Author Topic: Biden Administration Ramping Up For New Battle Over Net Neutrality  (Read 78 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
March 25, 2021
Biden Administration Ramping Up For New Battle Over Net Neutrality
By Patrick M. Wood

In 2019, Sen. Ed Markey (D-MA) stood with Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-NY) to launch their radical Green New Deal that would flip America’s economic system into a resemblance of the World Economic Forum’s “Great Reset.” In terms of high-tech industry lingo, “disruptive” would be the right adjective to use.

The Verge reports that Markey is now on a track to introduce new legislation that would re-implement net neutrality that “would engrave the no throttling, block, or paid fast lanes rules into law.”

Should Markey’s new bill fail, his plan B is to stack the FCC with enough Democrats to take matters into their own hands. He explained to The Verge that “Once we have three Democrats in place at the Federal Communications Commission, I will strongly urge it to reverse the Trump FCC wrongheaded decision and restore net neutrality and the FCC’s authority over broadband.”

Net Neutrality as a political issue was originally introduced by then-Senator Barack Hussein Obama. On October 29, 2007, Obama stated,

“I am a strong supporter of net neutrality … What you’ve been seeing is some lobbying that says that the servers and the various portals through which you’re getting information over the Internet should be able to be gatekeepers and to charge different rates to different Web sites … And that I think destroys one of the best things about the Internet—which is that there is this incredible equality there."

The keyword to note here is government-mandated “equality.”

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2021/03/biden_administration_ramping_up_for_new_battle_over_net_neutrality.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34