Author Topic: Student journalist finds photo of the Harvard KKK – and documents school’s overlooked racist past  (Read 326 times)

Online DefiantMassRINO

https://www.boston.com/news/history/2021/03/30/student-journalist-finds-photo-of-the-harvard-kkk-and-documents-schools-overlooked-racist-past

Student journalist finds photo of the Harvard KKK – and documents school’s overlooked racist past

By Kim Bellware,
The Washington Post
March 30, 2021 | 2:45 PM

The photo's title was 'Harvard Class Day - Class Day at Harvard, Klans Klass 21 - have fun.'

A 1924 photo of men in Ku Klux Klan garb gathered around the iconic John Harvard statue, by Massachusetts photographer Leslie Jones. – Leslie Jones Collection/Boston Public Library

... When the Initiative on Harvard and the Legacy of Slavery, convened in 2019, releases its first report this winter, it is not expected to contain any mention of the school’s legacy of racism during the 20th century, Levien found. Several committee members said the report will have “allusions to the 20th-century history” but little more.

Levien said he and professors who study Harvard’s history were disappointed with how little Harvard appears to have reckoned with its racism in the modern era – especially when he considers how much of the information he pieced together was hiding in plain sight in archives, student newspaper clippings and other documents as recent as 2014. ...

Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline mountaineer

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
Just change the color of the suits to rainbow and heavy on pink and this group picture could of been taken last week.

Kooks Kommies and Kueers.

Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....