Author Topic: The Unfit President  (Read 284 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
The Unfit President
« on: March 25, 2021, 02:20:51 pm »
March 25, 2021
The Unfit President
By J. Robert Smith

There was another time in U.S. history when a president was incapable of serving.  His name was Woodrow Wilson, and he had had a stroke, a debilitating one.  He never recovered.  For about 18 months, the nation was without a president.  World War I was over, and the country was on the cusp of the Roaring 20s, so perhaps having a leader wasn’t as imperative.   

Politico remembered Wilson’s October 1919 stroke in this October 2019 article.

For a time, it was one of greatest cover-ups in the annals of the American presidency. (Many more years would pass before ratification of the 25th Amendment in 1967, which specifies the procedures to be followed in the event of a presidential disability.) Edith [Wilson, the First Lady] would regularly review pending legislation and executive documents -- becoming, according to some historians, the de facto acting president.

Seem familiar?  It should.

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2021/03/the_unfit_president_.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Sled Dog

• The Ultimate Weapon: Freedom - I Won't
Re: The Unfit President
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2021, 11:10:03 pm »
A leader was absolutely imperative.

The West won the war and seriously lost the peace.

The Treaty of Versailles was negotiated while the Racist Woodrow was recovering from the Influenza pandemic, which probably caused the stroke, and that treaty was crushingly harsh on Germany, which led to the rise of Hitler and the Second World War.

The Racist Woodrow wasn't there to lead the crusade for the League of Nations in the US and the Senate rejected the idea.   The League without the US leadership proved to be even more useless than today's UN.

The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2021, 11:19:23 pm »
Irish statesman Edmund Burke is often misquoted as having said, “Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it.” Spanish philosopher George Santayana is credited with the aphorism, “Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it,”
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline skeeter

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2021, 11:32:22 pm »
Irish statesman Edmund Burke is often misquoted as having said, “Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it.” Spanish philosopher George Santayana is credited with the aphorism, “Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it,”

Burke said "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing". Which is also very relevant today.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2021, 11:13:14 pm »
...   The nation’s enemies -- with plenty of help from the Biden administration -- perceive weakness.  Biden, frail and practically checked out, is regarded as an open invitation to China, Russia, and Iran to push for advantages.

The administration’s paper-tiger approach to China -- secretary of state Tony Blinken had his head handed to him last week by PRC representatives Yang Jiechi and Wang Yi -- only emboldens Xi Jinping.

Publicly moralizing about the Uighurs and Hong Kongers, and foot-stomping about Taiwan, cyberattacks and violations of “rules-based order,” means little to Xi and his cronies. ...
The USA is an international laughingstock to enemies and friends alike.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2021, 11:14:35 pm »
The USA is an international laughingstock to enemies and friends alike.

Not the entire USA. Biden and co.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley