Author Topic: GOP Senator Accuses Biden Nominee Vanita Gupta Of Lying Under Oath During Confirmation Hearing  (Read 219 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
GOP Senator Accuses Biden Nominee Vanita Gupta Of Lying Under Oath During Confirmation Hearing

Chuck Ross
Investigative Reporter
March 25, 2021 11:52 AM ET

Texas Sen. John Cornyn on Thursday accused Vanita Gupta, the nominee for associate attorney general, of lying under oath regarding her past position on the legalization of hard drugs, which the Republican says should disqualify her from office.

“I believe Ms. Gupta’s deception, her lack of remorse, her dishonesty when it comes to answering straightforward questions disqualifies her for the office of associate attorney general,” Cornyn said in a Senate Judiciary Committee business meeting.

Cornyn was focused on Gupta’s remarks during her March 17 confirmation hearing when asked about her position on drug legalization.

“I have never advocated for decriminalization of all drugs, and I do not support decriminalization of all drugs,” Gupta told Iowa Sen. Chuck Grassley during the hearing.

During the hearing and again on Thursday, Cornyn pointed to an editorial that Gupta wrote for The Huffington Post in 2012 in which she expressed support for decriminalizing all drugs.

more
https://dailycaller.com/2021/03/25/cornyn-vanita-gupta-lie-drugs/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34