Author Topic: Bidens' dog Major involved in another biting incident  (Read 2081 times)

Offline corbe

Re: Bidens' dog Major involved in another biting incident
« Reply #25 on: March 31, 2021, 02:49:46 am »
   @Elderberry I've always had big dogs, Hounds, Shepherds, Heelers but I got that a rescue little weine dog by a miracle  a couple of years ago and I fell in Love with her.  So if I get another Dog it will probably be a daschund mix.  I watched a Chihuahua/Daschund mix yesterday in the park, very energetic but quiet.  Didn't seem to be on Meth, like most chihuahua's.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #26 on: March 31, 2021, 03:04:39 am »
   @Elderberry I've always had big dogs, Hounds, Shepherds, Heelers but I got that a rescue little weine dog by a miracle  a couple of years ago and I fell in Love with her.  So if I get another Dog it will probably be a daschund mix.  I watched a Chihuahua/Daschund mix yesterday in the park, very energetic but quiet.  Didn't seem to be on Meth, like most chihuahua's.

Up until now our most loved dog was a Newfie/Lab mix. But now we have a Basenji/Jack Russell mix that has really worked into our hearts. Our Chihuahua thinks he owns the whole neighborhood.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #27 on: March 31, 2021, 05:20:38 am »
It's still just a little too soon.  My Heart still aches for my little Dashund, Penny, who passed in December.

Nothing covers that hole like another dog @corbe ... I have learned that much. Takes me about 2 weeks or so, and I'll have another.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #28 on: March 31, 2021, 10:18:17 am »
SURE, if it is an unwarranted BITE. If they mean it, there's stitches for sure.
Nipping ain't no thing. That's a warning. A communication.
If it's just a nip. Makes you wonder how much the press has downplayed the incidents, like those mostly peaceful protests and such.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline thackney

« Reply #29 on: March 31, 2021, 12:10:51 pm »
SURE, if it is an unwarranted BITE. If they mean it, there's stitches for sure.
Nipping ain't no thing. That's a warning. A communication.

I do not think of a nip requiring medical attention.  Granted, opinions may vary on the need.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #30 on: March 31, 2021, 01:38:01 pm »
I do not think of a nip requiring medical attention.  Granted, opinions may vary on the need.

And opinions may vary on 'medical attention'.

Offline thackney

« Reply #31 on: March 31, 2021, 02:22:41 pm »
And opinions may vary on 'medical attention'.

Yes indeed.  I've been nipped plenty and bit once.  I am not confused about the difference, but I easily understand where some might be.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #32 on: March 31, 2021, 02:27:04 pm »
TWO biting incidents.  Sorry, the dog has to be put down.  It's a pity nobody feared for the dogs' safety when they insisted on returning them to the White House.

Though there are a few exceptions,  (from a earlier  repeated post), agressive dogs are reflective of how the owner either trained or treated their canine. Biden is as irresponsible as a POTUS as he is a pet owner.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2021, 02:27:53 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline corbe

« Reply #33 on: March 31, 2021, 02:32:05 pm »
   Even his Goldfish would bite him as a child.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #34 on: March 31, 2021, 02:35:35 pm »
This brings into question how Biden *broke* his ankle. He was supposedly *playing* with the dogs..or was he trying to run away from?
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #35 on: March 31, 2021, 02:37:24 pm »
Yes indeed.  I've been nipped plenty and bit once.  I am not confused about the difference, but I easily understand where some might be.

:beer:

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #36 on: March 31, 2021, 02:41:47 pm »
Self-Annointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #37 on: March 31, 2021, 02:57:20 pm »
Not a lot of information about the  "Nip".  On Major's walk, was he on a leash? If he was that sounds bad. If he was off leash, did Major just run up and Nip the agent? Or did Major run up to the agent and then the agent kicked at the dog? There are a lot of people in this world that don't have a lick of dog sense.

Offline deb

• Sinner saved by grace.
« Reply #38 on: March 31, 2021, 04:32:12 pm »
This is a rescue dog, thereby necessitating a certain level of “dog sense”. Given the right owner and the right parameters, this dog may flourish.
We had a dog, a wonderful family dog, who did not like men in uniforms. Women in uniforms were fine. Men not in uniforms were fine. I trusted him completely with our young children; with the  UPS man, not so much. So we never allowed him access to the UPS man.
For all you've given Lord, I stand amazed.
Salvation covers me, forever changed!
In all I could not be, You met every need!
My sin, my broken life, Your cross, Your sacrifice
My hopelessness, my shame, Your faithfulness,  Your grace
The greatest mystery, Your awesome love for me.

Offline Sled Dog

• The Ultimate Weapon: Freedom - I Won't
« Reply #39 on: March 31, 2021, 05:14:10 pm »
Major was rescued?   That puts everything in new light.   All my dogs were rescued from some situation or other.  Some of them had dangerous attitudes.

All I rescue have been Siberian huskies, more or less.   One spent eight years in some house where the people clearly screamed at her and terrorized her.   When we took her to the dog park one of us had to stand with her to make sure nobody tried to pet the beautiful blue-eyed gray husky that was sniffing their knee.   She did not tolerate touching.  She was terrifying and would nip instantly with no warning.   And people expect huskies to be friendly.   But once she learned her new family was nothing but nice to her, she was the sweetest thing...to us.

And then there's the Seppala Siberian Sled Dog we rescued from the shelter.   Fastest dog you ever saw, and tremendous endurance.   And occasionally aggressive.   Always have to pull his leash short when people are walking by....sometimes he just starts going after them.   Don't know what triggers him.   

So if they have strangers (to the dog) taking care of him now, as presidents always do, Major is just confused and needs more care.   I don't think this is an issue we need to blame that demented idiot in the White House for, it's not really an important issue and IMO it's going to come up when the media wants to distract from the demented idiot's crimes against America.
The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #40 on: March 31, 2021, 05:31:30 pm »
Major was very young when rescued.

: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Champ_and_Major

Major

Major (born January 2018) was a rescue from a litter that had been exposed to "something toxic" in their home,[2] and their owner was unable to afford the expense of veterinary care for them.[7][5] He was fostered by the Bidens earlier that year from the Delaware Humane Association's shelter and has been with them since late 2018.

Offline berdie

« Reply #41 on: March 31, 2021, 09:06:11 pm »
This is a rescue dog, thereby necessitating a certain level of “dog sense”. Given the right owner and the right parameters, this dog may flourish.
We had a dog, a wonderful family dog, who did not like men in uniforms. Women in uniforms were fine. Men not in uniforms were fine. I trusted him completely with our young children; with the  UPS man, not so much. So we never allowed him access to the UPS man.

I actually have sympathy for this dog. He sounds like a fear biter to me. I inherited a GS that had the same affliction and never overcame it. I took her fear into account. The difference being...she wasn't around strangers. This poor dog is.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #42 on: March 31, 2021, 09:19:24 pm »
mystery wrote:
"This dog is a rescue..did they know the dogs past?"

Sounds to me like (in his prior life) Major was one of the running dogs of capitalism, and now is clearly uncomfortable with all the communists he's being forced to live with...

Offline Sled Dog

« Reply #43 on: March 31, 2021, 09:48:23 pm »
Major was very young when rescued.

: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Champ_and_Major

Oh, so the "rescue" status is honorary, and the dog was poorly trained by an incompetent master.   This is what happens when Rodents are allowed to own superior species.
The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.

Offline mortarman

« Reply #44 on: March 31, 2021, 11:14:58 pm »
Now they are saying that he is pooping on the carpet in the White House. The dog, not Shortbus Joe. Though I wouldn't be s'prised if Gaffe Machine Joe has left a present for the cleaning crew here or there hisself.

:pop41:
The only controls I want on my guns are the ones that I operate myself such as trigger, bolt or slide, safety selector, magazine release an' optics. All others are unnecessary an' unwanted.

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #45 on: March 31, 2021, 11:42:09 pm »
Biden should keep dog Major away from people after 2nd bite: lawyers

By Evie Fordham | Fox News 3/31/2021

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/biden-dog-major-bite-white-house-legal

Washington, D.C., law is strict on dog owners who know their dog has had at least one biting incident in the past.

"The one feature of Washington, D.C. dog bite law, and it’s relevant to the Major Biden story, it’s called the one-bite rule," Cooper said. "If the dog bites someone after it has already shown that it will bite someone, then there is presumed negligence on the owner of the dog."

D.C. law defines a "potentially dangerous dog" as a dog that "without provocation, chases or menaces a person or domestic animal in an aggressive manner, causing an injury to a person or domestic animal that is less severe than a serious injury." Dangerous dogs can be put down by the city under certain circumstances.

Monday’s incident was the second time Major bit someone at the White House in less than a month. On March 8, Major sank his teeth into a Secret Service employee, who also required attention from the White House medical unit. White House Press Secretary Jen Psaki referred to that incident as "minor."

Offline libertybele

« Reply #46 on: March 31, 2021, 11:43:34 pm »
Now they are saying that he is pooping on the carpet in the White House. The dog, not Shortbus Joe. Though I wouldn't be s'prised if Gaffe Machine Joe has left a present for the cleaning crew here or there hisself.

:pop41:

Well, should Sloe Joe 'let loose' at least he can blame it on the dog.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Sled Dog

« Reply #47 on: April 01, 2021, 12:36:51 am »
Nothing covers that hole like another dog @corbe ... I have learned that much. Takes me about 2 weeks or so, and I'll have another.

I had a friend who had one cat in her life, and when it died she said she was never ever going to get another animal.

When I had to euthanize my poor elderly rescue husky, and was left with only two, less than a month later I was trolling the shelters and got another, a 10 month old black-and-white husky with the fluffiest butt ever.   She's a gorgeous girl.

It's what you do.   People are supposed to know they 're going outlive their dogs before they get them, unless the person is fairly old themselves.  What would life be without huskies?  Boring.

Offline corbe

« Reply #48 on: April 01, 2021, 01:08:29 am »
  @roamer_1 and @Sled Dog Thank you, sincerely, for your thoughts and concern.  I am going to look at Sampson tomorrow, he's at our local kill shelter. Daschund/chihuahua mix, about 6 years old. I'll give them an extra $100 to NOT cut his balls off.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #49 on: April 01, 2021, 01:11:39 am »
I had a friend who had one cat in her life, and when it died she said she was never ever going to get another animal.

When I had to euthanize my poor elderly rescue husky, and was left with only two, less than a month later I was trolling the shelters and got another, a 10 month old black-and-white husky with the fluffiest butt ever.   She's a gorgeous girl.

It's what you do.   People are supposed to know they 're going outlive their dogs before they get them, unless the person is fairly old themselves.  What would life be without huskies?  Boring.

Pretty much.
I am prone to Wolf/Malamute with just a touch of G. Shepherd. Hella good mountain dogs. Pack a load, pull a sled, and will kick the crap out of a griz just for giggles. And smart enough to understand.

But such a mutt will be no good in a kennel or a yard. That's the sort that needs a five mile run every other day just to keep him sane.

Since I been stove up, I have made due with a cow dog. And he's smart and communicates alright - and he's fine with a half acre of yard. Heck he runs like a bucket of bricks...

But he is handy at the ranch, and he knows all the critters by name... I send him down alone to bring em up for feed, or he can cut the one I call for and bring just that one... Super good on a whistle or a sign, and he's been a good friend in a time of trial.

But I DO miss my malamute talking to me. Singing with the wolves and coyotes...  There just can't be the dimensions in the relationship with a cow dog that there are with a mountain dog. It just ain't no where near the same thing.

Ol Chewy is getting long in the tooth these days. Been with me ever since before my illness. And I am holding off getting a new pup, with the thought in mind that I will get back up over three miles a day... If I can go a bit, you can bet I will have another malamute on the way.

:beer: