Author Topic: McConnell says Biden called him to discuss infrastructure plan  (Read 252 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
McConnell says Biden called him to discuss infrastructure plan
By Jordain Carney - 03/31/21 12:21 PM EDT

Senate GOP Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) said on Wednesday that President Biden called him this week to talk about a forthcoming infrastructure proposal, while appearing skeptical that he would ultimately support it.

"He called me about it yesterday," McConnell told reporters in Kentucky about his talk with Biden.

The phone conversation comes after McConnell signaled last week that the two had largely not talked since Biden's inauguration on Jan. 20.

Biden is traveling to Pittsburgh on Wednesday to unveil his roughly $2 trillion plan that includes transportation infrastructure, modern infrastructure like broadband and upgrading buildings, and funding innovation and research and development of future technologies.

Biden is proposing paying for the bill by increasing the corporate tax rate to 28 percent, as well as establishing a minimum global tax. The 2017 GOP tax bill previously lowered the corporate tax rate from 35 percent to 21 percent.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/545769-mcconnell-says-biden-called-him-to-discuss-infrastructure-plan
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Sled Dog

• The Ultimate Weapon: Freedom - I Won't
Re: McConnell says Biden called him to discuss infrastructure plan
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2021, 05:30:20 pm »
And so McConnell is going to sell us out, again, for how much?

I don't mean the inevitable tax increases and regulatory nightmares, that is why the Rodents stole the election in the first place and why the RINOs helped them, but where's McConnell's private profit point here?

And WTH is a "minimum global tax"?   I guess I won't be buying any spherical maps of the world in the future?
« Last Edit: March 31, 2021, 05:31:27 pm by Sled Dog »
The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.