Author Topic: Biden’s Blatant Attack Would End the U.S. Firearm Industry As We Know It  (Read 621 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
America's 1st Freedom  by Jason Ouimet 3/27/2021

I have spent much of the last year reporting on Joe Biden’s aggressive plans for gun control. Yet one of his most consequential proposals doesn’t feature the headline-grabbing elements of a firearm ban or confiscation scheme (which, of course, Biden also supports).

The proposal I’m speaking of is repeal of the Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act (PLCAA). If Biden succeeds in this goal, the industry that supplies firearms and ammunition to U.S. consumers, law enforcement and our military would be subject to death by a thousand cuts.

Biden has not been shy about his plans to abolish the PLCAA. His campaign website put it at the top of a very long list of anti-gun measures he hopes to enact. That website falsely claims, “This law protects [gun] manufacturers from being held civilly liable for their products—a protection granted to no other industry.” It further states, “Biden will prioritize repealing this protection.”

Indeed, Biden had promised his gun-control supporters in February 2020 that he would send a PLCAA repeal bill to Congress on his “first day in office.” While he did not meet that timeline, on Feb. 14, Biden called on Congress to pass several gun-control measures, including a repeal of the PLCAA.

Whether the repeal effort happens sooner or later, Second Amendment supporters must understand the gravity of what this would mean to their rights and the importance of engaging politically to oppose it. To do that requires an understanding of the PLCAA’s background, what the law actually does, and—perhaps most importantly—what it does not, despite false claims by Biden and other opponents of the act.

During the 1990s, gun-control activists inside and outside of the federal and various municipal governments launched a coordinated effort to sue the American firearms industry into oblivion … or at least into subservience to their demands. The litigation was inspired, in part, by lawsuits against the tobacco industry.

The idea was to structure the suits so gun companies would be facing multiple cases in multiple jurisdictions simultaneously. And, they didn’t even need to win. They only needed to keep the suits moving long enough to bleed the industry of the financial resources necessary to fight the meritless litigation.

More: https://www.americas1stfreedom.org/articles/2021/3/27/biden-s-blatant-attack-would-end-the-us-firearm-industry-as-we-know-it

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Key words here:  "As we know it."

What will probably happen in response to killing off legal gun manufacturing, will be thousands of "Pirate gun makers" to take up the slack.  People will still find ways to arm themselves.

Inside of 5 years, all new guns will be "ghost guns" with no serial numbers, impossible to track.  Everybody with a good machine shop will be making them, and a black market will rise for reloading cartridges.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

BassWrangler

Key words here:  "As we know it."

What will probably happen in response to killing off legal gun manufacturing, will be thousands of "Pirate gun makers" to take up the slack.  People will still find ways to arm themselves.

Inside of 5 years, all new guns will be "ghost guns" with no serial numbers, impossible to track.  Everybody with a good machine shop will be making them, and a black market will rise for reloading cartridges.

Oh, they are already going after the "ghost guns". If you look carefully, you'll see the larger gun equipment vendors right now are having clearance sales to unload 80% lowers. I think it's because they know those are going to become, for all practical purposes, illegal or impractical to sell, and they want to unload inventory while they still can.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Oh, they are already going after the "ghost guns". If you look carefully, you'll see the larger gun equipment vendors right now are having clearance sales to unload 80% lowers. I think it's because they know those are going to become, for all practical purposes, illegal or impractical to sell, and they want to unload inventory while they still can.

Where can I get one?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

BassWrangler

https://www.80-lower.com/80-percent-lower/

https://www.primaryarms.com/Assembly+80-Percent/MCategories+AR-15

@Cyber Liberty

My personal go-to for 80% AR lowers is RightToBear.com: https://www.righttobear.com/AR15-80-percent-lower-parts-and-tools-s/1855.htm

They also sell Polymer80 (Glock slide compatible) lowers. I've milled a few of the AR lowers, but on the pistols, because I'm concerned about reliability and liability with a carry pistol, I stick with OEM.