Author Topic: Suicide bomber detonates himself outside a Church in Indonesia ahead of Easter  (Read 291 times)

Offline mountaineer

Suicide bomber detonates himself outside a Church in Indonesia ahead of Easter
Priest Wilhelmus Tulak said he heard a "very loud explosion" at around 10.30 am on Sunday after a second mass finished. He had that suspected bomber who attempted to enter the church grounds on a motorbike but was stopped by a security guard.
28 March, 2021
A suicide bomber blew up himself outside a Catholic church in the Indonesian city of Makassar on Sunday killing one people and injuring at least ten people.

According to the reports, on Sunday, the first day of the Easter Holy Week, a suicide bomber detonated himself outside the church in South Sulawesi’s provincial capital Makassar. One person died during the blast at the gate of the church compound. Five church staffers and four worshippers were injured and taken to a nearby hospital.  ...

No particular group has claimed responsibility for the apparent attack. However, Police suspect that Islamic State-inspired Jamaah Ansharut Daulah (JAD), that carried out suicide attacks in 2018 on churches and a police post in the city of Surabaya that killed over 30 people, may have been behind the church blast.
Full story at OPIndia

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline skeeter

Muslims, winning friends and influencing people again.

Offline mountaineer

Our church service was less dramatic. The bell choir rang, "When I Survey the Wondrous Cross." At the risk of sounding immodest, we killed it! Well, not in that sense of the word.  :pondering:

Other news stories report two attackers:
MAKASSAR, Indonesia — Two attackers believed to be members of a militant network that pledged allegiance to the Islamic State group blew themselves up outside a packed Roman Catholic cathedral during a Palm Sunday Mass on Indonesia’s Sulawesi island, wounding at least 20 people, police said.  ...

Police later said both attackers were killed instantly and evidence collected at the scene indicated one of the two was a woman. The wounded included four guards and several churchgoers, police said.

National Police Chief Gen. Listyo Sigit Prabowo told reporters when he visited the crime scene late Sunday that the two attackers are believed to have been members of the militant group Jemaah Anshorut Daulah, which has pledged allegiance to Islamic State group and was responsible for deadly suicide bombings on Indonesian churches in 2018.

He said one of the attackers was believed to have links to a church bombing in the Philippines.  ...

MSN

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
IF no one had been hurt or killed but him,I would have said this was good news.

He couldn't live with religious freedom,which includes the choices of religious preference as well as the choice to NOT be religious,taking himself out seemed to me to be the obvious solution.

Live and let live,and if you can't do that,do the decent thing and die.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline mountaineer

That's what irritates me. That Muslims and Christians have different beliefs is no reason to kill the other group.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
That's what irritates me. That Muslims and Christians have different beliefs is no reason to kill the other group.

@mountaineer

Well,if you are willing to take an HONEST look at it,religions are all about power and wealth. Or wealth and power. It doesn't matter which you put first because having one ALWAYS equals getting both.

Each sees the other as a threat to their power and wealth,and every religion that has ever existed or that will ever exist will have a certain percentage of nutcases anxious to die if they have to in order to kill the "non-believers".

That is the way it has been since the dawn of history,and that is the way it will always be.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline mountaineer

religions are all about power and wealth
Some of them, I'm sure.