an email, and a typed document that purportedly support his claims that a federal investigation into his relationship with a 17-year-old is related to an extortion scheme against him.

On Tuesday, the New York Times reported that the Justice Department is investigating whether Gaetz had a sexual relationship with a 17-year-old and paid her to travel with him. Gaetz has called the report "totally false." Gaetz told Axios that his lawyers told him that he "was not a target but a subject of an investigation regarding sexual conduct with women."

The Florida Republican countered the report on Twitter and in statements to Axios and Fox News with a claim that his family is being extorted for $25 million and that the people pushing stories about an investigation into his relationships with women are the people extorting him and the subjects of an FBI extortion investigation over the last few weeks.

The documents in Gaetz's possession detail an alleged scheme that revolves around attempts by former Air Force intelligence officer Bob Kent and Beggs & Lane attorney David McGee, a former federal prosecutor, to free ex-FBI agent-turned-private investigator Robert Levinson from imprisonment in Iran.  ...

The Project Homecoming document states that Gaetz is “under investigation by the FBI for various public corruption and public integrity issues” and alleges that the FBI is aware of photos depicting Gaetz in a “sexual orgy with underage prostitutes.”

“In exchange for the funds being arranged, and upon the release of Mr. Levinson, the team that delivers Mr. Levinson to the President of The United States shall strongly advocate that President Biden issue a Presidential Pardon, or instruct the Department of Justice to terminate any and all investigations involving Congressman Gaetz," the document reads.  ...
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Sled Dog

• The Ultimate Weapon: Freedom - I Won't
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2021, 12:49:12 am »
I agree that Gaetz should leave the House.

As soon as all the Rodents similarly accused of sexual misconduct go before him.   Swalwell and his Chinese spy honey-trap and the rest of the disgusting trash.

Otherwise the Rodents are being rewarded again for their hypocrisy.

Unless...what if Governor DeSantis tapped Alan West for a stand-in?
The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2021, 05:39:20 am »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Longiron

« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2021, 04:08:23 pm »
I agree that Gaetz should leave the House.

As soon as all the Rodents similarly accused of sexual misconduct go before him.   Swalwell and his Chinese spy honey-trap and the rest of the disgusting trash.

Otherwise the Rodents are being rewarded again for their hypocrisy.

Unless...what if Governor DeSantis tapped Alan West for a stand-in?

Allen West now head of the RINO Party in Texas or at least running for the position??

Offline Longiron

« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2021, 04:11:43 pm »
The Washington Post Admits Matt Gaetz Is Telling the Truth, and Their Spin Is Just Incredible

Gaetz is effective and thus MUST be taken down.

Gaetz if guilty will resign as they all do to spend more time with the family or some other BS when they get caught. Notice how McCarthy RINO and 100% member of the UNIPARTY threw him under the bus 5 minutes after this hit the media. And they want everyone to think their is a 2 party SYSTEM and we the people believe those Professional Liars???

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2021, 05:23:24 pm »
The Washington Post Admits Matt Gaetz Is Telling the Truth, and Their Spin Is Just Incredible

Gaetz is effective and thus MUST be taken down.

The FBI will shitcan the Extortion investigation.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

BassWrangler

« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2021, 05:52:06 pm »
Gaetz if guilty will resign as they all do to spend more time with the family or some other BS when they get caught. Notice how McCarthy RINO and 100% member of the UNIPARTY threw him under the bus 5 minutes after this hit the media. And they want everyone to think their is a 2 party SYSTEM and we the people believe those Professional Liars???

yes, I'm so tired of Republican pre-mature surrender. They must all be of French ancestry.

If Gates is guilty, he should resign. If he's not guilty, he should tell the Democrats and the media to go f*ck themselves and stick to his guns.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2021, 05:57:11 pm »
The FBI will shitcan the Extortion investigation.

More than likey.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2021, 06:01:07 pm »
Says more about the GOP than it does about Gaetz.

Online Polly Ticks

« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2021, 06:01:17 pm »
If he's not guilty, he should tell the Democrats and the media to go f*ck themselves and stick to his guns.

So far, that's what he's been doing. 

I guess we'll see.  Either more evidence will come to light, or the whole story will go the way of the Boulder King Sooper shooter.
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2021, 06:08:21 pm »
More than likely.

I'm certain.  I'd bet one of my gold-plated C-Notes.

For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2021, 06:19:33 pm »
I'm certain.  I'd bet one of my gold-plated C-Notes.

I would not be interested in covering that bet.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2021, 06:20:10 pm »
Says more about the GOP than it does about Gaetz.

:yowsa: absolutely!  Someone at the RNC called me yesterday.  I'll be he is still regretting making that call.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2021, 06:21:27 pm by Bigun »

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Longiron

« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2021, 07:16:42 pm »
yes, I'm so tired of Republican pre-mature surrender. They must all be of French ancestry.

If Gates is guilty, he should resign. If he's not guilty, he should tell the Democrats and the media to go f*ck themselves and stick to his guns.

So True! We will see? :yowsa:

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2021, 07:28:11 pm »
Considering running for office as a Republican; A Primer.

1.   The first thing you will need to do is find someone willing to be your campaign treasurer. Needs to be someone with accounting training with the time to deal with the reams of paperwork involved.

2.   Next you will need to get your name on the ballot. There are two ways this can be done. Submit a petition with the required number of registered voter’s signatures along with the required filing documents which require the naming of the person who is selected for the role mentioned in item 1. or pay the required filing fee (currently $2500.00 for a congressional seat I think).

3.   Hire a Campaign consultant to help you define the issues you intend to run on, guide and direct where you should be and when you should be there, help you with fundraising, etc., etc.

Things you should expect to happen shortly after you have successfully filed.

1.   Expect to get a LOT of phone calls from various members of the lobby requesting a meeting with you WRT a possible campaign donation.  (These folks may or may not tell you that they are lobbyist but they all are regardless)

2.   Once you have met with a few of these people and answered their questions one of two things is going to happen.  Either the checks will begin to roll in or they won’t. (If you are running against an incumbent, in most cases you can count on that being the latter in which case you will be entirely on your own WRT raising money.  Good luck with that!

3.   The media is a minefield! BE CAREFUL in talking to them or providing them with information about yourself.

4.   In short order the above-mentioned lobby will have decided who the candidate is going to be and that will be that whether or not YOU know it.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline conservativevoter

« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2021, 07:50:05 pm »
 Why is a Dimorat  like the scumbag Hunter Biden  allowed to get away with so much, but an bleep can make an accusation of a Florida Repuiblican with no repercussion?   :thud: