Author Topic: USA Today fires editor after tweet that blamed Colorado shooting on 'white man'  (Read 393 times)

Offline PeteS in CA

USA Today fires editor after tweet that blamed Colorado shooting on 'white man'

https://justthenews.com/accountability/media/usa-today-fires-editor-after-tweet-blamed-colorado-shooting-white-man

USA Today fired an editor this week after she erroneously tweeted that the Colorado mass shooting had been perpetrated by a white man.

Hemal Jhaveri, an editor for the paper's For The Win sports section, tweeted on Monday after the shooting: "It's always an angry white man. Always."

The shooting was allegedly carried out by Syrian native Ahmad Al Aliwi Al-Issa. On Friday, Jhaveri wrote on her Medium page that she had been dismissed from her position.

Jhaveri could have claimed the Boulder shooter was white and been OK. Her Twit went full racist, though, and somewhat surprisingly USA Today canned her for her racism.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Killer Clouds

The Colorado shooting was carried out by a Muslim terrorist. And yes I know saying muslim terrorist is redundant.

Offline The_Reader_David

Was it for racism or for not getting the memo that Muslim Arabs are "people of color", while Christian Arabs are white?
And when they behead your own people in the wars which are to come, then you will know what this was all about.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Moslem Arabs are more white supremacists than White Supremacists.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Her Twit went full racist, though, and somewhat surprisingly USA Today canned her for her racism.
Yes. That is weird.
Liberals eat, breath, and live on racism.
There is more to the story.
If Liberals could get fired for 'racism' there would be no reporters in America.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online mountaineer

She also is responsible for the column saying that ORU should be banned from the NCAA Sweet 16 because of its Biblical stance on homosexual behavior. Ed Stetzer responded in a subsequent USA Today editorial:
... Not satisfied that we respect opposing views on human sexuality, all must affirm homosexuality as acceptable within our own theology. There can no longer be any disagreement, only compliance.

This is a stunning 180 from the arguments we heard in 2009 when LGBTQ+ advocates maintained, “All we want is the right to marry. How will my gay marriage hurt you?” Now it’s: “We want your college accreditation, your athletic participation and more.”  ...

The calls to remove Oral Roberts from NCAA competition comes against the backdrop of Senate debates over the Equality Act. Proponents of the act want to say the law will just keep the homophobes from harming the rights of LGBTQ+ persons, but that’s neither accurate nor honest. What we are seeing in the news media is what the Equality Act will make into law.

The Council for Christian Colleges & Universities, of which ORU is a member, explains:

"The Equality Act fails to provide essential religious liberty protections that would allow a diverse group of social service and civic institutions to continue to thrive. In particular, as it relates to the sector of faith-based higher education that has religious convictions around marriage, human sexuality and gender, including CCCU institutions, these laws would conflict in ways that would put at risk their ability to hire and operate in accordance with their religious missions and would restrict student choice in an unprecedented way by preventing middle and low income students from being able to take their federal student aid to these institutions. Faith-based higher education has always been an essential element of the diversity of the higher education system in the United States—many of the first colleges and universities in the United States were religious—and it is essential that any protections for LGBT persons be paired with the essential religious freedoms that maximize freedom for all."  ...
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
"USA Today fired an editor this week after she erroneously tweeted that the Colorado mass shooting had been perpetrated by a white man."

Migosh...
They actually did something RIGHT...

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
Institutions of the media have long screamed racists whites when shooting occurred, then later the facts started coming out that it was a minority or muslim, and those same institutions went quiet or printed retractions buried deep and made little of.  sos
The Editor practiced standard proceedings and got burned, like a rare meteor hitting your house.  A rare enough circumstance.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2021, 03:59:48 pm by christian »
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions