Author Topic: One dose of Pfizer, Moderna COVID vaccine is 80% effective: CDC study  (Read 418 times)

Offline PeteS in CA

One dose of Pfizer, Moderna COVID vaccine is 80% effective: CDC study

https://nypost.com/2021/03/29/cdc-study-reveals-effectiveness-of-single-pfizer-moderna-dose/

Just a single dose of either the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine was shown to be 80 percent effective in preventing COVID-19 in the real world, according to a new CDC study.

The research, which matches the results of clinical studies, is being hailed as significant because it involved front-line health-care workers, first-responders and other essential employees toiling in eight US cities between Dec. 14 and March 13 amid the coronavirus — and its variants. None of the study’s enrollees had previously been sick with the virus.

The study’s nearly 4,000 participants were found to be 80 percent protected from the virus within the first two weeks of receiving part one of the two-dose regime, said the federal Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

80% effectiveness puts a single dose of Pfizer or Moderna in the same ballpark as the single-dose J&J vaccine. How Pfizer and Moderna (and others) arrived at a two dose regime, I don't know. I suspect that unknowns were substantial enough that they went conservative to increase chances of success, but that's just a guess.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Re: One dose of Pfizer, Moderna COVID vaccine is 80% effective: CDC study
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2021, 01:40:27 am »
So essentially the second booster shot isn't necessary?
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2021, 02:03:58 am »
You just had to post this? I'm scheduled to get my 2nd Moderna shot in the morning.

Offline thackney

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2021, 12:19:32 pm »
You just had to post this? I'm scheduled to get my 2nd Moderna shot in the morning.

I get the second Pfizer dose on Monday.  I will be glad to take it, knowing it is boosting from 80% to 95% effective.

If I had been offered the J&J vaccine, I would have still taken it with only 74% effective.  But I would have searched out the first chance I could also get to use the Moderna or Pfizer to boost.

https://www.ama-assn.org/delivering-care/public-health/what-doctors-wish-patients-knew-about-johnson-johnson-vaccine
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline Idiot

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2021, 01:28:30 pm »
I get the second Pfizer dose on Monday.  I will be glad to take it, knowing it is boosting from 80% to 95% effective.

If I had been offered the J&J vaccine, I would have still taken it with only 74% effective.  But I would have searched out the first chance I could also get to use the Moderna or Pfizer to boost.

https://www.ama-assn.org/delivering-care/public-health/what-doctors-wish-patients-knew-about-johnson-johnson-vaccine
I've had 2 friends who had mild cases of COVID, who have taken the Pfizer vaccine.  After the first shot everything was ok, but the second shot was really hard on both.  They had flu symptoms.

Here's hoping your reaction is similar to mine...just a sore arm.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2021, 01:41:44 pm »
I've had 2 friends who had mild cases of COVID, who have taken the Pfizer vaccine.  After the first shot everything was ok, but the second shot was really hard on both.  They had flu symptoms.

Here's hoping your reaction is similar to mine...just a sore arm.

Got my second Pfizer vax Monday.  In both cases only problem was some mild arm discomfort. As far as the need for a second dose, I'll take 96% over 74% any day.

In a coin flip scenario...   4% equates to tossing a coin and getting a head or tail 5 consecutive times' 24% equates to just 2 consecutive heads or tails.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.