Author Topic: A Migrant Girl Drowns In The Rio Grande And Corporate Media Shrug  (Read 154 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 A Migrant Girl Drowns In The Rio Grande And Corporate Media Shrug

The border crisis is turning deadly. On March 20, a nine-year-old girl drowned in the Rio Grande. Why aren’t major media outlets more interested?

By John Daniel Davidson
March 31, 2021

On the evening of March 20 in Eagle Pass, Texas, a small town on the U.S.-Mexico border about 150 miles west of San Antonio, U.S. Border Patrol agents on riverine patrol were flagged down by people on the Mexican side of the river. They alerted the agents to a woman and her two small children, a boy and a girl, lying unconscious on a sandbar near the south side of the riverbank.

The agents, with the help of Eagle Pass Fire Department EMTs, were able to resuscitate the woman and the boy, a toddler, who was hypothermic and semi-conscious by the time Border Patrol got him safely to shore. But the other child, a nine-year-old girl, was dead.

“We tried everything to bring her back. We tried for 20 or 30 minutes,” said Eagle Pass Fire Chief Manuel Mello when I reached him by phone on Monday. The waters of the Rio Grande are cold this time of year, he said, in the low sixties at sundown, and deceptively fast-moving in places.

They pronounced the girl dead right there on the riverbank. The boy was taken to a hospital in San Antonio, and, as far as Mello knows, his mother went with him. Mello said there was no sign of other migrants in the area or a group they might have been with. “It was just those three.”

It’s unclear how the woman, a Guatemalan national, and her children, both Mexican, came to be unconscious on that sandbar. It’s also unclear who flagged down Border Patrol from Piedras Negras, the Mexican town that faces Eagle Pass.

This didn’t happen in a remote area of the border, but close to the two international bridges and ports of entry downtown. So it could have been anyone, possibly even cartel-associated smugglers who have been ferrying migrants across the river at a feverish pace these past two months.

more
https://thefederalist.com/2021/03/31/a-migrant-girl-drowns-in-the-rio-grande-and-corporate-media-shrug/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Re: A Migrant Girl Drowns In The Rio Grande And Corporate Media Shrug
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2021, 02:33:34 pm »
Imagine of this same girl had drown during the Trump administration. 

I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2021, 02:43:20 pm »
Imagine of this same girl had drown during the Trump administration.

Yep! It would have been impossible to get away from the noise.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Sled Dog

• The Ultimate Weapon: Freedom - I Won't
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2021, 05:53:19 pm »
Who pays for the wasted EMT services, the US taxpayers or Mexico?

(as if I didn't already know)

They won't drown in the Rio Grande if they stay home and try to solve their own country's problems instead of compounding ours.

The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.