Author Topic: Former CDC Head: You Better Believe I Think COVID-19 Leaked Out Of The Wuhan Lab  (Read 152 times)

Offline PeteS in CA

Former CDC Head: You Better Believe I Think COVID-19 Leaked Out Of The Wuhan Lab

https://hotair.com/archives/ed-morrissey/2021/03/26/former-cdc-head-better-believe-think-covid-19-leaked-wuhan-lab/

When the Trump administration left office, media outlets hoped former officials would open up about the truths behind the COVID-19 pandemic. It appears that CNN’s Sanjay Gupta wasn’t prepared for quite this much truth from former CDC director Robert Redfield. In an interview this morning, Redfield told Gupta that being out of government means he “can have an opinion” — and in his opinion, the virus escaped out the lab in Wuhan rather than crossed over naturally or through wet markets.

Gupta seems a bit stunned:

Robert Redfield, the former director of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, said he believed the virus that causes Covid-19 originated from a laboratory in Wuhan, China — contradicting the assessment of the World Health Organization and most public health experts.

In an interview with CNN’s Sanjay Gupta that aired Friday, the former Trump administration official also speculated that the virus began transmitting within central China’s Hubei province in September or October 2019, a potential time frame more in line with mainstream scientific views.

“That’s my own view. It’s only an opinion. I’m allowed to have opinions now,” said Redfield, ... . He is now a senior adviser for public health to Maryland Gov. Larry Hogan on the state’s pandemic response.

Regarding the origins of the virus, Redfield went on to say: “I am of the point of view that I still think the most likely ideology (sic?) of this pathogen in Wuhan was from a laboratory. Escaped. Other people don’t believe that. That’s fine. Science will eventually figure it out. It’s not unusual for respiratory pathogens that are being worked on in a laboratory to infect the laboratory worker.”

I'm not of the opinion that the SARS-CoV-2 virus was man-made or that it was not. "Experts" have claimed both, so I'm not settling on whichever might fit my confirmation bias. That said, and getting back to the point of this article, I do believe there is some - not a lot - evidence that points to a contamination/escape event at the lab and a clean-up effort in fall of 2019. Redfield may be alluding to studies that use minor mutations to trace back to an estimated beginning of the spread. These are a bit esoteric and too computer model dependent for my taste.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Sled Dog

• The Ultimate Weapon: Freedom - I Won't
Let's say the Wuhan Flu was naturally evolved in Wuhan's filthy disgusting wet markets as a trio of viral exchanges between Dinner Bats, Party Snack Pangolins, and people.

That means the Chinese have FILTHY eating habits, a disgusting disregard for animal cruelty, and a cave-man's appreciation of healthy hygiene.   So it would be right to call it the Wuhan Flu.

Then let's pretend the virus escaped into the wild after some experimentation with some variant of the SARS virus from a Chinese bio-warfare lab...er...biological research facility.

Then the Chinese are freakin' incompetent when it comes to biohazard safety and criminally negligent in allowing it to escape.  China should be billed, by every nation on Earth, for wantonly (...er "won-ton-ly") for the cost of the lethal global pandemic they spread around the globe.   Even if it was done accidentally, which is unlikely.

Calling it the Wuhan Flu in that event helps to focus global ire on the deserving target that should be paying global reparations.

Where is the demand in the United States House of Representatives that China pay full restitution to the US for the harm the China Virus has cost America?   There should be one.   And labeling the weapon the "China Virus" or the "Wuhan China Virus" or the "Kung Flu" would keep the purpose of the demand open and up front.

What's the reason for not calling it the China Virus?

China doesn't like it.

Make China Pay.

Something to think about:
If we don't make them pay now, why wouldn't they continue research and create a Kung Flu Too that has a much higher mortality rate and not release it until they have a vaccine ready for their party faithful only?
« Last Edit: March 27, 2021, 12:12:20 am by Sled Dog »
The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.