Author Topic: This showed up on my Iphone yesterday  (Read 801 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
This showed up on my Iphone yesterday
« on: March 31, 2021, 04:04:19 pm »
My husband and I ea got this on our Iphones...

« Last Edit: March 31, 2021, 04:08:38 pm by mystery-ak »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline roamer_1

Re: This showed up on my Iphone yesterday
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2021, 04:07:03 pm »
None  for  me, thanks   **nononono*

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2021, 04:07:11 pm »
That is beyond creepy. Just how does Apple/IPhone know you are coming in contact with other poisitive cases?  GPS?  How does an iPhone even know some else have a positive test?
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline deb

• Sinner saved by grace.
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2021, 04:08:44 pm »
Big BIG brother.  **nononono*
Brothers, sisters, come on down to that river
Guaranteed you'll never be the same
There's a fountain flowing from the heart of the Savior
Bring your sins and all your guilty stains
Let that river of life wash it all away

River of Life - Mac Powell

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2021, 04:09:45 pm »
That is beyond creepy. Just how does Apple/IPhone know you are coming in contact with other poisitive cases?  GPS?  How does an iPhone even know some else have a positive test?

No idea...I was shocked to see this and obviously not activating it.
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2021, 04:37:48 pm »
IIRC they added that feature with the initial release if iOS 14.  Won't be long before it's turned on automatically with no way to shut it off.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline thackney

« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2021, 04:41:11 pm »

Seems like a positive covid test would have to be tied to a phone number for this to work.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2021, 04:42:32 pm »
IIRC they added that feature with the initial release if iOS 14.  Won't be long before it's turned on automatically with no way to shut it off.

While at dinner last night Mike asked me if I got the latest update..so I looked and saw this first...then checked for an update which for some reason did not automatically update..so I did it....this *ap* was there before my ios14 update...
Support the USO

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2021, 04:45:42 pm »
The app/feature/whatchamacallit seems to be a way for the data collector - the local health department, not Cupertino's Deciduous Fruit Computer Company - to notify people a Covid-positive person says they had been around. Hypothetically, it could work if your family name is not too common, but if your family name is Smith, Garcia, Wong, Kim, etc., false alarm notifications would be frequent.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline thackney

« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2021, 04:45:59 pm »
Apple and Google partner on COVID-19 contact tracing technology
https://www.apple.com/newsroom/2020/04/apple-and-google-partner-on-covid-19-contact-tracing-technology/
April 10, 2020

Take a first look at Apple and Google's ambitious new COVID-19 contact tracing technology that will send you a notification if you were near someone who has the coronavirus
https://www.businessinsider.com/apple-google-covid-19-contact-tracing-smartphone-screenshots-2020-5
May 4, 2020

...he technology is meant to be incorporated with apps made by government health agencies, which will be responsible for verifying and logging people's COVID-19 status.
Every device will have a unique "diagnosis key" that health agencies can use to verify people's COVID-19 status....

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2021, 04:52:01 pm »
Seems like a positive covid test would have to be tied to a phone number for this to work.

Plausibly, but I would have thought HIPPA laws would have prevented dissemination of that kind of data.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline thackney

« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2021, 04:57:36 pm »
Plausibly, but I would have thought HIPPA laws would have prevented dissemination of that kind of data.

Building an App to Notify Users of COVID-19 Exposure
https://developer.apple.com/documentation/exposurenotification/building_an_app_to_notify_users_of_covid-19_exposure

...Users must explicitly authorize an app to use Exposure Notifications. The ENManager class provides information on the user’s authorization status and requests authorization. The project has a singleton class called ExposureManager that instantiates and manages the life cycle of an ENManager object. During init, It calls activate(completionHandler:) on ENManager, then checks the callback to find out if Exposure Notifications is enabled. If it isn’t, ExposureManager attempts to enable it....

...The app stores information about test results and high-risk exposures in the user defaults directory. The local data is private and stays on the device....

...The sample app demonstrates a strategy in which a recognized medical authority tested the user and found positive COVID-19 indicators. The sample app provides a way for users to enter an authentication code, but doesn’t submit this data to an authentication service, so all codes automatically pass....

- - - - - - - -

Looks like it is voluntary, at least for now.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2021, 08:18:44 pm »
Looks like it is voluntary, at least for now.

Then they will nag you with it till you give in and say OK.. Just to shut it up.

Kinda like Location. Try leaving location off for any amount of time. Everything you DO starts bawling for it.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2021, 10:20:23 pm »
mystery wrote (about her iPhone):
"...then checked for an update which for some reason did not automatically update.."

I'm a Mac OS user. I can solve almost any Mac problem any user of this forum might have. (and I'm not bragging)

Having said that I don't use iOS, because I don't own a smartphone.

HOWEVER...
A piece of advice I always give to Mac users is:
TURN OFF any options you have to "auto-update" on the Mac.
Auto-updating can produce unintended results.
As the device owner, YOU should be the one "controlling the updating process".

I would make that same recommendation to iOS users, if the possibility exists to disable auto updates on iPhones and iPads.
As I said, I don't own any of these devices, so I don't know whether or not that's possible.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2021, 10:26:16 pm »
mystery wrote (about her iPhone):
"...then checked for an update which for some reason did not automatically update.."

I'm a Mac OS user. I can solve almost any Mac problem any user of this forum might have. (and I'm not bragging)

Having said that I don't use iOS, because I don't own a smartphone.

HOWEVER...
A piece of advice I always give to Mac users is:
TURN OFF any options you have to "auto-update" on the Mac.
Auto-updating can produce unintended results.
As the device owner, YOU should be the one "controlling the updating process".

I would make that same recommendation to iOS users, if the possibility exists to disable auto updates on iPhones and iPads.
As I said, I don't own any of these devices, so I don't know whether or not that's possible.

@Fisherman
Yes, you can turn off automatic updates which I just did...thanks for the advice
Support the USO

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2021, 01:52:47 pm »
Kinda like Location. Try leaving location off for any amount of time. Everything you DO starts bawling for it.
A friend of mine was appalled to see Apple tracking and recording his every move. When he realized that included trips to the gun store and shooting range - and sharing the info with who-knows-who, he turned off the location app. And constructed a Faraday "cage" for his phone.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2021, 03:08:30 pm »
... And constructed a Faraday "cage" for his phone.

A Faraday cage would render his phone entirely inoperable, not just block location information. Maybe he should just leave his cell phone home when he goes places he doesn't want his iPhone or GoogPhone to know about (I'm sure Android has a similar location feature to work with Google Maps and other apps).
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2021, 04:16:03 pm »
He's aware of the effect of the Faraway cage. He just doesn't want Apple recording the route he takes. Perhaps receiving calls is secondary.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2021, 03:01:36 am »
A friend of mine was appalled to see Apple tracking and recording his every move. When he realized that included trips to the gun store and shooting range - and sharing the info with who-knows-who, he turned off the location app. And constructed a Faraday "cage" for his phone.

Yeah... There are times I shut off my phone and throw it in a specially constructed faraday box in my truck.. Looong before i turn in the direction I need to go... I need not tell you ALL them times, but any time I intend to purchase a weapon of any sort, there it goes.  :laugh:

And btw, that only works for me because my truck is old enough that it can't tell on me neither.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2021, 03:04:53 am »
A Faraday cage would render his phone entirely inoperable, not just block location information. Maybe he should just leave his cell phone home when he goes places he doesn't want his iPhone or GoogPhone to know about (I'm sure Android has a similar location feature to work with Google Maps and other apps).

I have a faraday box. I just shut the phone off, throw it in the box, and take off for my super-secret hidey hole... Wherever that happens to be. On the way back, in the same place I turned it off, I will turn it back on again. That's a whole lot less inconvenient than having to go all the way back home.

Online corbe

« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2021, 03:51:34 am »
   Obviously you don't have a Car Warranty.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #21 on: April 02, 2021, 03:56:36 am »

I sure don't I have never had a new car (or even fairly new) in my entire life. I bought my newest car, which is my mini van in or around '12, and it's a '98

I am a tinker. I can fix anything. So I buy it broke and fix it, and save a ton, every time.

Offline thackney

« Reply #22 on: April 02, 2021, 06:41:04 pm »

Not a problem.  In the next 15 minutes someone will call to sell him one.