Author Topic: Biden's plan for reelection freezes Democratic field  (Read 329 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Biden's plan for reelection freezes Democratic field
« on: March 28, 2021, 06:55:25 pm »
Biden's plan for reelection freezes Democratic field
By Morgan Chalfant and Jonathan Easley - 03/28/21 12:41 PM EDT

President Biden’s announcement that he plans to run for reelection has frozen the field of potential Democratic contenders for 2024 and could mean a late start to the primary process if he changes his mind.

Biden, in announcing his plans this week, hedged by referring to "fate" potentially intervening in his expectation to run.

But even if his plans change, Biden has put the future on hold for the next generation of Democrats, many of whom are decades younger and lost to him in the 2020 primaries. That includes Vice President Harris, who would be in a prime spot to carry Biden’s mantle if he decided to step aside.

Democrats say it would have undercut Biden's presidency to make himself a lame duck at this early point, but they wouldn’t be surprised if he claims to have accomplished much of what he set out to do and decides to leave on top after only one term.

“You certainly have to take him at his word that his intention is to run again, but four years is a long time,” said Mark Longabaugh, a veteran Democratic campaign operative. “It creates an interesting dynamic if he decides to step aside. That decision would likely come very late and would truncate the nominating process, creating a potentially difficult environment. I think there will be pressure on him to formally announce his decision by the spring or summer of 2023. He would just be making himself a lame duck and giving up too much of his presidency if he announced that before.”

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/545178-bidens-plan-for-reelection-freezes-democratic-field
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline skeeter

Re: Biden's plan for reelection freezes Democratic field
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2021, 07:00:15 pm »
Gotta hand it to The Shill for seriously trying to sell this silly farce. I am a bit offended they think we're that stupid.

Every morning is a pleasant surprise for Biden now.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2021, 07:02:53 pm »
Gotta hand it to The Shill for seriously trying to sell this silly farce. I am a bit offended they think we're that stupid.

Every morning is a pleasant surprise for Biden now.

888high58888
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2021, 07:04:29 pm »
Utter bullshit.  Nothing is "frozen," the Rats know he's lying just to keep from being considered a lame duck right out of the chute.

One cannot get away with lying to other liars.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2021, 07:06:01 pm »
I thought for sure a few months ago, Newsom would be the heir apparent, but it appears that is going by the wayside.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2021, 07:10:31 pm »
888high58888
The typical level of intelligence shown by members of the news media these days is appalling.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2021, 07:12:12 pm by skeeter »

BassWrangler

« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2021, 07:17:35 pm »
They better look into relocating the White House down in Del Boca Vista, otherwise he ain't running for squat.

https://imgur.com/vjNoEHN

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2021, 09:49:05 pm »

@skeeter

Of course they think we are that stupid. After all,their supporters are that stupid,so why would they think the Republican "little people" would be any better?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2021, 09:52:07 pm »
The typical level of intelligence shown by members of the news media these days is appalling.

@skeeter

I think calling the media "Stupid" is an exaggeration. Most are probably doing what everyone else is doing on a daily basis,what their bosses tell them to do so they can keep their houses and their jobs.

Now,if you want to call them "unethical",I can go along with that.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2021, 10:02:08 pm »
@skeeter

I think calling the media "Stupid" is an exaggeration. Most are probably doing what everyone else is doing on a daily basis,what their bosses tell them to do so they can keep their houses and their jobs.

Now,if you want to call them "unethical",I can go along with that.
Nah, stupid fits just fine. It’s not all their fault. I mean, sure they’re blinded by ideology but most have received a rather one dimensional eduction - the kind Mao wanted for his people and today’s universities specialize in.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2021, 10:03:17 pm by skeeter »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2021, 10:35:49 pm »
Nah, stupid fits just fine. It’s not all their fault. I mean, sure they’re blinded by ideology but most have received a rather one dimensional eduction - the kind Mao wanted for his people and today’s universities specialize in.

@skeeter

Can't really argue with that,although I do think at one time the typical person that wanted to become a reporter wanted to become rich and famous from reporting "the truth,the whole truth,and nothing but the truth".

Then they got degrees in journalism,a lucky few with connections got jobs,and then discovered every single word they wrote had to have the approval of their editors before it went into print.

I suspect this reality caused a lot of them,the ones with principles, to look for other jobs,leaving the drones to pound out the daily requirement of lies and more lies.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2021, 10:55:51 pm »
Title and premise:
"Biden's plan for reelection freezes Democratic field..."

Methinks that ice will be broken long before 2024 rolls around...

Offline skeeter

« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2021, 12:26:14 am »
@skeeter

Can't really argue with that,although I do think at one time the typical person that wanted to become a reporter wanted to become rich and famous from reporting "the truth,the whole truth,and nothing but the truth".
Those two reporters from WaPo, pizza face and the guy with inappropriate smiling syndrome, changed all that back in the 70s. Now news reporting is a means to a political ends - and always left wing.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2021, 12:28:04 am by skeeter »