Author Topic: Abbott Sends Letter To Vice President Kamala Harris Demanding Answers, Action On Humanitarian Border  (Read 413 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
The Orange Leader by Dawn Burleigh 3/30/2021

Abbott Sends Letter To Vice President Kamala Harris Demanding Answers, Action On Humanitarian Border Crisis

Governor Greg Abbott today sent a letter to Vice President — and newly named Border Czar — Kamala Harris demanding answers and swift action from the Biden Administration to address the ongoing humanitarian crisis at the border. In the letter, the Governor also urges Vice President Harris to visit the border to see the crisis for herself.

The Governor is urging the administration to interview every unaccompanied minor coming across the border to determine if any child has been harmed, groomed, or victimized by human traffickers in any way. Governor Abbott demanded that Vice President Harris and the Biden Administration make clear what they are doing to prosecute human traffickers and address the surge in border crossings.

“Now that President Biden has named you Border Czar in charge of the administration’s response, I want to express to you the threats and challenges caused by this administration’s open border policies,” said Governor Abbott. “These policies embolden and enrich cartels, smugglers, and human traffickers who continue to ramp up their criminal operations. Given your new role as the administration’s Border Czar, I urge you to visit the border to see the crisis for yourself, and I implore the Biden administration to take swift action to secure the border, crack down on human trafficking, and prevent more children from being trafficked and abused.”

More: https://www.orangeleader.com/2021/03/30/abbott-sends-letter-to-vice-president-kamala-harris-demanding-answers-action-on-humanitarian-border-crisis/

Offline thackney

For weeks, the State of Texas has repeatedly sought answers from the Biden administration on
several key questions that will help combat this crisis, yet these questions remain unanswered.
Americans need answers, so I again ask:

• Who is assisting these children as they travel through Mexico and cross the U.S. border?

• u.S. Department of Homeland Security Secretary Mayorkas has acknowledged that many
of these children have been abused or harmed during their journeys. What is the
administration doing to eliminate that harm?

• Were these children forced to carry contraband into the United States?

• Were these children or their families assisted, coerced, and threatened by cartel members
or human traffickers?

• The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services has vaguely suggested that these
children are screened by appropriately trained personnel to identify potential victims of
abuse, assault, and trafficking, but has provided no further information. What screening
is being done? When is that screening taking place and by whom? Are these children
being provided a thorough medical screening that may separately identify abuse and
assault?

• How many victims of physical abuse, sexual assault, or trafficking has the administration
identified?

• Is the federal government using DNA tests to confirm familial relations? How else is the
administration ensuring that these children are being released to safe, trustworthy adults?

• What specific measures can the administration point to that confirm that these children
are not released to human traffickers in the United States?

• What action is your administration taking to prosecute those who traffic unaccompanied
minors?
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline PeteS in CA

It's already in her circular file. Kammie checked the map and found that the US is an island and therefore doesn't have a border with Mexico.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Unusually combative for Abbott.  Probably in damge control and politicial rebuilding mode since Freeze disaster.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline thackney

Unusually combative for Abbott.  Probably in damge control and politicial rebuilding mode since Freeze disaster.

Agreed.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline Sled Dog

• The Ultimate Weapon: Freedom - I Won't
Camel's Butt can't go to Texas.  She has to stay within arm's reach of Biden's backside, just in case she needs him to say something.
The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
I hope Mr. Cruz included a stamped, self-addressed envelope with his letter.
Because kamala sutra and co. wouldn't waste any postage by troubling themselves with a reply...