Author Topic: Pelosi Argues She Has A Right Not To Seat Certified Election Winner In Iowa  (Read 310 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Pelosi Argues She Has A Right Not To Seat Certified Election Winner In Iowa

Ashley Carnahan
Contributor
March 25, 2021 7:12 PM ET

Democratic Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi said Thursday it was within her “right” not to seat the certified election winner in Iowa.

Republican Rep. Mariannette Miller-Meeks of Iowa won the seat in November 2020, defeating the Democratic candidate Rita Hart by a mere six votes, as previously reported. Hart requested a recount, and one was fully provided with bipartisan support. The election was officially certified by the Iowa State Board of Canvassers, stating Miller-Meeks received a total of 196,964, and Hart a total of 196,958, according to the report.

“If I wanted to be unfair, I wouldn’t have seated the Republican from Iowa because that was my right on the opening day. I would have just said, you’re not seated, and that would have been my right as Speaker to do so,” Pelosi said on Wednesday.

more
https://dailycaller.com/2021/03/25/nancy-pelosi-certified-election-winner-iowa/
« Last Edit: March 26, 2021, 02:40:19 pm by mystery-ak »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
She might be correct about what she could have done on day one, but she didn't so that ship sailed already.   She's just trying the old tack, "I could have been a real a-hole, so this shows I'm not one!"

She's trying (and failing) to justify a move by the entire House to expel a duly elected Representative.  She knows if she can do this expulsion, then getting rid of other GOP Reps would be a lot easier, Rep Greene for example.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: