Author Topic: Who knew that our kids grew up watching such awful films?  (Read 178 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Who knew that our kids grew up watching such awful films?
« on: March 29, 2021, 12:58:52 pm »
March 29, 2021
Who knew that our kids grew up watching such awful films?
By Silvio Canto, Jr.

Well, you learn something every day.  I just learned that Dumbo, Peter Pan, and Cinderella are sending our kids bad messages.   

This is from Disney:   

Dumbo, Peter Pan, The Aristocats, Swiss Family Robinson, Lady and the Tramp and The Jungle Book are not accessible through kids’ profiles with the parental controls switched on. Disney has not removed the affected titles from its streaming platform, and users can still access the films through an adult profile. Each one starts with the content advisory that Disney added last fall.

“This program includes negative depictions and/or mistreatment of people or cultures,” the content advisory reads. “These stereotypes were wrong then and are wrong now. Rather than remove the content, we want to acknowledge its harmful impact, learn from it and spark conversation to create a more inclusive future together.”

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2021/03/who_knew_that_our_kids_grew_up_watching_such_awful_films.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline goatprairie

Re: Who knew that our kids grew up watching such awful films?
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2021, 03:00:33 pm »
I don't know how many decades it's been since Song Of The South was deep-sixed for being "racist" with a black man (Uncle Remus) doing most/all of the narration.
I watched it as kid not knowing that what I was watching was horribly racist and demeaning towards blacks. I'm still trying to figure that one out.
How is an old black man telling a group of white kids stories about anthropomorphized cartoon critters racist?
Beats the heck out of me.

Offline Sled Dog

• The Ultimate Weapon: Freedom - I Won't
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2021, 01:22:07 am »
I don't know how many decades it's been since Song Of The South was deep-sixed for being "racist" with a black man (Uncle Remus) doing most/all of the narration.
I watched it as kid not knowing that what I was watching was horribly racist and demeaning towards blacks. I'm still trying to figure that one out.
How is an old black man telling a group of white kids stories about anthropomorphized cartoon critters racist?
Beats the heck out of me.

They s-canned Song of the South recently enough that my brother has a copy on VHS.   He might even still have a VHS recorder.   I certainly don't.

I've been told that what's racist about SoS is that the slave is a HAPPY slave.   Like today's welfare slave dynasties so obviously are.
The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2021, 02:26:22 pm »
They s-canned Song of the South recently enough that my brother has a copy on VHS.   He might even still have a VHS recorder.   I certainly don't.

I've been told that what's racist about SoS is that the slave is a HAPPY slave.   Like today's welfare slave dynasties so obviously are.
Uncle Remus was a former slave. I guess there were no happy ex-slaves during that time according to liberals and race-hustlers. If I had been given my freedom, I think I'd be a lot happier post-slave than slave. But that's just me.