Author Topic: Here's Percentage Of Americans Who Want To See Country Broken Up Into Regional Unions  (Read 496 times)

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Nassau Daily Voice by Kristin Palpini 04/03/2021

Here's Percentage Of Americans Who Want To See Country Broken Up Into Regional Unions

The United States is feeling a lot less united lately.

A new study that asked Americans whether they support dividing the country into regions found almost one-third of adults think it would be a good idea.

Conducted by the political science research project Bright Line Watch at Rochester University, the study found that 3 in 10 citizens (29 percent) said they’d support their state seceding from the union.

Pollsters said they were encouraged to ask the question due to national discord over the 2020 election.

“Until recently, we would have regarded it as too marginal to include in a survey. But state legislators in Mississippi and Texas and state GOP leaders in Texas and Wyoming have openly advocated secession in recent months, prompting us to design two survey items to gauge perceptions of this idea,” the researchers said.

Under this hypothetical, the United States would be split into five regions - Pacific, Mountain, Heartland, South, and Northeast.

More: https://dailyvoice.com/new-york/nassau/police-fire/heres-percentage-of-americans-who-want-to-see-country-broken-up-into-regional-unions/804248/

Offline dfwgator

If there is another Civil War, it will be fought between neighborhoods, not regions.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
I bet their results would have been different if they had split the regions down the Mississippi, rather than down the west side of the Dakotas, Nebraska, etc. The way the states are grouped, 'Red States" are muted by Blue ones, and vice-versa.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
If there is another Civil War, it will be fought between neighborhoods, not regions.
Between the rural and the blue urban centers and the bedroom communities.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

:thumbsup:
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Sled Dog

• The Ultimate Weapon: Freedom - I Won't
The OP didn't cite the percentage.

I'm not going to waste time and clicks reading the link to find out.

But it's sad to see that there must be enough total morons in the hinterlands wanting such treasonous nonsense to make writing the silly article plausible.
The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.

Offline mikezpen

The far left is causing this.

If their agenda passes, it's either live under it until it collapses around us, violent overthrow or get out.Which do you recommend?
« Last Edit: March 31, 2021, 06:27:50 pm by mikezpen »

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

:yowsa: And we know who will win that one!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
A thought came to me today (granted, they don't arrive very often, so I have to make the most of one when it appears)...

A Fishrrman prediction (remember where you read it first):
The time is soon approaching (if it hasn't already been passed) after which it will no longer be possible to restore Constitutional government in America using Constitutional means.

Take that however as you wish.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
A thought came to me today (granted, they don't arrive very often, so I have to make the most of one when it appears)...

The time is soon approaching (if it hasn't already been passed) after which it will no longer be possible to restore Constitutional government in America using Constitutional means.

Already there IMHO @Fishrrman
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Sled Dog

• The Ultimate Weapon: Freedom - I Won't

The Second Amendment is there for a specific purpose not related to home defense or hunting, and thus the last resort is in fact a Constitutionally valid process.
The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.