Author Topic: Dem Rep. Schakowsky: ‘We’re Going to Regulate’ Tech Companies, and There Must Be ‘Limitations’ on Us  (Read 228 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Dem Rep. Schakowsky: ‘We’re Going to Regulate’ Tech Companies, and There Must Be ‘Limitations’ on User Content

Ian Hanchett 25 Mar 2021

On Thursday’s broadcast of MSNBC’s “All In,” House Consumer Protection and Commerce Subcommittee Chairwoman Jan Schakowsky (D-IL) discussed the subcommittee’s hearing with the CEOs of Facebook, Google, and Twitter and said that the hearing’s purpose was to send the message to tech companies “That we’re going to regulate. We’re going to legislate.” And that there “have to be some limitations, not just on advertising.”

Schakowsky said of the hearing, “So, the purpose really was, from my point of view, to make sure that the tech companies understood that the day of self-regulation has really ended. And that, now, it is time for us to regulate, and that we intend to. That we’re going to regulate. We’re going to legislate.”

After Schakowsky discussed holding platforms liable for false ads, host Chris Hayes asked about user content on social media and “what those sort of content moderation policies look like, and the degree to which the government is specifically prescribing them?”

Schakowsky responded, “Yes, and I — but I do think that there are — have to be some limitations, not just on advertising. But the kind of thing that — I mean, they have — Facebook has housed QAnon for many, many years, and certainly, on the 6 of January. That was coordinated. Well, people died.”

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2021/03/25/dem-rep-schakowsky-were-going-to-regulate-tech-companies-and-there-must-be-limitations-on-user-content/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline skeeter

Dorsey, Zuckerburg and Pichai, while casually looking at their fingernails: "no stop don't".

Online dfwgator

In other words, the fox will be guarding the hen house.

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
And that there “have to be some limitations, not just on advertising.”

One of their goals:
An internet here that resembles what exists now in China, or perhaps even more restrictive and limiting.