Author Topic: Oxford University May Scrap Sheet Music for Being Complicit in ‘White Supremacy’  (Read 552 times)

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
https://www.breitbart.com/europe/2021/03/29/oxford-university-considers-scraping-sheet-music-for-being-complicit-in-white-supremacy/

Oxford University May Scrap Sheet Music for Being Complicit in ‘White Supremacy’
29 Mar 2021
KURT ZINDULKA

Oxford University is considering proposals that would remove sheet music from its curriculum over claims that the Western form of musical notation has roots in “colonialism” and “complicity in white supremacy”.

In response to widespread Black Lives Matter riots in the United Kingdom, music educators at Oxford have joined the wider iconoclastic movement which has been sweeping through British academia.

The music department at the prestigious and ancient university has seen calls to remove music notation from the curriculum as professors seek to focus less on white European heritage and culture.

The woke educators went on to claim that musical notation itself is a “colonialist representational system” that has “complicity to white supremacy”. The claim is similar to leftist pronouncements in America that mathematics is inherently racist.

The Oxford academics pronounced that as the skills involved are closely tied to “white European music”.

Professors at the university said that the classical music which is taught at Oxford, which includes Beethoven, Mozart, and Schubert, is too focused on “white European music from the slave period”.

More at URL above...

Poster's note:
I wasn't sure where to put this.
What will they think of next...?

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Jazz musicians are saddened....
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Sled Dog

• The Ultimate Weapon: Freedom - I Won't
Next up:

Making Swahili the national language.
The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.

Offline mountaineer

... In response to student demands “arising from international Black Lives Matter demonstrations,” the Oxford faculty is also considering placing a heavier emphasis on “non-Eurocentric” musical traditions such as Hip-Hop and Jazz, as well as “African and African Diasporic Musics” and “Global Musics”.  ...
I think it's racist to throw out all music created by people of pallor (as opposed to people of color). As a sometime church pianist who has to read actual music to be able to play my instrument, this new racist approach really would hinder my efforts. Would it be okay if I played songs only by Andrae Crouch and Kirk Franklin? Then may I please have the sheet music?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline DefiantMassRINO

White eggs are racist.  Brown eggs are local eggs, and local eggs are fresh.

Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Offline Sled Dog

• The Ultimate Weapon: Freedom - I Won't
What if they printed the music in yellow letters on black paper?
The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.

Offline DB

Western culture is devolving rapidly.

A new dark age is approaching.

Offline Hoodat

Oxford University May Scrap Sheet Music for Being Complicit in ‘White Supremacy’

But all the notes are black.

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
But all the notes are black.

Not quite.  It's raciss to note that to be a Whole Note, it has to be a whitey on the inside.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2021, 10:49:50 pm by Cyber Liberty »
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline mikezpen

another preview of coming attractions

Offline Absalom

Sheet Music, a trademark of genius, is musical notation indicating chords, pitch,
harmony, among many standards, annotated by the greatest minds that ever existed.
That these Oxford scumbags would suggest scrapping it, as a political gesture;
confirms them as a cadre of ignorant subversives.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2021, 09:44:09 pm by Absalom »